Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[u1] Welcome To Rising City!

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar RatapoM
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Re: [u1] Welcome To Rising City!

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 04:12

redacted because that wasn't okay to do, I was very angry at that time and I didn't react well
Last edited by RatapoM on 31 Oct 2013, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 08:02

Badmouthing against Bleeder, I see.

Unfortunately you have come to a place where Rising was known way before you joined the project and started adding contributions to the map and the chatlogs posted don't prove your point, if anything, they prove that you don't have the idea how to work on a multi-author map. Yes. Multi-author. Unlike you claim, you don't "own" anything here, it was a common venture and, to boot, mostly Bleeder's original idea (all others, including yourself, joined later) and if anyone would be called as "owner" (which won't happen since it's a multi-author map now), it would be the project founder. You're not the project founder.

And yet, you removed an entire map, most associated music files, basically trying to reset progress of the project to zero. Not a good move.

If you reuse the map in your project, go ahead - we can't stop you. Doesn't change a thing about the morality of such a move though. I believe it is quite obvious.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 13:22

Looking at those chat logs, all they really show is that you can't work with other people. :shake:

When you work as a team, you have to expect someone to critique or make changes to your work because ultimately the project leader should have the final say-so.

User avatar RatapoM

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 18:30

Delacroix wrote:Unfortunately you have come to a place where Rising was known way before you joined the project...
This is just plain wrong, it all started when Bleeder was making a radar for Unreallity which was a camera attached to the top of the player. He wanted some feedback for it and he did let me try the radar. I've suggested him to try making a gametype with a top view perspective just for fun based off his radar script. If you take a look at the first video of Rising, I was there, the project started in May last year and announced in June, I was mentioned as a mapper in the first version of the OP. Please, tell me how you think it all started, I really want to hear this.
Delacroix wrote:...and started adding contributions to the map and the chatlogs posted don't prove your point, if anything, they prove that you don't have the idea how to work on a multi-author map. Yes. Multi-author.
It was just me and Bleeder, me making the map and Bleeder doing the scripts. I never had problems until Bleeder let SteadZ join the project and went against my vision of the map, I never asked for his help.
Delacroix wrote:Unlike you claim, you don't "own" anything here, it was a common venture and, to boot, mostly Bleeder's original idea (all others, including yourself, joined later) and if anyone would be called as "owner" (which won't happen since it's a multi-author map now), it would be the project founder. You're not the project founder.
Mostly Bleeder's idea? Prove it. I've suggested him all the core elements the gametype. And again, I was there since the very beginning.
Delacroix wrote:And yet, you removed an entire map, most associated music files, basically trying to reset progress of the project to zero. Not a good move.

If you reuse the map in your project, go ahead - we can't stop you. Doesn't change a thing about the morality of such a move though. I believe it is quite obvious.
I just removed things that I've contributed, making a special map for them with their content, I felt like this was fair.

I guess since I am not very known in this community and my post count isn't very high here, I won't be taken seriously and people will take Bleeder's and SteadZ's side. I should have expected this.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 19:01

It doesn't really have to do with anyone taking anyone's side, it's just that you have acted immaturely by doing two things: 1) appropriating a map you've created *for a project* (which you agreed to contribute to and participate in) for yourself and trying to remove it from the project by force and 2) telling everyone on some unrelated forums the full story including chatlogs, though in your case it kinda backfired because most seem to disagree with your ideas. Not only have you sabotaged a project's progress by drawing your work from it, instead of just leaving it there at its current state and ALSO continuing it for your own project (which would've been the wiser choice), you have also brought all this silly drama to the public even though noone really asked. Meh.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 19:12

ividyon: (USER WAS LOOKED AT WITH STERN DISAPPROVAL FOR THIS POST)

User avatar RatapoM

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 19:45

ividyon wrote:It doesn't really have to do with anyone taking anyone's side, it's just that you have acted immaturely by doing two things: 1) appropriating a map you've created *for a project* (which you agreed to contribute to and participate in) for yourself and trying to remove it from the project by force and 2) telling everyone on some unrelated forums the full story including chatlogs, though in your case it kinda backfired because most seem to disagree with your ideas. Not only have you sabotaged a project's progress by drawing your work from it, instead of just leaving it there at its current state and ALSO continuing it for your own project (which would've been the wiser choice), you have also brought all this silly drama to the public even though noone really asked. Meh.
I just felt like the situation was unfair. I do understand your perception of that when you make a map for a project, it should stay for the project. But the thing that really grinds my gears here is that a newcomer gets into the project and takes decisions on a map you've been working on for a year, you have your own vision of your map and decides to go against it even if you didn't ask for his help. I can't even chose what's going on in my map.

User avatar AndryxaXP
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 19:57

Try to negotiate without conflict and make a decision in the form of a vote will take place in the development of your project. Try to make decisions together - so it will be more correct and calmer.
:wink:

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 22:35

I hope this won't end this way.
Please.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 22:42

It won't - Dropbox has a neato cache feature and all files have been recovered.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar RatapoM

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 23:12

@makemeunreal The project won't end.

@Delacroix, please tell me how the project started and why my name is being shown in the very first pictures and video. Thanks in advance.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013, 00:51

Just stopping by to voice my support for Waffnuffly's post.

Also, while it's totally a dick move for RatapoM to just pack up and bail, modifying and including his work without consent is wrong. I approve of this forum drama as I don't think he'd have a hope of finding justice otherwise

Carry on
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013, 12:47

Delacroix wrote:It won't - Dropbox has a neato cache feature and all files have been recovered.

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Also, while it's totally a dick move for RatapoM to just pack up and bail, modifying and including his work without consent is wrong.

Precisely. This would be disgusting practice and I can only hope that only the other mappers' work is recovered from the files and RatapoM's isn't going to be used against his will.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar RatapoM

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013, 13:44

ividyon wrote:Precisely. This would be disgusting practice and I can only hope that only the other mappers' work is recovered from the files and RatapoM's isn't going to be used against his will.
As I said before, I've made a special map before leaving the Dropbox with their work excluding mine, I've asked Bleeder to tell me if I messed up somewhere by doing this. I am still open about making maps for this project as long as my work is being respected.

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013, 19:54

ividyon wrote:
Delacroix wrote:It won't - Dropbox has a neato cache feature and all files have been recovered.

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Also, while it's totally a dick move for RatapoM to just pack up and bail, modifying and including his work without consent is wrong.

Precisely. This would be disgusting practice and I can only hope that only the other mappers' work is recovered from the files and RatapoM's isn't going to be used against his will.
it can't be used against his will. he gave implied consent when he joined the team, and did work for the project. unless, of course, there was an agreement that any member can withdraw their work at anytime. an analogy, Microsoft has many software engineers working for them, suppose they started a new version of windows, and the lead engineer discovered something that was not liked by upper management. so he changed it to something more suitable, then the engineer who did that work withdraws his consent, and removes what he did.. now we don't have that new version of windows, or it is seriously delayed. is this right? my point is, once implied consent is given, it can't be taken back without the approval of the person in charge of the team..

Previous Next