Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Look at What I Came Home With Tadaaaye

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Look at What I Came Home With Tadaaaye

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 07:56

AIN'T MY THUMB THE GREATEST THING EVER?!?!?! :D

[Edit]
Splash screen:
*excitement*

[Edit]
*just seconds after the screen goes black*
OH MY FUCKING GAWD. THIS IS MICROSOFT'S FAULT! FUCK-ASS! I SPENT HALF OF MY ALLOWANCE FOR A FUCKING ERROR MESSAGE? Thanks a lot, Bill Gates. Thanks a fucking lot.

Right now, an XBox360 fanboy is rejoicing that someone's copy of GoW PC didn't work. Is it me or is UE3 + its games not living up to their promise? I think Epic has started slipping up with this. GoW PC bugs + low UT3 review ratings? That looks like a bad sign to me.

Oh yeah, if that wasn't bad enough, here's GoW's totally awesome Editor:

If there was an update that's supposed to happen - nothing happened. I never even reached the menu or the startup videos.

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 10:55

Did you try plainly rebooting your PC after installing? Also.. I think there's something floating around the internet concerning this

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 12:22

Well, I did reboot after install but still the same results. I've just retested the Editor and it properly displays its splash screen now as well but a little later on, it gives yield to exactly the same errors.

In fact, I get two errors: one about my kernel32.dll right after the screen goes black and one about that ntdll.dll when the game crashes back to desktop right after closing the first error message. I've scoured Epic's forums and whatever Google could offer but there's no one talking about the same exact error.

I'm trying the game on my brother's Pentium D - but damn it to hell - this installation has gone past 2 hours and it's not even half-finished yet. :\ Only took about 30-45 minutes on me own Core 2 Duo.

XYZ8000
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 12:29

A lot of people brought back their copy to the store because of crashes, I heard.
Don't blame UE3 for Micro$oft's faults, games like Roboblitz, BioShock (apart from the silly copy protection that 2K games used) and UT3 runs (and pretty well) if you meet the system reqs.
Good luck for the install on the other PC.

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 12:57

All I could find so far is:

A fix that worked for a few of us so far for the crash can easily be done, go into the Binaries folder and open WarGame-G4WLive.exe.cfg with notepad.
It will show you this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Liveconfig xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/XBOX/LIVE/LIVECONFIG/2007/01">
<titleid>4D530842</titleid>
<titleversion>100d0181</titleversion>
<rating>1</rating>
<enableCrossPlatformSystemLink>false</enableCrossPlatformSystemLink>
<lankey>FEEBB00D01020304506071728a8da99a</lankey>
<OriginalXliveTarget>1.1.0322.0</OriginalXliveTarget>
</Liveconfig>

Remove

And save the file.

You will then be able to play the game without crash (if you had the same problem as us) BUT BUT BUT

Since Live is removed (which is what caused the game to crash) you WON'T BE ABLE TO SAVE.

Sorry, but the game require you to connect to live to save your progress and edit video/audio options. Live would make the bug crash, this let you play as long as you want without crashes, but game won't save, even if it did before, since it doesnt save on your PC.

If we can find a way to save on our PC, I'll let you know.

Hope it helps

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 13:01

Also seems to conflict with Antivirus software. Disable it or make sure Gow has complete access to everything.. Might help

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 14:10

I can't believe I'm saying this but the game is working near perfectly on my bro's spyware-riddled now-supposedly-weak-ass computer. :x Does this have something to do with the fact that my brother's computer uses an ATI GPU and that I don't? I've read some stuff about deleting a saved game folder... I'm not sure how that would fix it but it has the same error I experience - something to do with the Kernel32. Could Nod32 not trust Gears of War? Or Spysweeper?

[Edit]
Oh, I found a logfile the game generated. I copied the last part from where things seem to have went wrong.

