Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[227] [UT] Alternate Pawns

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: [227] [UT] Alternate Pawns

Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012, 22:24

This last whole bit is reminding me of the awesomely too powerful Grim Reaper monster.

User avatar SteadZ

Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012, 19:55

Any new progress on this Qtit? Or are you still working on the Ucomputers etc.

Wail
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2012, 02:03

I keep checking in here for some new stuff too.

Would it be possible to get the animation source files for the new pawns thus far? I'd like to import them into UT2004 as Invasion monsters.
Marathon: Resurrection project @ http://resurrection.bungie.org/

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013, 11:19

I'd like to make a suggestion that we have some new water-based creatures please.
The giant squid does not feel so giant any more, and could do with a face-lift.
An ink-cloud (smoke) and a projectile (maybe the tentacle ammo).
A scary-assed Kraken, that will quickly drag you to the bottom.

People have made many dumb mods of the devil-fish over the years, but none work as a sensible replacement for a shark.
Do you have the ability to port the shark from UT2003/4 ?
It is a very simple model with simple animation, and the licence allows us access, so I have no idea why nobody ever did it.

Any other Ideas for sea-beasties ?
I'd like to infest the waters of Captain Hooks servers with something more suited to the Pirate theme.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013, 11:47

Well, not a bad idea that is. Wehn I get back to alternate pawaning you can be sure I add some sea monsters...

XD

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013, 06:18

Awesome find !
Gonna have to link that pic over at Captain Hook's merry ship-of-fools, in my Pirate thread.

I was trying to keep the ideas simple this time (compared to my amazingly-awesome "Cloverfield monster" idea).
My thinking was is to fill-out the gaps a little, and I love putting SP-style finishing touches to multiplay maps.
:twisted: Especially where people like to camp. I consider it to be a more natural anti-camper mod.
Rats, cockroaches, scorpions, snakes and various birds are generally added to my edits, but whenever I add life to the water, I am never totally happy.
All the mods I've found so far just go too far or just too stupid. We need "Unreal" not unrealistic (just like this pack).

BTW. Have you tried the Titans in a map with deep water? :lol:
They don't drown, and the projectiles look awesome floating in a cloud in front of the them.
Another watery idea :D
How about "mer-monster" ideas ? There have been a few Slith mods, but always similar.
What else could be half-fish, half-something else ?

Oh and if possible can features such as egg-laying and parent-child spawning and teaming be added to suitable monsters please ?
There are a few examples that do this (eg. Maidens, and Hyper's unfinished Postal2 cow conversions).
I think if we have over-sized monsters, they should have the option of spawning the normal ones as babies.

The Postal conversions work best in Unreal for some reason, but I use the cows to populate farm-land, Elephants in the jungles, and the dogs make good guard-dogs.

The old swarm TWT_Zombies have been modded by Kelly and MrLoathsome, and are a staple diet of my UT experience, and I would love to share that Zombie goodness with the Unreal die-hards.
They are in dire need of some SP usage ;) I love them in CTF and Assault modes, set so they do not count as a kill.

Currently MrLoathsome and Higor are making huge advancements in bot and monster AI and pathing (including air and water).
I think we need to combine some of this talent into a new "Cryptozoology" department.
Work-load can be shared a bit more, and duplication avoided. I keep finding people whose work relates to each-other and who are often stronger at 1 talent than the other.
eg. If you have a monster you have not made because the AI would let it down, we can ask Loathsome. He plays Unreal/UT CoOp all the time. Monsters are his love.

You see where I am going here ;) hehe "Unreal Monsters INC." :lol:
We just need to sort-out hi-res skins for everything, and we have a complete team.

Gotta go and finish my rum (yes I am a good little pirate) before I talk too much more sh*t.
Last edited by Dr.Flay on 16 Jun 2014, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 11 May 2013, 04:05

Dr.Flay wrote:The giant squid does not feel so giant any more, and could do with a face-lift.
Any other Ideas for sea-beasties ?

Cloverfield?
I'd think a converted Titan, re-designed for a more water based scenario, kind of a cross of this and Godzilla, might work.

Somewhere in this forum is a guy who did some massive and amazing updates on new kinds of Titans; like the Swamp Titan. This sounds up his alley.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013, 20:48

I recently edited 2 maps, one with the Chef-Fucker which has been fun and silly, and the other with the 3 classes of Krall in this package: Blood, Ice, and Armored. I love how they're in different sizes...

...but I did run into a kind of sore point.

In the displayed photos, and the youtube video when this project first started, I saw the more advanced Krall design as being darker shades of brown. The Blood, Ice, and Armored Krall are (same order) Pinkish, Blue, & White.

Personally think the BloodKrall should be redder... but what happened to that original Brownish Krall?

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013, 21:33

You can do the brownish krall just by changing the skin for BloodKrall to the standard Krall. I think.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013, 18:24

From what I saw of the AlternatePawns.u there's no normal Krall in it. Just the blood, Ice, and Armored.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013, 19:06

Er, the normal krall skin from UnrealI.u :D

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 05:36

Z-enzyme wrote:Er, the normal krall skin from UnrealI.u :D

Well, sure... but that's different from the AP version.

For laughs, I drummed this up:

Haven't actually put it on a Krall as yet... but it's brown.

Previous