Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008, 09:03

Great job on this! It really is a blast to play with the Jurassic monsters. I have a problem with the Napali add-on, however. I can't spawn any of the monsters, because of the following errors:

ScriptLog: Fabricate Napali.spinner
Warning: Failed to load 'fspawn': Can't find file for package 'fspawn'
Warning: Failed to load 'napali': Can't find file for package 'fspawn'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class napali.spinner': Can't find file for package 'fspawn'

Any idea why it says this?

Edit: I solved the issue by downloading those individual Spinner and Predator files on your site. Hey, I have a request for you. Could you make an "accumulation" mode, where the monsters don't re-spawn, but instead add up? What I mean is, rather than having a set amount of monsters on the map at once (like 20 of them), there could be a monster limit like 100, and the monsters continuously appear in the map and add up until they reach that limit. The point of this is to force the players to start fighting off the monsters more and more (and with the right balance in the .ini file, the players should be able to fight the monsters off before they ever reach the limit). In addition, this will also get rid of the sudden burst of lag at the start, when 20 monsters are spawned at once. You know, you could have a few monsters spawn every 20-40 seconds. Just a thought. :)
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008, 09:34

Lightning Hunter wrote:Hey, I have a request for you. Could you make an "accumulation" mode, where the monsters don't re-spawn, but instead add up?

Now that's what I'm talking about! :o :tup:

Subject:

Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008, 11:50

GTD-Carthage wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:Hey, I have a request for you. Could you make an "accumulation" mode, where the monsters don't re-spawn, but instead add up?

Now that's what I'm talking about! :o :tup:

Actually, isn't there a mod for a ut2kx that has a time limit you have to survive for against the monsters? That would be really sweet... For example, you have to survive for "x" amount of minutes while "x" amount of monsters attack you, and you have "x" amount of lives. I believe this game type is also for CorpseMania, and is called "Zombie Beat Down". In that ganetype, it's the players vs. the monsters. If one player survives, everyone wins.

I think if MonsterSpawn came with a Gametype like this (in addition to the mutator), it would be an even better mod!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008, 00:07

Lightning Hunter wrote:Actually, isn't there a mod for a ut2kx that has a time limit you have to survive for against the monsters?

You mean Fraghouse Invasion? Anyway UT2k4 has already Invasion which works in a similar way.
ImageImage

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008, 00:14

UBerserker wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:Actually, isn't there a mod for a ut2kx that has a time limit you have to survive for against the monsters?

You mean Fraghouse Invasion? Anyway UT2k4 has already Invasion which works in a similar way.

Not sure... I just remember it being a mod with the Unreal 1 monsters. They spawned out of Portals in great numbers, and you had to survive for a certain amount of time. I saw a friend playing it. I've never actually played UT2k4, and UT2003 is collecting dust in my CD shelf. :P

asgard12000
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008, 11:17

UBerserker wrote:
{WINGS}Zombiehunter wrote:So the monsters are attacking bots and vice-versa? thats awesome. good work Asgård!

It has been always like this. The monsters of the mod are just subclasses of the original ones.

Oh and, Asgard is still modding! D:

Yeah still modding for now (kind of).. Like I said im finalizing each of my mods :)

I kinda cant wait for some of the bigger projects ive helped with to be released.. Mind you I hear firestorm is only just around the corner.

As far as I can tell monsterspawn is nice and stable so i'll soon move on to the next one..

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008, 11:32

asgard12000 wrote:
As far as I can tell monsterspawn is nice and stable so i'll soon move on to the next one..

Aw... So no accumulation mode?

asgard12000

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008, 11:36

Lightning Hunter wrote:Great job on this! It really is a blast to play with the Jurassic monsters. I have a problem with the Napali add-on, however. I can't spawn any of the monsters, because of the following errors:

Warning: Failed to load 'Class napali.spinner': Can't find file for package 'fspawn'

Edit: I solved the issue by downloading those individual Spinner and Predator files on your site. Hey, I have a request for you. Could you make an "accumulation" mode, where the monsters don't re-spawn, but instead add up? What I mean is, rather than having a set amount of monsters on the map at once (like 20 of them), there could be a monster limit like 100, and the monsters continuously appear in the map and add up until they reach that limit. The point of this is to force the players to start fighting off the monsters more and more (and with the right balance in the .ini file, the players should be able to fight the monsters off before they ever reach the limit). In addition, this will also get rid of the sudden burst of lag at the start, when 20 monsters are spawned at once. You know, you could have a few monsters spawn every 20-40 seconds. Just a thought. :)

Ok looks like a compile error, I'll recompile it and try to have it on my site by this weekend.

