Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[RELEASED][u1][ut] The Triamid Ruins

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: [u1][ut] The Triamid Ruins

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013, 04:00

Holy shit. I'm stunned. That was easily one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen on the Unreal engine, and one of the best levels I've ever played period. Simply staggering level design. Glitchy, but given the scope of the map and what you did (with mostly stock assets to boot) I'm incredibly impressed.

User avatar Turboman
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [RELEASED][u1][ut] The Triamid Ruins

Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013, 12:10

Thanks for the feedback :)
Part of the challenge was doing the most stupid things with stock assets, which can result in quite a few quirks here and there :P
I'm glad that exploration wasn't too confusing and you guys figured it out, the map is quite nonlinear and i wasn't all too sure if there were enough hints to get around.

Mman:
[spoiler]So far during playtesting i haven't gotten stuck at the crashed ship though (the pawn on the other hand seems to be stuck behind a bsp barrier), are you sure you aren't using a larger player chararacter then the default ones? i haven't tested anything with the skaarj/naliplayer][/spoiler]

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013, 13:19

Played it, was awesome. Still want a review. Unless we're waiting for a patch.

Also while the story was better developed than most maps, there was no resolution. What was up with the alien? The final cutscene didn't explain much. Should I dig up my old copy of The Dig and actually play it through properly in order to make sense of it all? :P
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013, 17:45

I'd be interested in writing a review, but I would want to be sure about any patches before I do.

User avatar Turboman

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013, 21:29

I could do a patch, but you shouldn't expect anything groundbreaking different from it, so it's entirely up to you if you want to play it like it is or see a version with a few things fixed.

Does anyone on this board have extensive experience with 224-225 editing? I would love to get it working on those versions, but now the map insta-crashes on those clients regarding a mover iteration loop that goes out of control.

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013, 01:37

From the beginning to the end, this was awesome. I'm amazed that such a detailed map could even build. :B

[spoiler]But the way you made the "flyby ending" interesting again was even more impressive. I haven't liked one that much since Unreal's. :tup:[/spoiler]

User avatar Turboman

Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013, 00:17

[spoiler]Thanks for the feedback, i'm glad you liked the ending. I originally planned it twice as long and alot more impressive but yknow, time and all :P As it is now its quite open to interpretation what happened.[/spoiler]

I'm doing some work on an updated version, only containing some of the most essential fixes. If anyone has something crucial to report i'd gladly hear it so i can fix it in the updated version,.
One thing though: i'm unable to make it work on 224/225, no matter what i try the map causes an iteration loop crash on those versions, anyone experienced with that error?

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013, 14:29

Good luck on your updated version. In the meantime, here's a mirror for you over @ UnrealTexture: tridigv4.zip
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013, 19:14

The actuated blue beam in the gold large room isn't centered through the top hole,
Last edited by redeye on 14 Jan 2014, 07:48, edited 2 times in total.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013, 06:14

Hi, I'm assuming nobody else has run into this problem, but on the intro level (playing on UT) after I collect the scuba gear, the flash light, flares and Kevlar suit and return to the captain, the level change doesn't trigger, I couldn't find any way to get to the next level so i just used the console command but now I don't have scuba gear :( Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 21 Mar 2013, 22:36

You might not be hitting a trigger, maybe squish up to things or double hit things.
Just ban everyone

DAFFYDAFFY
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014, 21:09

Just installed it on Unreal-gold,it looks like a very well made mod.
Thanks.

I'm downloading Unreal_S3TC textures atmo.
Will it be ok to install the textures over this mod?

I installed unreal gold from 1 cd followed immediately with the 227i patch.
I presume i only needed that one patch.

p.s..I'm single play only.

Previous