Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[UT] MH-The CrystalMine 3 [RELEASED]

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [UT] MH-The CrystalMine 3 [RELEASED]

Post Posted: 13 May 2011, 20:22

integration wrote:...
It is near the start.

You can't be serious, you definetely canNOT be serious, pulling my leg you are, you can't fool me. NO way am I going to look again in that place :shy:
... well at least not until sunday evening.

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 14 May 2011, 18:02

Haha, yes.

I know that this map is perhaps too difficult to play offline. When you play this map online with 7-8 players it should be very fun, right?! And please don't be too harsh, haha :rolleyes:
Edited the map multiple times to make suitable for every kind of player.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 15 May 2011, 22:59

Finally finished the map ... and without dying once.

[spoiler]First of all, yes I finally found that first Deemer. When you mentioned the shovel I didn't find any and then joked about that Tractor, implying that it was the shovel. And then today I dawned upon me, it is actually the shovel :). Very nice place to hide the Deemer :).

That then made me have a better look at another shovel and yes, some useful health is to be found there.

I made it to the Queen Chamber without health loss, opened the door, stayed back and used the Deemer alt fire to hit the Warlord in the next chamber, swam back to the Deemer (lost some health to biterfish), used the Deemer to get rid of the biterfish and swam back and forth to hammer the Warlord a couple of times, thereby practically clearing his chamber. Then same tactic to hit the Queen while showing myself a couple of times so that the occupants of that Queen Chamber started infighting. Eventually (must have been around 40 minutes) only the Queen was left and it was time to fetch the Warlord - mission accomplished and the Queen finished of the Warlord. Then used the crystals near the entrance as cover to pound the Queen with biosludge and minigun, saving a Deemer shot for later.

Next room full of Behemoths and Brutes - back to the "swim, get Deemer and clear that area" tactic (another 30 minutes).
Next room with normal mercenaries was no problem, the following one with the enhanced Mercenary was more difficult (another marathon of swimming because the distance attacks of that Mercenary almost killed me).

And then more enhanced enemies, 2 oversized Skaarj and the aforementioned Stonetitan. After using all ammo (and reloading in the Queenchamber) and then a couple more swim and get Deemer antics I was left with 3 enemies (the 2 Skaarj and the Stonetitan). From then on I realised it was just a question of time before they succumbed to my assault (at no danger to my own health) and I decided to shorten my quest with allammo. Even then it took around 20 hits with the Deemer before the Stonetitan was dead.

Finally: a quite nice ending room with a little puzzle (slight problem with the teleporter, if you move to fast you fall off the rock with the crystals before even realising that's where you have to be).[/spoiler]Total playing time around 4 hours.

If you do decide to make it better suited to offline (single) play then some way of replenishing ammo is necessary before the Queen room in order to avoid having to go back and forth for the Deemer so many times. And an damage amplifier in the Queen room would also help significantly.

All in all I think it would really make a good single player map. Visually it's great and I had a lot of fun thinking about how to get past the first Titan, then the second one and then the Queen Chamber, after the Queen it was more a question of how long it was still going to take me.

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 May 2011, 16:32

Better a big fat map, rather than a thin, skinny map!
Small maps is for noobs, big maps for the winner! \o/
(joke 8) )

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 16 May 2011, 18:14

Spurred by SalsaSkaarj I also succesfully tried to complete this map without dying. All in all 100 elapsed minutes, about 80 minutes playtime.[spoiler]Actually you don't have to swim back and forth, you can shoot with the redeemer though the door. I got a redeemer, swam to a nearby, small isle, fired and controled the redeemer (using slomo 5.0 for the straight water path) and in the meantime the redeemer respawned. I repeated this until the Queens room was cleared (except the Queen). Killing the Queen wasn't that difficult, because she doesn't follow you (no path nodes). However I always got heart attacks, when I had to leave my safe Shield Belt place to get some ammo. The rest was easy. The giant Skaarj Lords even helped me to kill the Stone Titan.
salsaSkaarj wrote:And an damage amplifier in the Queen room would also help significantly.
Actually there is a damage amplifier in the Queens room. Last time I had played with the turbo rule and I could reach it with normal jumping. This time I would have had to rocket jump to get it (but I was to scared of the Queen).[/spoiler]LIke I said, if you want to improve your map:
Add path nodes. Add some ammo before the Stone Titans and Queens room. Perhaps add some health before the Queens room. And be sure that the triggers, which activate the player starts and teleporters, have a big enough collision radius.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 16 May 2011, 18:55

integration wrote:[spoiler]Actually you don't have to swim back and forth, you can shoot with the redeemer though the door. I got a redeemer, swam to a nearby, small isle, fired and controled the redeemer (using slomo 5.0 for the straight water path) and in the meantime the redeemer respawned.[/spoiler]

Yep, I did the same thing but for every 2 Deemer shots I had to go to the Queenchamber to open the door (It doesn't stay open long enough for me).
Congrats on your time, I can't see myself doing that. Perhaps you didn't bother to kill every enemy, for example you don't need to kill all pupae near the first Titan, nor all the Krall and Mercenary in the beginning, nor the second Titan (and Tentacles).

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 16 May 2011, 20:38

The time is unimportant. I have only posted it, so that others will know what they will expect. With the Redeemer you can shoot through the door even if it is closed. I have killed the second Titan, because I wanted the hidden Super Health. But there is no advantage to kill the Warlord, because you can get 199 health though the Health Packs in the Mercenary room.

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 17 May 2011, 12:06

I was planning to make a special editon of this map.. so perhaps I can make big changes then.

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 19 May 2011, 15:40

To reach that Udamage on the box, (second titan) wait till the Titan smashes the ground, then jump =)
Let the Titan do the work

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 22 May 2011, 20:59

Terraniux wrote:...
Let the Titan do the work

OMG, how come I never thought of that. That's really nicely set up :)

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011, 16:26

Terraniux wrote:[size=150]THE CRYSTAL MINE 3Links:
http://destinationunreal.com/modules.ph ... opic&t=214

Download: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20320183 ... raniux.rar

Have fun!

Terraniux

you need to update the links, they go to the front page.

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011, 11:43

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011, 17:16

Even though this map was for a lot of people, I had fun playing it with a few others. It looks great, too. Nice job! :D

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011, 13:45

Can this map get reviewed, as in the map of the week? or is that only for Single player maps?
I need to know what I can do better before I release my current mapping project :D

User avatar Terraniux
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011, 12:24

uhhh... anyone? :P

Previous Next