ividyon will never get this done, will he.

G59 -RevolveR- X [OBSOLETE]

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: G59 -RevolveR- X

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016, 12:52

I tried out D3D10, but while it did have an option to uncap the draw distance, its customization options were very limited for my liking.

I don't wanna sound like a whiner for not being able to have things work on my end, but Im too familiar with D3D9. Wether you patch it or not is up to you. But overall, I too cannot fathom how marvelous this campaign was.

On another note... does G59 mean anything? The name that is. Second of all, I was thinking of making a small Machinima of the Hell Survivor and some of the Demon races doing a retrospective of the whole thing. Just for laughs and kinda like a talk show. Whats the name of the Texture you used for Morax? I need it for reference in my short. Of course, I tend to be lazy, so don't get your hopes up. I'll probably work on it periodically.
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016, 12:56

UTNerd24 wrote:On another note... does G59 mean anything? The name that is. Second of all, I was thinking of making a small Machinima of the Hell Survivor and some of the Demon races doing a retrospective of the whole thing. Just for laughs and kinda like a talk show. Whats the name of the Texture you used for Morax? I need it for reference in my short. Of course, I tend to be lazy, so don't get your hopes up. I'll probably work on it periodically.

G59 is read in Japanese as Jigoku (G=JI, 5=GO, 9=KU) which means Hell.
Morax in each version uses XFX.testmore and Jigoku.galgalimflare3 respectively as skins. Just check the the pawns' display settings in the editor.

@Sat hope you can try it out soon.
Also hoping the new ver ends up on coop asap, though I hope most ppl have the newest rendering devices in use for the last map (which isn't very coop-friendly to begin with anyway)

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016, 13:13

Thanks for the Info! Seems as if the idea might be a bust though since im using RTMS and can only apply the skin as a solid texture. And unfortunatley UnrealED is out of the question too.
Don't worry though, I'll eventually find some sort of way around it...
Pls play Unreal

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: G59 -RevolveR- X <Full Campaign Out>

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016, 16:27

Congratulations on the final release! I, too, will be looking forward to playing the new stuff, the screenshots so far looked delicious.
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016, 18:44

UBerserker wrote:Also hoping the new ver ends up on coop asap, though I hope most ppl have the newest rendering devices in use for the last map (which isn't very coop-friendly to begin with anyway)

Got it updated on my EXU server now. Only about 1/2 way thru the second map, but so
far things seem to be working well.

Still have mutators adding a few extra things, but throttled that back a bit and temporarily
removed LargeMarge and a few other overpowered weapons so we can try things out
for a while the way you intended it to be. (Mostly........ :shake: :rolleyes: )

Will report back after I get thru it all, which may take a while...... \o/ 8)
Mooo !

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016, 02:36

Just my honest opinion, but I thought Neural Grid would have been better for the final fight.
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016, 10:53

UTNerd24 wrote:Just my honest opinion, but I thought Neural Grid would have been better for the final fight.

It originally was lol
Then I found BTS to be extremely impactful and went with that

Anyone else has played throughout the campaign yet

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016, 12:19

Well I have. Of course I had to go with the Power Fantasy options and get myself some regenerating ammo and health.

But even though, I've played it all and still adore the ending, even If its a little confusing.
As Much as I hate to say it, the final boss was a bit.... Tame. I sorta expected something along the lines of superspeed, bouncing/homing projectiles and teleportation. Sure, he had other creatures to help him out, but its still rather surprising to me that he wasn't 10 times more aggressive.
But Im not gonna let one small upset ruin the entire experience for me. G59 as a whole is a Journey that I definatley see myself embarking on time and time again. Not only is it the perfect appetizer for the next EXU2 version, but It is so remarkably detailed and just shows that even in its first iteration, The Unreal Engine was and still is an incredible gaming engine. The soundtrack was legendary as well. I just... I honestly don't know how else to describe it. You'll definatley be respected as a key contributor to the Unreal community in the coming years.

► Show Spoiler
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016, 13:40

Yeha I'm not happy much either about the last fight. The buildup to it and when you enter his area has definitely the impact but at the end it's just tonatiuh v2.0. If I was able to code new attack stuff for the pawn I would have made it a 1v1 battle but the pawn code is one of the most annoying of the game to deal with (I know though that Waff is working on making the Skaarj pawn better in the next EXU version).

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016, 01:00

In one of the posts in this thread I promised a "commentary" of the G59 maps. It was supposed to be released alongside the full campaign but I only got around to it now. It will be released in a few days :)

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016, 03:09

So how will the commentary work? Will it be like TF2's commentary where you trigger nodes to hear speeches?
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016, 11:36

UTNerd24 wrote:So how will the commentary work? Will it be like TF2's commentary where you trigger nodes to hear speeches?

It's just a text commentary.

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016, 00:02

UBerserker wrote:In one of the posts in this thread I promised a "commentary" of the G59 maps. It was supposed to be released alongside the full campaign but I only got around to it now. It will be released in a few days :)

Still can't play due to my IRL situation, so this will make for some good reading in the meantime :tup: of course I know to avoid spoilers ;)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2016, 16:03

Also added on the thread's main post (at the bottom)

The Commentary

- CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD THE COMMENTARY -

Finally, a bit of history regarding the production of G59's campaign. The document explains the background of all campaign's maps; includes minor explanations on some trivia and mentions on cut content.

Story spoilers are of course in, you are warned.

User avatar UTNerd24

Post Posted: 27 Nov 2016, 05:17

That was a great read, and it just goes to show the purest of dedication that went into this fateful attempt at FPS Nirvana. Yep. I said it.

Anyway, due to the creation of a Skaarj Warrior playermodel, I was thinking of making a Loque-tier bot for Deathmatch based on Morax. But what would be a more appropriate name for him in this weaker, tournament-worthy form? My best guess was Morax-Mortus.
Pls play Unreal

Previous Next