Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[v2.8] [released] UT PS2 Characters

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [v2.0 released] UT PS2 Characters

Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 21:53

Where? Ladder or Instant Action? You have to add the respective PlayerPawns in the RatedTeamInfo7-8 to make Hybrids and their teams available in the ladder.
ImageImage

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: [v2.1 released] UT PS2 Characters

Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011, 23:01

I just released an update that fixes some problems with the Skaarj's collision and some other small problems. Sorry about that. :/

User avatar Tarydax

Subject: Re: [v2.0 released] UT PS2 Characters

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 03:16

UBerserker wrote:Where? Ladder or Instant Action? You have to add the respective PlayerPawns in the RatedTeamInfo7-8 to make Hybrids and their teams available in the ladder.

It's for the ladder. I put multimesh.tskaarj in the male and female class sections, but it doesn't work for me. The Red Claw and Iron Skull won't show up in the list of playable teams.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 10:14

Try to set the NumTeam to 9 in the all the Ladder properties (except the Demo ones). Ladder is also a subclass of Info.
ImageImage

User avatar AlCapowned

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 18:35

I might have some good news for this. I got the PS2 versions of the characters (and the Hybrids) to be playable in the tournament. The only problems are that the female characters have messed up voicepacks, and you have to play one match, quit, and then resume the tournament to be the right character. I'm going through the ladder to see if the boss characters will work.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011, 19:14

Boss characters as bots work, the only problem is that they turn Blue when they die (while the player turns Red) - this is because Challenge is like a team game here.
ImageImage

User avatar AlCapowned

Subject: Re: [v2.2 released] UT PS2 Characters

Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011, 01:41

I fixed that problem I caused with the last patch, and the male ISV skins are better. This is going to be the final version, unless there are more bugs to fix.

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011, 10:42

Haven't had a chance yet to say thanks for all the work you've done. A little strange it is that Epic never made them officialy available for the PC (except for the War Boss/Boss Mk. 2).

Speaking of the PS2 tournament how different is it from the PC/GOTY versions? Anything major not included with the PC versions? (asides from the different character models of course)
StalwartUK

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011, 11:23

Much of the stuff being removed, all the cool maps being left in (I don't know, I enjoyed it more because it had like the best selection of DM/DOM/CTF maps; AS maps were all there).
There are several PS2 exclusive maps for DM and CTF (some of the DM ones are released for PC) that could be played in MP, but did not appear in the ladder.

All the maps had a pre-set selection of bots (even in Instant Action); you fight known faces such as Lexington, Slain, Disconnect and Skrilax, but also Cathode and Matrix-Vector-Tensor-Silicon in their WarMachine form (you could only play as human Matrix or human Vector).
So yeah, the Corrupt appeared in the DM/DOM/CTF ladders as last opponents/team, after the (only one) Skaarj team composed by Reaver, Firewall, Guardian and Pharoh, a mix of all the Hybrid races. Assault is pretty much the same thing.
The red team is always Thunder Crash, just everywhere.

Challenge ladder is basically normal DM (not lightning version actually):
1)Phobos: You fight Damien
2)Flux: You fight Rampage (PS2 only map, now available; it's like a pre-prototype of the Flux in UT2k3/4)
3)Malevolence: You fight Dominator
4)Hyperblast: You fight Xan

All these were selectable in the Instant Action DM.

Only one DOM map and one CTF map that appeared in the PS2 ladder are still not on PC (and probably never will), and they were really fun to play.
ImageImage

User avatar AlCapowned

Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011, 21:50

StalwartUK wrote:Haven't had a chance yet to say thanks for all the work you've done. A little strange it is that Epic never made them officialy available for the PC (except for the War Boss/Boss Mk. 2).

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that. What's strange to me is how Rampage's talktexture seems to be based on the Warboss skin. It's as if Epic was going to use that skin, but switched at the last minute.

I really wish Epic released all of the PS2 models on their own. I would've liked to see players that looked like Damien or Dominator online.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011, 12:03

For PS2 fans, the PS2 exclusive maps are all ready.
ImageImage

User avatar AlCapowned

Subject: Re: [v2.4 released] UT PS2 Characters

Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011, 19:26

The final version is released. I tested it on a fresh install of UT, just to be sure that nothing is missing. You still need Advanced Model Support and the 436 patch.

User avatar Tarydax

Subject: Re: [v2.4 released] UT PS2 Characters

Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011, 15:42

Good job on the new animations. You've made quite a few improvements. :tup:

User avatar AlCapowned

Subject: Re: [v2.5] [released] UT PS2 Characters

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 18:30

Thanks, both for that and helping me test in the early stages of the pack. I imagine it would have taken me a lot longer to release the pack if you didn't help me find bugs in the first few versions.

Edit:
2.5 is going to be the final version of the pack unless I screwed something up again. Psychic_313 let me include the War Machines, so now every character is included. Almost everyone has unique status dolls, and the bosses have custom gibs.

Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [v2.5] [released] UT PS2 Characters

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 22:24

Based on the info on the 2.5 version, you have alot of stuff from the UT Beta! (Or you have the beta...)

By the way, can you send me the UT Beta Pulsegun's Texture File(s). I'm working on my project and I want to remake the Pulse Gun. My e-mail is [email protected]
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

Previous Next