Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

[RELEASED] editor Dave - Inside The Lab (Released)

The archive for the 10th Anniversary Speedmapping Contest entries and discussion.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Inside the Lab: Community Vote

Poll ended at 01 Jul 2011, 01:14

8%
No votes
No votes
8%
17%
42%
8%
8%
8%
No votes

Total votes: 12

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: editor Dave - Inside The Lab (Released)

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011, 07:53

Yes, sorry for the disorientation, I thought I stated it clearly: SP-Inside is a little updated version of SP-Inside The Lab. To mark a difference I thought of renaming the map title. But instead of adding a [V1.1], which UT doesn't load then, I shortened the file name to make it more pregnant.
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011, 21:50

[spoiler]I liked all the small details in the lab, and the main room looked good in general (for a horde combat it was maybe slightly too dark though). Emphasising a rarely used weapon was a cool idea, and it was helpful here. It seemed like the Skaarj did most of the damage for you, although the fight would extremely hard if they didn't. There's not much that could be done about it but the framerate got a bit bad when the whole room is being covered in bio-sludge. A fun combat map.[/spoiler]
Formerly Mman

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 20 Jun 2011, 22:44

Mman's spoiler just about sums up my opinion. I beat it on Medium quite easily but on Hard I kind of lost it the first time, the second time I made it without too much hassle but without prior knowledge of the map allowing subsequent tactical decisions I would consider this difficult. I'll play on Unreal once I've finished all the other contest maps.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 01:32

[spoiler]Yeah, I really appreciated the bio rifle being given a chance for once[/spoiler]
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar gp
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 04:19

Fun map. :)

[spoiler]Focusing only on the GES made the fights feel unique and memorable to me.[/spoiler]

User avatar editor Dave

Post Posted: 21 Jun 2011, 08:07

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that I got so many replies! :)
Has anyone of you an idea why the AlarmPoints don't work properly in UT?
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar integration

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 15:52

I have made a GesBioRifle subclass and included it in that map. Now the Skaarj Troopers will much better estimate how high they have to shoot to hit you.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=000PAQAU

I have also slightly increased the Skaarj Lords' movement and projectile speed, because the Skaarj Troopers are much more dangerous now.

User avatar editor Dave

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 16:23

Very unexpected, but thanks. :) When we do a compilation, your version will be taken. Did you also figure out why the Skaarj don't follw the AlarmPoints in UT?

User avatar integration

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 18:27

I don't know, if this is possible. A rule said no mylevel content allowed. Perhaps this also states for the compilation.

If you made another version and want to include my zGesBioRifle, all you have to do is: Open my modified map and then open your map and then you should find the zGesBioRifle class in the actor browser.

I don't know about the Alarmpoints. Strange that it is only in ut99. I will have a look.

User avatar integration

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 19:54

Somehow the troopers in the front row block the paths of the troopers in the rear rows. So they don't find the way to the alarm point and give up. I have tried a lot, but I didn't find an easy way to ensure all 6 troopers find their way. All I can say is make some alternative paths to the alarmpoint by adding a lot of path nodes (between the teleporters until there where they finally jump down). Probably you will need more than one try.

edit:Of course I meant path nodes, not path points

User avatar editor Dave

Post Posted: 24 Jun 2011, 20:31

integration wrote:I don't know, if this is possible. A rule said no mylevel content allowed. Perhaps this also states for the compilation.

We can wait what sana says. I don't think that that would be a problem since in this compilation there are also the maps from last year's contest included, of which many of them had custom content.
integration wrote:Somehow the troopers in the front row block the paths of the troopers in the rear rows. So they don't find the way to the alarm point and give up. I have tried a lot, but I didn't find an easy way to ensure all 6 troopers find their way. All I can say is make some alternative paths to the alarmpoint by adding a lot of path points (between the teleporters until there where they finally jump down). Probably you will need more than one try.

Thanks for your explanation! In the next days I'll try to fix this.

Previous