Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Questions about Conflicts between packs and the USM.u file

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Yhe1
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Questions about Conflicts between packs and the USM.u file

Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012, 21:59

I have a question about the USM.u file. What is it? Multiple mappack have this file, and unlike music files, the USM.u files are not the same size. Is it okay to replace this file?

Also, are there any conflicts of have multiple campaign installed at the same time? Thanks

Yhe1

Subject: Re: Questions about Conflicts between packs and the USM.u file

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 06:25

Anyone? Is it okay for me to use any usm.u file? Or do I have to keep track of which one from which pack? Thanks!

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 08:15

if you have any ".u" file of the same name, you might save the original file and replace with the alternative file.
I can never figure what version is correct or newer, or not, so I just stash my other old file incase the new file didn't work.

All of that USM stuff isn't clear on what is new or not, some servers use different versions and gets confusing.
Just ban everyone

Yhe1

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 08:16

redeye wrote:if you have any ".u" file of the same name, you might save the original file and replace with the alternative file.
I can never figure what version is correct or newer, or not, so I just stash my other old file incase the new file didn't work.

All of that USM stuff isn't clear on what is new or not, some servers use different versions and gets confusing.

Is that for multi player only? because I am only interested in playing the single player campaigns.

Yhe1

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 08:32

Sorry, the file's name is actually UMS.u, for example, both Operation Na Pail and the Ortican have this file.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2012, 14:04

UMS is Unreal Movie Studio, I believe, which is used for making cutscenes. I don't think it really matters which version you have as long as you have the latest one, as that's what servers should be running with.