ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Oldskool problems

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Oldskool problems

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011, 19:04

Whenever I host a LAN game with Oldskool, the difficulty settings don't seem to apply. It's almost like it's stuck on one difficulty setting (either normal or easy). Has anyone else ever had this problem? Difficulty settings work fine in singleplayer games, but for whatever reason, they don't work in multiplayer. I first noticed this when I was playing 7 Bullets with a friend, and later, we tried to play the original Unreal episode through Oldskool, and it was clear that it wasn't on the highest difficulty.

Also, when I'm not the host, there are times when translator messages don't work. At first I thought it was just a 7 Bullets thing, but it has happened in Xenome, Zephon, ONP, and the original Unreal episode, too.
Last edited by Tarydax on 18 Sep 2011, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: Oldskool problems

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011, 19:09

Translator messages in general are pretty finicky online. I think they only work if you trigger them, or the other way around. It's weird.

As far as difficulty settings go, are you hosting a listen server or a dedicated server? When launching a dedicated server, there's an option to choose the difficulty level. Listen servers don't have that; to fix, you need to run a command:

adminlogin <admin password>
open <mapname>?difficulty=# (where # = 0, 1, 2, 3)

This should allow you to set the difficulty manually at the start and it should persist after that.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011, 19:11

255 difficulty is generally the one used online.
ImageImage

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011, 22:13

Thanks Waff, the command works like a charm.