Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

Nali Weapons v1.4 (Weapon pack)

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Nali Weapons v1.4 (Weapon pack)

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 20:23

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBE5kUWoM_k

The new BoltRifle combo:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD MIRRORS:

First download the first version:

DOWNLOAD NALI WEAPONS

FileFront mirror: FileFront Mirror

Then the v1.4 update:

FILEFRONT DOWNLOAD

RAPIDSHARE DOWNLOAD

Instalation:

1st version - utx to Textures; uax to Sounds

v1.4 - u, int and ini to System

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NALI WEAPONS V1.4 RELEASED (NEW GUI ADDON AND MAJOR FIXES)

v1.3 to v1.4

Fixes:
- In a online game, when a team mate walked through your LandMines and StickyMines, they simulated always an annoying explosion, when they actually didn’t exploded at all (FIXED!)
- In a online game, when the MultiMissile Launcher locked in a target, it only seeked its target in 20% of the times, now it seeks almost always;
- When you grabbed a player and placed him in the water, he/she couldn’t simple swim (FIXED!)

Add-ons:
- Added a new Mod menu to configure the NaliWeapons, both mutator and the weapons themselves:
Mod > Nali Weapons v1.4 > Monster Hunt:
Here you can customize the Nali Weapons to the Monster Hunt games, like which weapons will be added, and which amount of ammo will each one have:
Max Ammo X – Multiplier of the default max ammo capacity of each weapon.
Ammo Amount X – Multiplier of the default ammo amount of each ammo pickup of each weapon.
Start Weapon Ammo X – Multiplier of the default ammo you get when you find a new weapon.

The checks only tell if that weapon will either or not appear in the game.

Mod > Nali Weapons v1.4 > Other Gametypes:
Here you can customize the Nali Weapons to the rest of the other gametypes, not MH, such DM, TDM, CTF, ect., like which weapons will be added, and another simple rules for game balancing. These settings don’t affect Monster Hunt games whatsoever. To set rules to MH, go to Monster Hunt tab.

Disarmable Sticky Mines – By default, sticky mines never get the possibility of getting disarmed, but if you want the Sticky Mines to be disarmable as the Land Mines, check this.

Combo No-player Attack – By default, the huge BoltRifle combo kills many players in range, but the combo is also needed to disarm mines. So, if you still want the possibility to disarm mines, but you don’t want that the combo kills the players, check this.

Graviton Vortex – By default, the Graviton has a powerful 1st Fire Mode which is a gravity vortex. So, if you want to have the Graviton in the game only with the grabbing function of its 2nd Fire Mode, check out this.

The other checks only tell if that weapon will either or not appear in the game.

IMPORTANT: The ‘Monster Hunt’ settings don’t affect ‘Other GameTypes’ settings, which means: Monster Hunt settings just for Monster Hunt games, and Other GameTypes for every gametype else. This is usefull for servers that have both Monster Hunt and another gametypes, and when you want to apply this mutator to both with different settings, as both mutator and weapons auto-detect the gametype, and apply to themselves the respective mod settings.

Opened issues/things which need a fix:
- The Miner has an issue, both offline and online, that is freezing the weapon sometimes. But it just takes to throw it away and pick it up again to pwn with it again.
- Only online issues:
a) When you create ice on the water with the Freezer, actually are created 2 visible bases, but just one is the “real” one, the other is just an illusion.
b) The full effect of the BoltRifle combo just doesn’t want to show up, but the major and critical effects do appear, so do not worry with this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next version (v1.5):

Features:
+ 3 new weapons: modded enforcer, minigun and sniper
"Disarmable sticky mines" option in MH
"BoltRifle combo range" option in all gametypes

Fixes:
Anything that I can fix...

Release:
TBD: Maybe after summer...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last notes:

I know that these weapons aren't that cool, mostly the skins and effects, and they were to be used in a SP mod ("Mission Ultimate") that I were about to develop with no team, just me, but until then, I have to code, model and skin some high end stuff to it (like vehicles) and I just don't know if I am capable of it, so I release the weapons to actually people trying them.

Sorry if I am posting some noobish stuff, but I only started coding in about 6 months ago LOL

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 22:16

purdy cool actually. Altho -imho- the weapons are a bit too powerful... or is that just me?
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 22:56

Overkills, but some of them look nice. It's all-or-nothing mutator or you can select which of th new weapons to include?
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Jul 2008, 23:04

Darkon wrote:purdy cool actually. Altho -imho- the weapons are a bit too powerful... or is that just me?

Well, yes, they are powerfull, too powerfull for major gametypes, such CTF for example, but that's why you can tweak some of them in the mod menu, like the Graviton 1st fire and BoltRifle combo.

But a lot of people tried them in MH and they say that those weapons fit MH very good.
But if you want take power from them to a DM or CTF gametype, I advice to disable the BoltRifle combo and the Graviton vortex in the mod menu, and enable the disarmable Sticky Mines.

Maybe they look too powerfull and too unbalanced, but they are actually balanced, as they have the right amount of ammo, and some fire modes can only be performed if you have a certain amount of ammo, take a look into the MultiMissile Launcher:
- 1 ammo needed to Rockets (normal)
- 3 ammo needed to A-Missiles (controlable by player)
- 10 ammo needed to H-Missiles (lock on - singular kill)
- 30 ammo needed to T-Missiles (lock on - high destructive)
- 100 ammo (max) needed to an X-Missile (lock on - nuclear like)

Like I said, they were (and still are) to be used as goal items in my SP campaign, where you had to find them, but as my SP will take a loooong time to finish, here they are.

