This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Gametype) [Forthcoming]

Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013, 20:16

Shivaxi wrote: maybe i should record that adventure...

If you do make sure to set it to some creepy music. :tup:

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013, 12:23

The one thing that's been bothering me since I found the AllAmmo command, has been fixed:
Includes Stinger fix where shooting straight up/down would make the projectiles line up.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013, 05:33

Could i get further explanation /screeny evidence of what the original problem was? The screenshot is intriguing but I don't understand exactly what's going on
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013, 10:52

Here's a video showing the old spread and the new spread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed0vX4BECGM
Basically, instahit weapons fire their bullets in a square like pattern, I changed it so it is more natural and tends to hit center more often than the edges.

Bleeder91<NL>

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013, 23:14

And apparently more games have this ugly spread...

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014, 20:47

Added support for AI to hear you around corners now. Every time you fire, it sends out a few tracers in every direction, which do MakeSound where they hit, alerting enemies to your position.

Added accuracy modifiers which are configurable. Base Accuracy, Crouching Accuracy, and Moving Accuracy.

Added SuperHealth and Nalifruit as pickupable items now.

Coming soon, new Inventory Menu, ability to use items from Inventory Menu, fix for duplicates bug, Ledge Grabbing, rifle scope, new survivor random spawn locations
Last edited by Shivaxi on 12 Mar 2014, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014, 20:55

Holy Hell Shiv, this is some beautiful stuff! I'm curious how systemic the stealth gameplay at this point in development is. I'm incredibly interested in playing this again sometime. Keep. This. Shit. Up.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014, 16:38

Jet v4.3.5 wrote:Holy Hell Shiv, this is some beautiful stuff! I'm curious how systemic the stealth gameplay at this point in development is. I'm incredibly interested in playing this again sometime. Keep. This. Shit. Up.

Thanks. I'm extremely close to running a public server finally. We just gotta get the new menu and interface working so that people can set the new keybinds and controls from the in game RLMenu. Otherwise players are gonna have no idea what to do when they join :P I can already hear it now..."OMG why can't I pickup anything arrrgghh!!" :P

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014, 16:42

I hope you'll release it as a standalone mod too. :tup:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014, 21:25

makemeunreal wrote:I hope you'll release it as a standalone mod too. :tup:

Release is too far away. Way too many bugs and problems right now, duplicates issue with the menu, crashing, script warnings, not to mention that in order for RLCoop to work right now, you have to configure your server very specifically. It'd be easier if RLCoop forced these settings for you instead of having to do them manually. Oh and yeah it doesn't work 100% in single player yet.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014, 00:18

CHANGES:

-Ledge Grabbing implemented! Double tap jump key while facing and against a wall to grab up onto a high ledge.
-New survivors now spawn in a random place on the map with 50 health. (soon will also spawn with random inventory as well)
-Fixed players falling out of world when standing on another players head and getting pushed into a wall. This fix also fixes all BSP errors that would normally kill a player. You can no longer die from broken BSP.

Unrelated, also fixed Destructible Lights making coronas disappear.

These changes have been updated to the public server.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014, 23:10

New Additions:

-Added a configurable inventory for new survivors where you can set what inventory they spawn with and the chance of spawning with that item
-Added option bNewPlayersSpawnRandomly, in order to spawn new players to the server in a random location. If false, new players spawn at normal starting spot, and only people who have died and become a new survivor will spawn in a random location with random inventory.
-Added option and maplist to list which maps force single player starts, for fixing maps like Extreme Dark, Outpost 3J, and some custom maps, etc.
-Added new first person spectating camera with split screen support for viewing multiple players at once.
-Added option for spectators to use 3rd person or 1st person camera modes.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Project Thread]

Post Posted: 30 Mar 2014, 17:07

Changed:

-Flashlight charge is now OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND! (aka, flashlight's will last for 30 minutes in real time now)
-Flashlight/Searchlight will flicker as they run out of battery power.

Fixed:

-Flashlight and Searchlight were not doing makesound anymore to alert enemies. This is now fixed and is also based on the flashlights/searchlights range.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Project Thread]

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014, 03:50

@flashlight battery: fucking yes!!!! that's what we need
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014, 14:34

TheIronKnuckle wrote:@flashlight battery: fucking yes!!!! that's what we need

Haha, yeah...it always annoyed me how the flashlight only lasts for like a minute :P

Previous Next