Scout-kun is a lie... right?

== Version 7.2 [3-10-2018] Discussion ==

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: == Version 7.3? [6-66-6666] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020, 15:12

This may rather be an odd suggestion
but I'm really on decreasing the alt shitgun's blast momentum
1. it sends everything literally to shit but you can exploit/break things so easily (see https://youtu.be/btcwazXJ_20 https://youtu.be/-AGesQl8t68 https://youtu.be/QlulUAp4_9A)
2. making its blast radius like or more than RFPC ball would offer ultra fun epic trick shots like shooting guys getting mid-air after a shit blast with the EnergyAR.. i think it's because more of this i want the change :lol:
I grant you the ultimate power!

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: == Version 7.2 [3-10-2018] Discussion ==

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020, 14:06

I dunno, those videos all look like strong evidence for keeping the shit canisters exactly as they are :lol:

Thing is, even with a weakened blast radius on the canister, you can still translocate basically anywhere in the map for a large open level like that, which I knew would be a thing when I decided to include it. I knew it would be impossible to totally prevent sequence breaks, but I don't think it's really a problem per se -- pretty much any classic FPS has ways you can sequence break when you find a clever workaround.

I never thought of using the shit canisters to directly launch the xloc disc myself, so I have to hand it to you for that! My method is a lot slower, i.e. just firing the disc and teleporting to it over and over until I reached the goal. But launching the disc itself is way faster and more effective, as you discovered!

I *could* make it so doing that damages the disc and kills you if you try to teleport to it after, but where's the fun in that?

Also, a lot of later maps will be just as open if not moreso, but require completing multiple objectives to finish, so you couldn't easily just sequence-break them like that. If anything, you'd want to disc-launch to make getting to the objective locations easier, but you'd still probably spend about the same amount of time fighting when you clear the defenders, nail the objective, and then kill the retaliation force that shows up (which is common).

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020, 06:38

I was wondering if Fuckers occasionally launching themselves skyward was intentional? Please keep it in either way cos even today I find it hysterical for some reason.
Pls play Unreal

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020, 17:34

Nope, but it happens to a variety of pawns. I think it's caused my attempt at making heavier-mass pawns bump lighter-mass pawns out of their way when moving past them, in an attempt to avoid traffic jams in patrol routes and stuff (so slow patrollers that hadn't been alerted by an enemy wouldn't get in the way of fast-moving enemies trying to catch up with their target). Instead, somehow the calculations I added result in sending pawns sky-high straight up, and no I have no intention of fixing it lmao

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020, 06:58

So the other day I played Damnation again and some clips from Black Dynamite played instead of the usual Serious Sam Vs SS2 Hybrids. How rare is that anyway?
Pls play Unreal

Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020, 18:02

5% chance, apparently

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020, 04:42

Of all the lines you could've chosen for that Easter Egg, I was really hoping for "YOU JIVE MOTHERFUCKAAAAAAAAAA--"

Still, Awesome little secret. You should probably add some other chance-based shenanigans should the campaign ever go beyond Telefire.

I swear this is what I love about this mod; there's so much shit in it that I could discover new things about it even today.
Pls play Unreal

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020, 19:34

talking about rare things I've had to fight that clusternuke fucker at Infernal Falls more than once.. Rofl that's why i always come from top of the Vortex Rikers because i have better cover, it helps, if you're lucky to spot him first lol
I grant you the ultimate power!

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020, 00:26

Wow, I forgot I even put that there. Hard and Unreal, 10% chance, and I've not run into it for... man, I dunno how long. Ahh, OddsOfAppearing, what a treat.

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020, 04:03

Probably too late to comment on this but after playing Serious Sam, I feel like Uberserker was onto something with the Reptiloid-like enemies, but last time I checked, destructible projectiles are a bit wonky in the Unreal engine, at least from my experience. I'm also not sure if enemies are able to see THAT far away unless scripted like the Heavy Assault Brutes in CorruptedCorpse.
Kinda curious as to how a Ugh-Zan scale enemy would work too...
Pls play Unreal

Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020, 20:37

Destructible projectiles are wonky when they have a health value, I've noticed. They're a lot more reliable when they are destroyed simply by making contact with any other projectile.

Archdemon meteors for example: the skulls they spawn can be destroyed by anything, but the meteors themselves have to take enough damage to be destroyed, which is like 2 EnergyAR bolts at least. And hitting one of those out of the air is hard, especially if it's not aimed directly at you. But making it so you could destroy them with ANY damage would make it too easy to wipe them out with Piddledoper spray.

I don't think I'll be making more projectiles with health values >1 in the future, but I do like being able to shoot stuff down when it makes sense (missiles and such especially).

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020, 03:26

I just wanted to check that everyone is okay during these tough times. Take it easy!
Pls play Unreal

Previous