Jethro wrote:Overkills, but some of them look nice. It's all-or-nothing mutator or you can select which of th new weapons to include?

You can select which ones you want to use in the game by selecting them in the mod menu "Nali Weapons v1.4" (they are all selected by default).

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008, 13:30

who made these >.< im having a guy posting the same in the {Wings} forum

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008, 13:33

{WINGS}Zombiehunter wrote:who made these >.<

Feralidragon is the one who made the mod. Check his profile here and the link to his website.
ImageImage

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008, 16:28

{WINGS}Zombiehunter wrote:who made these >.< im having a guy posting the same in the {Wings} forum

I know why his confusion LOL

I am from {WINGS} clan, and I am Feralidragon in modding/community forums and {WINGS}xXx in the clans forums. xD

Which means, that you saw {WINGS}xXx posting these weapons, and Feralidragon and {WINGS}xXx are the same exact guy: me. ^_^ :wink:

UBerserker wrote:Feralidragon is the one who made the mod. Check his profile here and the link to his website.

Talking about it, I have to update it with the v1.4 version...

User avatar Taz
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 03:10

I've always felt that Nali weapons should be magic-based, at least a couple of them. Any in this mod? :)

I've also always felt that the gravity vortex is just way too powerful as a weapon, BTW. (One of my all-time favorite weapons is the shrinker from U4E. Just love shrinking my enemies and seeing them run around like mice. :D)

User avatar Jethro

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 09:36

Taz wrote:I've also always felt that the gravity vortex is just way too powerful as a weapon, BTW.

Well, I was never really keen on any overkills, and all incarnations of gravity vortex (one comes with Chaos UT, one with some mod for Unreal that I don't remember and this one) never really appealed to me.
Taz wrote:(One of my all-time favorite weapons is the shrinker from U4E. Just love shrinking my enemies and seeing them run around like mice. :D)

Gosh I hate that weapon, I hate all uncurable weapons.
Although there are some nice weapons in U4E I always got serious problems with finding 10 non-overkill weapons there to replace all of the stock ones.

User avatar Taz

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 09:53

Gosh I hate that weapon, I hate all uncurable weapons.

Uncurable? I thought the bots you've shrunken return to normal size after a while?

Although there are some nice weapons in U4E I always got serious problems with finding 10 non-overkill weapons there to replace all of the stock ones.

I think 4 or 5 will do. But then perhaps I'm more easily satisfied than you. :)

User avatar Jethro

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 10:06

Taz wrote:[Uncurable? I thought the bots you've shrunken return to normal size after a while?

Never lived long enough to find that out :P Thanks for the tip!

Taz wrote:I think 4 or 5 will do. But then perhaps I'm more easily satisfied than you. :)

I like variety. And seriously, I don't like to have all weapons replaced with one-hit overkills. But, what's worth pointing out, they got some really nice melee weapons there, I always replace Redeemer with Katana.

OK, let's not go off-topic here.

User avatar Taz

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 10:30

Another fave weapon of mine from U4E is the stink bomb. I've placed plenty of those in my maps. Can never have enough of the hilarious behavior of the bots when they run into the green clouds of gas created. :D

Okay, back on topic: any magic-based weapons in your mod, Ferali? :)

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 10:33

Taz wrote:I've always felt that Nali weapons should be magic-based, at least a couple of them. Any in this mod? :)

I've also always felt that the gravity vortex is just way too powerful as a weapon, BTW. (One of my all-time favorite weapons is the shrinker from U4E. Just love shrinking my enemies and seeing them run around like mice. :D)

About Nali weapons, these are for my SP campaign, and when I release the campaign, you will realize why they are not magic, and you will know the real truth about Nalis (humans met them only in Na Pali hundreds of years after a great Nali tragedy in Na Likopo, Nalis only moved to Na Pali and called that planet their home due to... [spoiler] - (I won't tell more now :P)).

As you might realized, my SP story will be very different from all your heard about, you will see that Nalis kicked somes asses some hundreds years ago.

About the Gravity Vortex, considering that you must have 100 ammo to launch just one, and that you can disable it in the mutator for balancing, well, what else I can say? :lol:

About magical weapons, I am doing 3 for a RX CTF map named "Dark VS Light":
- Soul Taker (dark)
- Punisher (blue team version of Soul Taker- light)
- The Sacred Book (with some spells that from a summon of a little cow to complete disgrace of the other team)

User avatar Taz

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 10:40

Since I don't recall having ever seen any ancient remains of Nali spaceships in Unreal/RNP, presumably the Nali would have to have used very special means of interstellar travel. Maybe they didn't use spaceships at all but flew around in space sitting cross-legged in transparent bubbles like the 'new seeds' in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. :)

Will be looking forward to trying those magic weapons!

User avatar Feralidragon
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 11:08

Taz wrote:Since I don't recall having ever seen any ancient remains of Nali spaceships in Unreal/RNP, presumably the Nali would have to have used very special means of interstellar travel. Maybe they didn't use spaceships at all but flew around in space sitting cross-legged in transparent bubbles like the 'new seeds' in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. :)

Will be looking forward to trying those magic weapons!

If I would say that those spaceships were been hidden by Nalis in places that you never ever visited? Since they wanted only a simple and peacefull life after what happened in Na Likopo (enough! no more spoilers now :P).

Next