The individual packs are fine eg spinner.. and have the same content but theres been a lot of people who have released mods under these names, so makes for bad mismatches, hence the napali pack is ver stamped to avoid it

With the suggestions its appreciated but for now I wont be doing any more with it, cool idea. But..
Monsterspawns whole purpose was to add modded monsters without needing a mapper to do it. The rest sort of just filled the gaps, id been working on pawn fixes both for myself and in the end the 227 patch. So it just made sense to fix the existing pawns as I alreay had a mutator on the go.

Theres now quite a few different monster spawners available. However I like to think mine is slightly different in that in the above ther monsters are more stable, less crashes, monsters attack bots, a scoring feature for UT, plus with some game tweaks eg extra health extra difficulties and you can in theory add 1200 different monsters to the game, plus its suits pretty much any game you'd like to add them to both for Unreal 1 and UT99.

In any case it does a lot more than I'd originally planned, so Im happy with the final result. If I was still modding I'd probablly add what you mentioned as a feature but my modding days are pretty much over now.

I'll probablly update jurassic next and who knows I may even redo Akcoop

Cheers

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008, 14:54

Waffnuffly wrote:Were you using Unreal monsters and not Monsterspawn monsters? If that was the case, that's why the monsters never attacked you. You should use the MS versions instead; they will attack bots.

I used the Default ones

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008, 15:05

{WINGS}Zombiehunter wrote:
Waffnuffly wrote:Were you using Unreal monsters and not Monsterspawn monsters? If that was the case, that's why the monsters never attacked you. You should use the MS versions instead; they will attack bots.

I used the Default ones

Players are handicapped themselves in this way, as monsters only attack you. Not to mention the bots.
ImageImage

asgard12000

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2008, 06:28

Lightning Hunter wrote:I have a problem with the Napali add-on, however. I can't spawn any of the monsters, because of the following errors:

Ok Ive uploeaded the new NaPali103.rar fix.. Now available..

Cheers

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2008, 09:54

Where?, your site? i have no idea about the url.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Jul 2008, 09:56

{WINGS}Zombiehunter wrote:Where?, your site? i have no idea about the url.

Check the first post of the thread.
ImageImage

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 01:32

Hey Asgard, are you still working on this mod or interested in adding any features? I've gotten some requests from me and others who have been using it for EXU Multiplayer games, just simple things we wish it would do but it can't quite manage in its current form.

Wishlist:
- Ability to select monsters from all lists (or NumLists) every spawn, rather than one list per wave (if possible, this would be great - you could add all the enemies you'd ever want to one huge list, even if it was spread over five or six 60-item lists)
- Ability to set interval lower than 1 minute per spawn wave (30 seconds or so?) - see below
- Ability to stagger spawn waves so they don't all appear at once, but begin warping in when a wave begins and continue to appear over a configurable duration (would be great for performance; no huge front-loaded lag spike from a billion pawns appearing at once).
- Option to NOT warp out living pawns when a new wave is set to begin (some pawns have very high HP and are fun to have stick around and keep fighting for as long as possible)

I could see arrangements like setting MS to sample all lists, spawn a relatively small number of enemies per wave, spawn new waves every few seconds, and keep living pawns with each new wave. That way, every 5-10 seconds you get 5-10 more enemies dumped in somewhere.

If you're not interested in continuing development, which I would certainly understand (old code for old engine and all), would you be willing to let me have a crack at some of this stuff for a new version or an EXU-specific edition with as many features as I can figure out how to add? Would be a great bonus!

This is still by far the best UT MP mutator I have for all the comedy potential it allows.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 06:27

Waff.

I think this will do a number of those things:
http://ecoop.ucoz.com/load/loathsomes_3 ... 0/1-1-0-46

I also recommend this for anybody adding monsters to default UT gametypes:
http://ecoop.ucoz.com/load/utspfix/1-1-0-42
Mooo !

Previous Next