ividyon will never get this done, will he.

UED Game Of Telephone 2015 (OPEN TO ALL)

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: UED Game Of Telephone 2015 (OPEN TO ALL)

Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015, 22:01

UBerserker wrote:Yeah let me in.

Hurray! UBerserker is on board!! :D
Really curious to see what you'll come up with, man! 8)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015, 12:22

@makemeunreal:

I'm going out tonight, so if you upload your stuff in the thread after 7h30pm, don't worry if I don't react in the hour. I'll check back once I get home (that'll be sometime in the middle of the night).

Excited to see what you've got, though! :)
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015, 22:53

I've already informed you, that I'll upload my stuff a bit later. Tomorrow to be precise.
I apologize guys.I feel like a living dead right now.
Sorry guys. I won't let you down.

:rolleyes:
Last edited by makemeunreal on 01 Mar 2015, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2015, 23:03

Now I'm curious to see how Sat42 handles that rule 3... ;) Is it a serious enough circumstance to have "some weird sh*t right now"?
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015, 03:07

Hey,

I got makemeunreal's PM and a few more lines explaining why he has not yet uploaded his section.

Look, for the sake of this project's friendly atmosphere, I have decided to allow makemeunreal that one extra day. I don't want people to have drama over what is essentially a fun, non-compulsory activity.
He has to upload his work by Sunday evening, midnight at the latest.
And if it is a few minutes after midnight, I'll have to refuse his contribution this time round. Nothing personal of course, I like makemeunreal, but there are some rules I have to enforce at one point.
It's just a game. But players can really only enjoy it if they follow the rules.

makemeunreal, this is your last chance! I'm waiting...

User avatar UnrealGecko
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015, 05:45

Regarding rule #4, in ut99.org's collab project (DOM/DM-ut99org) they made these new actors that allowed them to take notes in them, so perhaps we could use these to mark each of the mapper's sections?
Deep cover GEcko!
My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack)

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015, 12:25

UnrealGecko wrote:Regarding rule #4, in ut99.org's collab project (DOM/DM-ut99org) they made these new actors that allowed them to take notes in them, so perhaps we could use these to mark each of the mapper's sections?

Well, I'm not aware of this new actor, but if you wish, you are certainly free to use this new actor to mark your section. Just don't forget to add the actor's file (I guess it's a .u) in the project's archive.
I wouldn't want to force anyone to use that actor, though, as there really are multiple ways for one to leave a signature and I like to see what people will come up with (while the sig has to clearly state your name, it doesn't have to be easily accessible when playing, you can make it so that it's only visible in the editor, for example, or depending on your ego, you could go ahead and make a full-blown temple to your name :P ).

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015, 21:39

Why not just use triggers to display a broadcast message when a player enters a new area? Do we need a new actor to do this? Also, mappers could also find a way to just "map" their name into the level.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015, 21:54

We used a well hid simple translator message.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015, 22:07

Mister_Prophet wrote:Why not just use triggers to display a broadcast message when a player enters a new area? Do we need a new actor to do this? Also, mappers could also find a way to just "map" their name into the level.

It is up to the individual mapper. You can display a broadcast message at the entrance to your area, you can "map" the name into the geometry, you can have a secret room with your name and picture of you and your dog, you can have a statue of yourself with a translator event, use a book for a translator event with your name in it, etc. It's up to you, as long as your name is there somewhere for posterity.

makemeunreal wrote:We used a well hid simple translator message.

Yes, that is how I did it and makemeunreal too apparently.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015, 23:30

Good news everybody!!
makemeunreal sent me his segment for the map :) (pretty cool stuff, too!)
I've updated the download link to the map in the opening post.

Doublez-Down, your turn now! :)
You have until Monday the 9th of March midnight to make your area and upload it here (or send it to me by PM, as makemeunreal did).
BTW I'm talking about midnight local time for you of course! ;)

EDIT: updated the readme to reflect makemeunreal's participation, hence I updated the archive again and the download link.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 06:49

Okay, I'm applying. :)

I really love the first room and hallway! Well-made stuff.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 11:19

ividyon wrote:I really love the first room and hallway! Well-made stuff.

Aww, you're the first one to say something about the map, and it's great to hear that! :)

IMPORTANTLY:

ividyon wrote:Okay, I'm applying. :)

Hell yeah!! Now we even have ividyon on board!! Teh 1337 admin of the site \o/
Your turn comes after UBerserker!

User avatar SteadZ

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 19:12

I must say, Makemeunreal, the quality of your mapping has really come on since you started - shows even in just this hall and room you made.

SMASHING work mate ;)

(speaking of people improving, I wonder what people would say if they saw the first map I built.... :oops:)
SZ

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015, 19:36

I didn't have the time (Well, I had but I was lazy like hell) to finish it. But, it's nice to see these feedbacks. :tup:

Previous Next