Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[RELEASED] Unreal: Forgotten Version 1.3

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sinistral
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: [RELEASED] My Unreal SP Project - Forgotten

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010, 18:58

Thanks mate, PM sent.

User avatar Sinistral

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 17:35

A new beta version has been uploaded that makes changes based upon feedback from Salaskaarj and Shivaxi. Can anyone who still hasn't given their feedback now re-download this version. The filename is the same, just re-download from the link I sent you.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 18:59

Will do.

edit: The date in the archive still says 08-06-10 as the date from the previous archive.

User avatar Sinistral

Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010, 20:29

Possibly a cached file? I've just re-downloaded it and it's deffo showing build 12-06-10.

I got your PM, will make some changes and change it with some of your suggestions anyway.

Thanks

User avatar Sinistral

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010, 20:15

Update - I have now made some changes based upon all of the feedback I have received and now feel it's time the version 1.2 of the pack was released. Most of the changes/feedback I have received has in some way altered the pack, although I haven't taken on all the ideas (some sections I didn't see anything wrong with). But I now feel the pack is greatly improved as a result.

There are too many changes to mention, changes in geometry etc, so a full download will be required to get the benefits of the new patch.

Here is a quick summary list of the changes (not in any way specific or exhaustive)

Distance Fog now used on the snow levels.
Snow textures no longer appear as sheets.
Small details added to interior structures.
Lightning/Rain effects are improved.
All translator messages have been spell checked.
Much of the music has changed in various levels.
Level 2 has extra detail to the landscape/village houses, new enemies added.
Level 3 has an extra added section - this balances the sizes of the levels better, new enemies and events.
Level 4 gameplay has changed completely - the goal is no longer to kill all the Krall, only the Krall leader. There are also some new events.
Level 5 has various gameplay/visual enhancements in an attempt to make the level more atmospheric.
Level 6 has improved detail, more enemies and is more intense. There is also a nice new event.
Level 7 has entire new sections of the ship. Translator messages added back in (were missing from the first release for some reason).
The maps are now all cooperative mode friendly - all known MP bugs fixed.

Please see my website http://www.smstributes.co.uk/sinistral for more information on the patch and a download link. I would be grateful if an admin could announce this on site news.

I'm still taking community feedback for this patch, and willing to do a 1.3 if there is a need. Please send any comments/feedback to myself at [email protected]

Special Thanks to :

SalsaSkaarj
Shivaxi
Jackrabbit
Loke
Hellscrag
Sana

for advice, and testing.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010, 21:55

Sinistral wrote:Update - I have now made some changes based upon all of the feedback I have received and now feel it's time the version 1.2 of the pack was released. Most of the changes/feedback I have received has in some way altered the pack, although I haven't taken on all the ideas (some sections I didn't see anything wrong with). But I now feel the pack is greatly improved as a result.

Wow, that was quick.
Pity I won't be around this week, but next week I'll certainly have time to play this new version. From what I gather thorugh your post with a question about being able to count the spawn kills, I have a feeling that the one part which dampened my enthousiasm a bit, will now be a real climax. \o/

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: Re: [RELEASED] Unreal: Forgotten Version 1.2

Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010, 00:17

Played through. While they look nicer than before the new weather effects seemed to slow the game down a lot, especially the rain effects. I didn't really notice it in version 1 but the new effects brought the framerate down really low at times (framerate was fine everywhere without weather so that seems to be the thing bringing it down). There also seemed to be a slight lack of health in the early levels (or least for normal mode); I spent quite a lot of the early pack with fifty or less health, and was mostly healed by superhealths and shieldbelts. It almost seems like there's less health than before. The final level also seemed like it could do with a little more (although it's improved from the first version in that regard). Ammo is definitely fixed though. The biggest issue is that you can miss the bombs at the start of the final level and it seems the only way to get back is to ghost. I think the last map could do with another bomb spot, considering the main new area seems to have no point as it is (beyond providing a way up if you fall in the docking bay place).

Those were the only real issues I had though, although I thought the Krall fort still looked a bit weaker than the rest (as the review mentions); I get the feeling a few tweaks to the lighting (especially to fix the greenings) could make that area look much better without too much work.
Formerly Mman

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010, 01:35

wow, it's so good to hear about the news all of a sudden!
All of the new fixes sound so cool, especially the snow effects!

oh, btw, the download link might have to be updated in the custom map reviews section.
Image Image

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010, 06:41

Congrats Sinistral - Nice Work!
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar Sinistral

Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010, 00:39

I know most people have played this now and won't be interested, but for my own sake I have released Forgotten 1.3 at the usual place http://www.smstributes.co.uk/sinistral/ ... gotten.htm

This release only updates Levels 2 and 4. The main point of the release is to fix BSP issues I found which casued the player to die when they came into contact with them or caused visual anomalies. There are a few other minor changes.

I wish I could leave things alone... but I can't... time to start a new project methinks.

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010, 01:05

Sinistral wrote: time to start a new project methinks.

me too. :wink:
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010, 22:17

Sinistral wrote:... time to start a new project methinks.

No opposition from this side \o/

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [RELEASED] Unreal: Forgotten Version 1.3

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010, 00:37

time to start a new project methinks.

Will it be 227 only again? I wouldn't mind contributing to a project like this.....

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012, 20:47

I don't see how you guys put these maps out like this, all pretty damn good.Forgotten will not be forgot by me.I am dumping all the 227 stuff for Unreal Gold to keep the files situated so I won't complain about 227 anymore.

Got all my settings back, on one note if you want to set the gamma offset in 227 and work, it is not the same as UT openGL, the number is below 1.0 so it won't change unless you set it to .1 to .9 I NEED gamma offset it's the BEST damn thing that ever happened to any video game.Instead of that harsh blinding white against black, like D3D I set it to .15 then adjust the brightness.

Anyway there are a few things that are a little, a little annoying, but your work is very good IMO.The game is too hard (not a bad thing), set to normal as always, and some parts get a tad confusing, but is all good.I am at the part with the Krall and nali in the cells.

You did the cool tricks for an Unreal game, and more, it's fun. !

need patch , link,.
Just ban everyone

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012, 07:03

Well two things going on, got trapped in a krall prison had to ghost out, and is by far the best friggen map, I liked it a lot.

The other (the base) was a glitch the plasma screen didn't open after hitting the switch by the green blocked computer.So I replayed god mode too see.My findings where correct that, that screen should have came down, but it didn't.All I can think is I bumped the steam wheel more than once, or the switch for the plasma shield.I re bumped the switch on my test, and the plasma shield stayed open, but something got messed up, had to ghost on first play.(after hours of running around)

Other, this damn skaarj spaceship , even though it is a good build just sucks.No rhyme nor reason, like a hamster wheel.The lighting for the doors or indications GO THIS WAY is not present.I assume I could kill the pawns, eventually, from those teleporters, but no.

All in all it was fun till the skaarj ship.
Just ban everyone

Previous