UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[u1][ut] Unreal PSX / Rise of JRath

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

yrex
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: [u1][ut] Unreal PSX / Rise of JRath

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019, 02:11

Diego96 wrote:In Oldskool I'm getting this:
Failed launching URL
Can't find BoolProperty in file "BoolProperty Engine.Weapon.bTossedOut"

Make sure you're using correct .u files (some have separate versions for UT).

Also, which map?
e-mail: ampoyrex at wp dot pl

yrex

Subject: UPSX E1L8 (Skaarj Fortress) released.

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019, 20:17

E1L8 (Skaarj Fortress) released.

Platform: 225, UT (227 recommended)

Should work online.

Screenshots:
Image Image
Image Image

Download (Mirror)
Patch
Last edited by yrex on 07 Mar 2019, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019, 15:53

Just finished a playthrough of all the levels (latest versions including Skaarj Fortress) in 227 largely bug free and with lots of fun. The Skaarj Fortress levels are a welcome addition. It was very interesting seeing a fleshed out Unreal 95 environment. I think every Unreal 95 tech demo area got used at some point by now and I also noticed that area Leo did for that contest in there too. All these callbacks certainly lend a very surreal feeling to the pack.

Considering that everything so far has been "Episode 1" I can't wait to see what "Episode 2" brings.

I did find at least one issue here on map UPB-E1L8C. Part of this room appears to suffer from a BSP hole. The Krall seen in the pic died almost as soon as he moved from its spot. I later walked over that spot and jumped only to die instantly.
StalwartUK

yrex

Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019, 18:48

A patch.

E1L8C: Fixed a bug causing instant death in a certain place.

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019, 21:10

This shall be the final patch before full release. Lots of tweaks and critical fixes for 225/ut. Recommended
LINKER PATCH:
https://www.newbiesplayground.net/download/mods/Leo_TCK/newstuff/LinkerPatch.rar
Also 227 Emitter effects for e1l8a by yrex. This was forgotten with the main e1l8 release.

I apologize for the inconvenience with so many patches before and that I wasn't able to properly test everything due to my personal situation.

This should make up for it now. Enjoy and full release is very soon with extra dm maps for both ut and unreal!

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019, 13:21

why is this starting as a DM map? it says press fire to start!. these levels aren't listed in the UT open new menu, I had to browse the maps folder and select "open with UT"..

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019, 13:23

why is this starting as a DM map? it says press fire to start!. these levels aren't listed in the UT open new menu, I had to browse the maps folder and select "open with UT"..

Ironword

Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019, 10:22

I've been holding off getting Rise of Jrath until the whole final release, but now that UnrealSP is about to be shut down I guess I'd better download everything before it all vanishes. The problem is that there are all these patches and extra level releases. I assume all the extra level releases are for Ep1 part 1, not the new lite part 2, right? It's all rather confusing. Do I need to download all the different patches, or just the latest "Linker Patch" referred to in post viewtopic.php?p=76569#p76599 above?

A "download guide" for total Rise-of-Jrath noobs would be really helpful, telling me exactly which downloads I need and which I don't--unless the full final version of both Pt1 and 2 are going to be released before the site goes down, in which case, of course, I can wait. But that'll have to be quick, obviously, given the site's upcoming (and highly lamented) demise.

yrex

Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019, 14:03

I don't think there will ever be a final release considering that I haven't heard from Leo in months, and also lost motivation myself long ago. In fact, many times I worked on this just because I felt obligated to finish it instead of purely for fun.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-psx-r ... /downloads

The most reliable way is to just download everything from oldest to newest, overwriting stuff when necessary. You can probably skip "Unreal PSX E1L8 Patch" (E1L8C_fix.zip) and "Unreal PSX Ep. 1 Part 2 LITE Patch 2" (E1P2LITE_fix2.zip) because they're redundant.

Start playing from episode0intro.unr, then if you reach the flyby instead of a playable map, open UPB-E1L1A.unr and keep playing till the end (UPB-E1L8D.unr).

Ironword

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019, 12:52

yrex wrote:The most reliable way is to just download everything from oldest to newest, overwriting stuff when necessary. You can probably skip "Unreal PSX E1L8 Patch" (E1L8C_fix.zip) and "Unreal PSX Ep. 1 Part 2 LITE Patch 2" (E1P2LITE_fix2.zip) because they're redundant.
Thanks a ton for the "guide". OK, so after first getting the main pak, here are the files I downloaded, to be overwritten into the installation in the following order:

1. UPSXpackf
2. UPSXQuadNEW
3. UPSXQuadMutator
4. UPSXDragon
5. UnrealPSX_Episode0
6. UnrealPSX_E1P2_LITE
7. E1P2LITE_fix
8. E1P2LITE_fix3
9. UnrealPSX_E1L8
10. LinkerPatch

Have I missed anything?

yrex

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019, 22:50

Don't ask me - my memory is pretty bad. Just check whether the maps load.

If it still asks for some files, they could be perhaps here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iEktLy ... mXH58/view

Ironword

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019, 09:35

Hey yrex, sorry for acknowledging your help so late. RL & all that. Anyway, looks like it's all good. I had a bit of a hiccup with loading about half the maps in ep. 1 pt. 2, but reinstalled all the files and ta-da, then they opened.

Time to frag some skaarj! But I should note the same anomaly reported by radios just a few posts up: the pt 2 maps are opening as DM (I'm doing this in UT99 as my Unreal227i is having terrible graphics problems and I can't figure out why, but UT is doing fine). I hope this DM "10 frags to win" annoyance won't still be there when I actually get to them in campaign--hopefully pt 1 will just load the first map of pt 2 and it'll do so in SP mode...

Just one thing: in viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2385&start=45#p76508 above, Delacroix says, "Don't approach this without a guide". I do tend to get very frustrated by the kinds of difficulties he describes, so I definitely need the guide. Where can I find it?

yrex

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019, 17:36

From my memory: Open the Oldskool map selector, hit "Refresh" (or whatever it was called), then choose a map.

Well, Minos and E1L5-mine are secret levels, and they are indeed quite weird. You can skip them completely. Although I think it was just him having the difficulties.

Still, IMO there's nothing wrong with using god mode occasionally.

Ironword

Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019, 21:18

yrex wrote:I think it was just him having the difficulties.
Ah. Well then. Tally-ho!

yrex

Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019, 17:09

Leo says:
Please post in the upsx thread(s) that I am in a pretty bad shape in general but that I am alive and some very traumatic events happened, that perhaps I don't want to talk about them in the public yet, that I planned to release E1P2 Full with the DM levels right on Easter but something terrible happened.
And that I might be in hospital in near future.

Previous Next