Code: Select all

Init: Device supports: ALC_EXT_EFX
Init: Found EFX extension with 1 effect slots and 1 potential sends
Init: ...'reverb' supported
Init: ...'low pass filter' supported
Init: ALAudioDevice initialized.
Init: Client initialized
Init: LiveSock: version 2.2 (2.2), MaxSocks=0, MaxUdp=0
DevOnline: XLocatorServiceInitialize() for service (LocatorV1.4D530842.RTP.*) returned 0x00000000
DevOnline: XLocatorCreateKey() returned 0x00000000
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: IsInRenderingThread() [File:.\Src\RenderResource.cpp] [Line: 36]

Stack:
Critical: Windows GetLastError: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed. (299)
Log: === Critical error: ===
Assertion failed: IsInRenderingThread() [File:.\Src\RenderResource.cpp] [Line: 36]

Stack:

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812a5b (filename not found)
CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found)
Address = 0xfb0a12   (filename not found)
Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

A fix that worked for a few of us so far for the crash can easily be done, go into the Binaries folder and open WarGame-G4WLive.exe.cfg with notepad.
It will show you this
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<titleid>4D530842</titleid>
<titleversion>100d0181</titleversion>
<rating>1</rating>
<enableCrossPlatformSystemLink>false</enableCrossPlatformSystemLink>
<lankey>FEEBB00D01020304506071728a8da99a</lankey>
<OriginalXliveTarget>1.1.0322.0</OriginalXliveTarget>
</Liveconfig>

Remove

And save the file.

You will then be able to play the game without crash (if you had the same problem as us) BUT BUT BUT

Since Live is removed (which is what caused the game to crash) you WON'T BE ABLE TO SAVE.

Sorry, but the game require you to connect to live to save your progress and edit video/audio options. Live would make the bug crash, this let you play as long as you want without crashes, but game won't save, even if it did before, since it doesnt save on your PC.

If we can find a way to save on our PC, I'll let you know.

No avail. Still the same errors. And I think this has little to do with Windows Live. Hasn't Epic released a patch to help this or something?

Maybe I should actually try posting in the official GoW forums?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Look at What I Came Home With Tadaaaye

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 16:39

And unfortunately, you have wasted money for this.

GTD-Carthage wrote:Is it me or is UE3 + its games not living up to their promise? I think Epic has started slipping up with this. GoW PC bugs + low UT3 review ratings? That looks like a bad sign to me.

Only GOW suffers from this. UT3's ratings are a bit lower than usual because the trend of today is giving 10 to overhyped crap like Halo, BioShock and Crysis.
ImageImage

User avatar cronodevir
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 16:41

What bothers me out of all of that is the fact that you still have to pay to play over the internet..and its a PC game. Just another step for corps to try and control and regulate games as much as possiable.
I'm Garble and MrBlowtatoes

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 16:44

Ask Microsoft for that, they are top-notch guys about it. $$$.
ImageImage

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 16:44

I don't think BioShock is overrated, Crysis maybe a tad. I'll reserve judgment on UT when I've played the whole thing. But I liked the Demo Gameplay.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 16:46

Yeah, BioShock is a 10/10 game during the first time for sure, then it's a 4/10 in a second run. Where's the replaybility?
ImageImage

User avatar Turboman
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 20:30

I consider Bioshock heavily overrated, even more shocking to me is that alot of people dare to consider it equal to masterpieces as Deus Ex.

so uhm, on the box what does LIVE gold trial supposed to mean? i mean its the PC version isn't it? or are they trying to sell you an xbox360 with it?

anyway i'm really curious to know how the new exclusive pc stuff are, and more important, is there CO-OP? many reviews that showed up after a quick google are kinda vague on that subject and the answer seems yes, even though i find it hard to believe (especially because of references to x360 live???)

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2007, 20:34

GOW PC has Co-op. The campaign shines even more than its X360 counterpart, thanks to the new additions (say, the Brumak looks better than any other Locusts).
ImageImage

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Nov 2007, 02:44

OH WELL. There goes my 2,240 bucks. Took me the entire term to earn it. I probably don't even have enough money to get UT3 CE ATM. GoW worked on my brother's significantly-weaker PC but that proves it's less of a direct software problem so I guess I can't return it. If that's the case, I'll play something else then...

Next