This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Nali Weapons v1.4 (Weapon pack)

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Taz
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 11:31

Dunno. (Shrugs.) I've always been prejudiced in favor of the idea that the Nali just don't have science and technology, at least not the same kind as the Skaarj and humans but something more like a form of psionics. But to each his own. :)

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 21:22

Feralidragon wrote:[If I would say that those spaceships were been hidden by Nalis in places that you never ever visited? Since they wanted only a simple and peacefull life after what happened in Na Likopo (enough! no more spoilers now :P).

I would quite say that the nalis uses the Technoligy like they used for Sunspire to Skytown or something, you never know ;)

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 21:52

Few things:

1) It's Nali, not Nalis. So .. 1 Nali, 2 Nali, 3 Nali, etc...
2) who says that the Nali would have weapons/spaceships? Do WE (humans) have spaceships now?.. not really. So why would nali have 'em?
They're advanced.. but in a different way.. IMHO.
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 21:56

{WINGS}Zombiehunter wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:[If I would say that those spaceships were been hidden by Nali in places that you never ever visited? Since they wanted only a simple and peacefull life after what happened in Na Likopo (enough! no more spoilers now :P).

I would quite say that the nali uses the Technoligy like they used for Sunspire to Skytown or something, you never know ;)

You are quite there, gravity technology and stuff, but yet, I have all the story well planned, and for me with sense and exciting.
I just don't have still the scripted/model/skins stuff ready to start mapping to it, as I am working on it. And idk if I am capable to finish it, as I am doing a whole team's work, kinda hard...

SPOILER: Who said that the Nali keeped the weapons hidden in crates and vases and stuff because they didn't know what to do with them? You will know the big truth about them... (maybe in a couple of years with the time and knowledge that I have in the moment to do a SP campaign :\ )

Darkon wrote:Few things:

1) It's Nali, not Nalis. So .. 1 Nali, 2 Nali, 3 Nali, etc...
2) who says that the Nali would have weapons/spaceships? Do WE (humans) have spaceships now?.. not really. So why would nali have 'em?

Calm down... if you knew the story that I am building you would see that it has really sense. It's controversy, I know, but that's the point, and the truth is that the story has "head, body and members" as we say in my country.
So, I know too that there will be people that won't accept this kinda story, but oh well, I can't make all people happy :rolleyes:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 22:15

Darkon wrote:2) who says that the Nali would have weapons/spaceships? Do WE (humans) have spaceships now?.. not really. So why would nali have 'em?

I think this mod is all about gameplay :lol:
ImageImage

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 22:29

Feralidragon wrote:Calm down...

Heh.. yeah, sorry. I was halfway typing my message when I got an important phonecall, so I had to kinda multitask, which I hate to do when I'm typing messages.. :wink:

Be creative!... I'm looking forward to the end result! :tup:

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008, 10:25

Thanks, suddently I thought that this kinda SP campaign would be a very bad ideia.

I tell you what, I am planning to do all the recoding, new models and changing all firemodes effects.
It won't be overkill weapons (with one exception: MultiMissile Launcher X-Missile launch).
All this because the current ones have a very bad looking effects and skins, but I will launch them only with the SP campaign...

Just one question: there's anybody that already did native coding to vehicles and/or extended collision? If so, I needed them, but if not, I have to code it myself in UScript, has I don't know how to code native C++ :\ (but I would like to know to make my own native stuff).

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008, 14:51

Feralidragon wrote:Thanks, suddently I thought that this kinda SP campaign would be a very bad ideia.

I tell you what, I am planning to do all the recoding, new models and changing all firemodes effects.
It won't be overkill weapons (with one exception: MultiMissile Launcher X-Missile launch).
All this because the current ones have a very bad looking effects and skins, but I will launch them only with the SP campaign...

Just one question: there's anybody that already did native coding to vehicles and/or extended collision? If so, I needed them, but if not, I have to code it myself in UScript, has I don't know how to code native C++ :\ (but I would like to know to make my own native stuff).

Yes there is.. I haven't tested/seen it myself, but I thought that dots did that.. it's also here somewhere on the forums..

Edit: Strange.. I can't find it anymore.. but it was about uvehicles and u2vehicles that were ported over....

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008, 15:18

Yeah, after I posted this I searched on google about vehicle physics for UT and stuff, and I found an updated version of Dot's vehicles.

The thing is, he coded all the thing in UScript, which can lag if I add too many vehicles in the game. So I asked him if he could do the physics code natively, as he did to his emitters.

Anyway, thanks :tup:

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008, 17:41

Feralidragon wrote:Yeah, after I posted this I searched on google about vehicle physics for UT and stuff, and I found an updated version of Dot's vehicles.

The thing is, he coded all the thing in UScript, which can lag if I add too many vehicles in the game. So I asked him if he could do the physics code natively, as he did to his emitters.

Anyway, thanks :tup:

updated? Do you have a linky?

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Jul 2008, 17:52

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Jul 2008, 02:09

very cool weapon mod. The youtube video was very enjoyable to watch... I hope in your single-player pack you will be able to create monsters that are a challenge with these weapons. I'm looking forward to it in the future :D

Madman Widagun
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008, 15:48

Cool weapons, but by they don't look like something a Nali would be found holding onto.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008, 15:50

Why exactly is it named Nali Weapons anyway?
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008, 19:20

sana wrote:Why exactly is it named Nali Weapons anyway?

Because in my SP they were built by them. But like I said, these weapons are just the concept, a simple preview of the incoming ones, and there will be 10 weapons instead of 6, which 5 were built by a type of Nali (elemental based weapons), and the other 5 were built by another type of Nali (military based weapons).

They aren't magic at all, they were built for pure war. I won't tell the new effects of the 6 remodelled weapons, and the new 4 weapons names neither, until I launch the SP campaign (which will take some time).

Previous