Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Gengo2.utx

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Gengo2.utx

Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007, 13:37

I've downloaded some U1-ported-to-UT map that used the texture file named Gengo2.utx. All I can say is that the package contains a really small amount of really good-looking high-tech textures.

I've traced the creator to this website: (subtle - all I did was type Gengo textures in Google :P )
http://gengocreations.com/index.php

I was wondering if he was offering the entire package of his textures? Unless he's the paid artist kinda guy.

XYZ8000
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007, 13:55

He's working for Crytek - read the About section of his website.

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007, 14:04

HOLY FEK. Fine, I change my mind. :x I'm still using that package I found tho. :D

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007, 15:53

looks nice.. there are some UT shots on that site... with his textuers.
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

XYZ8000

Subject:

Post Posted: 19 Nov 2007, 17:21

Yes, he helped some Italian mappers with texturing. The pack GTD's probably referring to is the one found together with DM-PolarisPro

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2007, 02:58

Hmmm... would asking him through e-mail give positive results? What would you guys think?

User avatar Derdak2rot

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2007, 04:56

XYZ8000 wrote:Yes, he helped some Italian mappers with texturing. The pack GTD's probably referring to is the one found together with DM-PolarisPro

is that one davidm said it sucked :P ( not because of textures :P )

GTD-Carthage wrote:Hmmm... would asking him through e-mail give positive results? What would you guys think?

dunno , if you re really using the texs from polarispro , then no need to do so , they must be free for use , with credits mentionned . but if its from his current work on his site , then better ask him ;)

if you interested in some techy textures , check one of favorites :
i used them in my latest DM for FoT4 ;)

http://www.philipk.net/

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2007, 07:00

Well, according to the guy's website, the Gengo2.utx was only a preview pack of what he's made. So that means there's more gold in the chest! I was thinking maybe I could obtain the rest of what he could offer for Unreal.

Derdak2rot wrote:http://www.philipk.net/

:0

That's awesome! But how did ye convert those? Dun tell me you used the preview images he made. :P Wow, he used 3dsMax to make those tex's - am I fooling myself that Adobe Photoshop could make anything like it? :\

XYZ8000 wrote:Yes, he helped some Italian mappers with texturing.

DANG! Am I the only Asian mapper around here? In fact, I could probably prove I'm the only mapper from South-East Asia in any part of the community. (It's an awesome title to shoulder. :tup:) Other than the Japs (who make for MH only - with a LOT of misalignments), I might be the only mapper in this corner of the world.

wael
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2007, 15:28

GTD-Carthage wrote:DANG! Am I the only Asian mapper around here? In fact, I could probably prove I'm the only mapper from South-East Asia in any part of the community. (It's an awesome title to shoulder. :tup:) Other than the Japs (who make for MH only - with a LOT of misalignments), I might be the only mapper in this corner of the world.

Rofl, i feel the same, so far it seems i'm the only arab guy in the UT community.

User avatar Derdak2rot

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Nov 2007, 16:41

GTD-Carthage wrote:That's awesome! But how did ye convert those? Dun tell me you used the preview images he made. :P Wow, he used 3dsMax to make those tex's - am I fooling myself that Adobe Photoshop could make anything like it? :\

take the quake4 version , the texs are in .tga format , then use a program like photoshop to convert them as pcx indexed ( some other programs like acdsee convert all of them in one manipulation )

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Dec 2007, 22:00

GTD-Carthage wrote:Well, according to the guy's website, the Gengo2.utx was only a preview pack of what he's made. So that means there's more gold in the chest! I was thinking maybe I could obtain the rest of what he could offer for Unreal.

Derdak2rot wrote:http://www.philipk.net/

:0

That's awesome! But how did ye convert those? Dun tell me you used the preview images he made. :P Wow, he used 3dsMax to make those tex's - am I fooling myself that Adobe Photoshop could make anything like it? :\

XYZ8000 wrote:Yes, he helped some Italian mappers with texturing.

DANG! Am I the only Asian mapper around here? In fact, I could probably prove I'm the only mapper from South-East Asia in any part of the community. (It's an awesome title to shoulder. :tup:) Other than the Japs (who make for MH only - with a LOT of misalignments), I might be the only mapper in this corner of the world.

LOL- i attempt to map and my step father is from the Phillipines like you are.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Dec 2007, 22:23

TheIronKnuckle wrote:LOL- i attempt to map and my step father is from the Phillipines like you are.

Watch out.. GTD-Carthage might be your step father! :P
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Forgot this thread - World people re-unite. Oh oh...

Post Posted: 03 Dec 2007, 22:29

hi guyz i am a Skaarj mapper, SkaarjEd user
ImageImage