Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[rtnp] Unreal: Return to Na Pali Episode IV: Na Pali War

This forum is temporary and will be replaced by a new system.
For the discussion of projects currently in development. Read the instructions on how to make your project eligible.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Dozey
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: [u1] Unreal: Return to Na Pali Episode 2: Na Pali War

Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 01:06

Legendslayer222 wrote:
Dozey wrote:Finished work will be skinned and animated. :)

I would hope the weapons were skinned and animated before they ended up in game! :o :P

for sure ;D

thanks 4 opinion - now I know what will be fixed :)
Return to Napali IV: Napali War Coming soon....
http://dozeyunreal.webs.com

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011, 11:31

Yeaahh..i want see with my own eyes ;)
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Dozey

Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011, 20:30

makemeunreal wrote:Yeaahh..i want see with my own eyes ;)

no problem - you can be a tester of beta version ;)

User avatar Dozey

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011, 20:26

Hi there,
I've got question regarding a little thing.
I would like to make something like fly-by mission in helicopter - as deck gunner.
The example from Terrorist Takedown (Polish Game by City Interactive) shows that fly-by mission:
how can I make something similar to this??

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011, 20:34

Old comment.
Last edited by makemeunreal on 19 Jul 2014, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 03 Aug 2011, 21:28

A helicopter mover is your best bet, but it will be pretty short or boring because of the limitations of movers. Really, I'd not attempt this on UE1 if I were you without major engine improvements.

diamond
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011, 09:09

I think mover can interpolate like anything other or can be attached to interpolating object.
UBerserker wrote:Architecture doesn't need to detailed, it just needs to be right.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011, 09:17

Yea..i hate the mover limitation...but..i see in some map...Complex(vehicle)movers..like boat,spaceship,or a car...and Turrets too...

User avatar Dozey

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011, 16:07

diamond wrote:I think mover can interpolate like anything other or can be attached to interpolating object.

Or just make a helicopter pawn?? Using bMeshCollision function that allow player sitting as deck gunner and it will be flying pawn with no bleeding and with lot of health points. It's smells like covering idea from Firestorm (exactly gunship pawn) but I don't know how to make it very similar to this heli from Terrorist Takedown. As you says Diamond it need re-programming the Unreal Engine. I think I'll try with pawn function.

BTW. From Unreal 2 The Awakening: How to make something attached in one class?? I saw something similar like Isaac pawn - except model he has got a particle salamander system near his cigarette. It's possible to make it onto U1227h engine?? I would like to use BlockPawns actor class with this heli pawn.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011, 17:08

You want create a Heli..with Health points? :D ohh...this isnt bad idea...like Terrorist Tk you say...good....i think..the cigarette thing is possible... \o/

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011, 18:12

So the helicopter can be shot down? Do you also want to control the helicoptor with the arrow keys?

Making a mover subclass definetely requires less coding. Adding a health variable and rewriting the takedamage function would be an easy way to simulate the helicopter being shot down. But with a mover, probably you would be stuck with the difficult to handle Pathobject and Pathpoints. And jumping would let you fly to the back of the helicopter.

In your position I would more bother about the implementation of the gun. Is a stationary gun like that from Xidia possible without recoding the playerpawn class?

User avatar Dozey

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011, 19:33

integration wrote:So the helicopter can be shot down? Do you also want to control the helicoptor with the arrow keys?

Making a mover subclass definetely requires less coding. Adding a health variable and rewriting the takedamage function would be an easy way to simulate the helicopter being shot down. But with a mover, probably you would be stuck with the difficult to handle Pathobject and Pathpoints. And jumping would let you fly to the back of the helicopter.

In your position I would more bother about the implementation of the gun. Is a stationary gun like that from Xidia possible without recoding the playerpawn class?

It will be a pawn for 90% I think. Copter won't be controlled by pawn. It will move from point A to point B using a lot of keys where copter stops and there will be occasion to open fire to the Skaarjs ;) . Mover as you says is too much function-lower to make a heli or other flyby-vehicle-simulated stuff. The stationary gun is availble. As turret from vehiclephys by .:.: or just we'll convert the function of minigun from Mobile Forces game (u1 engine). If those 2 possibilities fail, we'll look at Xidia how it's made.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011, 19:44

:twisted: :D goood...i like the mad shooting..and the mad shooting to Skaarjs too *__* Maan..i want to be one of the beta testers :twisted:

User avatar Dozey

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011, 23:01

makemeunreal wrote::twisted: :D goood...i like the mad shooting..and the mad shooting to Skaarjs too *__* Maan..i want to be one of the beta testers :twisted:

You'll have the chance to shot down LegendSlayers xD

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011, 01:23

Dozey wrote:You'll have the chance to shot down LegendSlayers xD

No wonder I can hear helicopter blades outside my window. Time to invest in anti-aircraft guard dogs.

Previous Next