Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

looking for a UT99 DM map...

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: looking for a UT99 DM map...

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012, 18:01

So I'm looking for a certain map...and all I can give is a very limited description as I played this ages ago during the first years of UT99.

Now, I was not one to download maps back in the day...so I had originally thought this was apart of one of the bonus packs (which downloaded for me automatically back then?), but anyway...turns out it wasnt in the bonus packs...so i really have no idea where it came from. Point is...i dont have it anymore...and nostalgia is driving me nuts...

Here's the few things I can remember about the map...

-It was like a city map (no not zahltag), not like a big city, perhaps a small section it (outside at least)...though i remember this map being absolutely giagantic...i'd spend my time just exploring the place...and it was quite professionally built (at least so i think).
-There were sewers you could go around in underneath the city. I remember a manhole you could open in the middle of the road to enter, and also a sewer hatch/door thingy on the side of some complex...like almost a secret entrance i think...
-For some reason I remember lava? Like...a cavern or something beyond the city with lava...im not sure...and i think it was near that sewer hatch/door entrance like on the side of the building or whatever...
-There was a little road that slanted down to a lower level of the city, leading to a massive warehouse with a garage door that was huge, and could open and close iirc...the warehouse was huge and full of giant boxes and stuff...and there was this one little room to the right when you first entered with stairs leading up to it...the room was special but i cant remember why...shield belt or super health or something...
-The warehouse (and most of the buildings iirc) had these ventilation shafts and air ducts all along the walls and ceiling that you could run through...with little hatches on the floor of the vents to jump out into whichever building you so chose...i think the vents were all connected through each building...i remember the vents also led to the roof of one of the buildings i think...
-There were obviously lots of sniper places...atop buildings etc...but also on this big catwalk things connected to the sides of the buildings or something...i cant really remember...memory is vague on that part...
-There was one building that was really interesting...like...first of all the place was low gravity inside...i think...again i cant rly remember...the walls were circular i think, and it was filled with water, with tunnels leading in and out underneath, and catwalk, platforms atop the water to walk around on. There were also elevators and spiraling catwalks leading up the structure...though where they went i cannot remember. Also, there was some like...big floating electrical chamber or something in the middle? maybe that had the low grav...i dont remember why it was there but, i think you died if you fell into it...
-At the end of one end of the street outside, the road led into a tunnel which was blocked off by a fence or gate or something (invisible collision hull obviously, creating a boundary for the map), and i remember parked vehicles in the tunnel or something...

There were a lot of other hidden places and secrets and cool areas to explore, but my memory is so vague on a lot of these details already...played this ages ago, and it only just recently resurfaced to my mind for whatever reason. Im pretty sure also this was a DM map...

But yeah...hope someone knows what im talkin' about :3
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject: Re: looking for a UT99 DM map...

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012, 18:27

No, sorry.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012, 18:32

Qtit wrote:No, sorry.

Wow dude, if you have nothing at all to add then just don't post.

Shiv are you sure this was a DM map? I can't remember many DM maps because I've always mostly played CTF, but there is a fairly large urban DOM map with Deus Ex's Hong Kong textures and music: DOM-China_Town. It isn't much like you describe, though, so probably not what you're looking for. What textures did it have?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012, 18:40

You know, I did at first think maybe it was DOM...like that room to the side in the warehouse was special because maybe it had a Domination Checkpoint thingy (idk what u call them lol)...but i mean the map was so huge...so many places and stuff...didnt seem like it'd make a good DOM map...and i only remember just running around killin things...though thats what i did in DOM anyway XD. That low grav room with the electric thingy in the middle could also be a DOM check point, like at the top of that structure....hmm....

and honestly I wouldn't know about the textures at all lol...my memory is already way too vague on this. It probably used custom tex though...maybe...

edit: checked out dom-china_town... definitely not it XD
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012, 21:26

Edit: Nevermind, Outskirts is tiny.

Is it CTF-CTC-BT-A1Breakout? It kind of matches your description, but iirc there aren't any sewers or manholes.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012, 22:29

haha I know the feeling, used to get it all the time but now I've hunted down most of the sources of my dim nostalgia. I remember downloading ctf-skaarjface years ago, forgetting what it was called and spending the next two years trying to find it again either online or in my massive inbox of downloaded unreal content. It was a happy day when I found it and played it for the first time. That skybox made it worth it.

As for this map, sorry dude, dunno. But keep downloading city maps and exploring them. You're bound to run into it one day.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012, 08:10

didn't you mean not "DM-Zeitkind" i think that is the one you meant is wrong.

What you ask i keep thinking of a quake2 map.

ADD

if anyone does download DM-Zeitkind, don't get the one from gamefront, messed up zip.
Just ban everyone