ividyon will never get this done, will he.

UED Game Of Telephone 2015 (OPEN TO ALL)

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: UED Game Of Telephone 2015 (OPEN TO ALL)

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015, 11:02

Looking forward to playing UnrealGecko's section, today is D-Day! :D
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015, 20:48

Sorry to say, there is no section from me as my mouse broke down and I couldn't get a new one on time (living about 30 km away from a city.), I'll only buy one tuesday sooo...
Ividyon can start his section now with the current build available.
Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015, 21:06

UnrealGecko wrote:Sorry to say, there is no section from me as my mouse broke down and I couldn't get a new one on time (living about 30 km away from a city.), I'll only buy one tuesday sooo...
Ividyon can start his section now with the current build available.

Argh! Too bad :(
Oh well, no worries, you can still apply for a new turn if you wish, but it won't be during your Easter break anymore unfortunately!
ividyon, you have until Monday the 20th midnight for your section! (I'm not counting today as there's only 3 hours left!) Go for it!! :D
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015, 08:22

Welp! Let's see what I can cook up, and when. :)
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015, 11:51

I do wonder what it will be... the only thing I played which was made by you is Right 2 Live! :D (that might have been your only release so far, correct?)

EDIT: by the way, and I'm saying this based on previous rebuilds of the map and what UB said, I should say that if you use UED 2.0, rebuild geometry, lighting and pathing separately, because "build all" leads to some HOMs and such in some previous areas. If you use UED 2.1, then I believe "build all" functions as well as rebuilding each field separately.

User avatar ividyon

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015, 20:47

It doesn't look like anything is coming to fruition. I've fallen sick yesterday, and I haven't found the focus to work on anything for the map yet. :/

I'll keep it until the agreed-upon date, just in case, but I'm posting this to dampen any potential letdowns.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015, 20:53

Aw, well hey, take it easy, nooo stress for this, OK? :)
Remember that it doesn't have to be epic, you can always just build a single room and try to make it look decent, I think small but polished is better than large and empty.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015, 22:12

Did I kill this game?
lol
I think I might join a second time but I wonder if Prophet will show up again?
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015, 23:34

UBerserker wrote:Did I kill this game?
lol
I think I might join a second time but I wonder if Prophet will show up again?

You did set the bar higher than anyone :) but like I said since the beginning, people, this is not a competition! small or big, any contribution is cool :)

I'd definitely like to see you contribute again 8) as for Mister_Prophet, he once said something about his window being until May... which means he probably won't have the time now, but he will tell us if anything, plus this game could run right into the summer - which would be awesome as that would mean more content and... I might get to contribute again, too! (currently I'm way, way too busy until the end of June)

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015, 01:12

Is anyone actually on deck for this atm? If I read Sana's post right he's gonna hang onto it until after the week is up. But I can take another crack if there is an opening.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015, 08:50

Hey Mister_Prophet!
Sana/ividyon had warned he couldn't guarantee there'd be something by the end of his week, which was last night. Now it's makemeunreal's turn: from today to Tuesday the 28th of April midnight. If you can confirm that you can take over from April 29 to the 6th of May, then I'll get your name on the list in the OP accordingly :)

@makemeunreal: your turn man! you have until next Tuesday midnight ;)

User avatar ividyon

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015, 10:21

Yeah, sorry, between illness, work to get the new flat equipped and cleaned up, and general demotivation I found no place in my mind to fit my mapping contribution. Besides, I also discovered that there's no way to run UnrealEd natively on Linux, which was a bummer as well.

Here's good luck to the upcoming participants. Perhaps I'll sign up for another try later, but for now I'll withhold that :)

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015, 13:44

ividyon wrote:Yeah, sorry, between illness, work to get the new flat equipped and cleaned up, and general demotivation I found no place in my mind to fit my mapping contribution. Besides, I also discovered that there's no way to run UnrealEd natively on Linux, which was a bummer as well.

Here's good luck to the upcoming participants. Perhaps I'll sign up for another try later, but for now I'll withhold that :)

I understand :) but yes, if the right conditions come together, don't hesitate to apply again!

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2015, 17:07

I'd be keen to have another go, but my wife is due any day now and we had to replace the computer after a recent move. No time right now :/
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015, 02:03

Doublez-Down wrote:I'd be keen to have another go, but my wife is due any day now and we had to replace the computer after a recent move. No time right now :/

:o
Man, you're just about to live an amazing moment in your life!! of course there's no time for mapping right now :)
Since you're keen to have another go, just hop by when the time is right! :D

Previous Next