This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[UDK] Routine

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: [UDK] Routine

Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013, 13:10

An incoming gem shining in the middle of the overhyped horror mess (outlast/amnesia)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAcAd1fUiy8

Made with UDK.
I look forward to this.

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [UDK] Routine

Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013, 13:36

There seems to be a whole manner of horror games coming out in the next year or so, I am looking forward to Amnesia, and Outlast already made me scream like a little bitch a few times.
Best part is seeing my gf's reactions to me playing horror games. She watched the trailer for this game through her fingers :lol:

Outlast is also a udk-powered game :D

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013, 14:40

I took some carefully-timed stills and took down some of the notable text in that trailer (the note on the notice board, specifically), but left it all on my computer at home, so I don't have access to it. If you get the video to freeze on one frame while the CAT is firing, you get a rather clear and terrifying view of the droid through its targeting screen. I also got some blurry shots of the "thing" that attacks from the sewers. Looks like some sort of giant maggot worm thing. Otherwise, this is one of the top games I'm anticipating the release of. Good to see it on here; hopefully it will look as appealing to others as it does to us.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2013, 16:48

Well if it's modern looking, don't have zombies and 3rd person view, it should be good, it looks pretty modern to me.
Just ban everyone

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013, 00:47

redeye wrote:Well if it's modern looking, don't have zombies and 3rd person view, it should be good, it looks pretty modern to me.

What're you trying to say there..? :P

I like how the camera on that weapon has a low FPS. Definitely worth checking out, I'm always in for horror games like Amnesia. No BGM makes it more real too.

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013, 08:31

Love those display panels. Any UDK nerds know how they work, from a technical standpoint? I mean shader integration, coding the UI and mapping it onto a texture, etc.
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.