Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

[U227] The Day Of The Titan - Update: 12th July 2011.

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject: Re: [U227] The Day Of The Titan

Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011, 02:53

TheIronKnuckle wrote:It's AWESOMEE. I can see the twist already: you'll end up in dark arena and the final boss will be prisoner 894 AND YOU WILL GET TOTALLY OWNED :D

Gina didn't fight stone titan there. And THIS stone titan is... bit different...

Still, the dark arena probably will show up there sumwhere XD

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011, 04:18

Is this going to be a nolan-esque psychologicial thriller? I reckon a titan would make an awesome self reflective narrator in the style of Illhaven :lol:

Either way i look forward to this for the lulz and what i'm guessing is going to be a good fun factor
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011, 21:04

Hmm. Don't change the Titan and it's characteristics / abilities too much. The player has to make use of the Titan's limitations and what it is capable of. Stomping to thrust enemies into the air, then throwing boulders at them while they are in mid-air. Not being able to press a button to open a garage door, but able to break through, &c &c.

This looks like a great mod-to-be. Don't spend too long developing the levels, it should provide a nice subgame— short but fun and re-playable.
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 16 Jan 2011, 22:56

LOL_PEANUTS wrote:Hmm. Don't change the Titan and it's characteristics / abilities too much. The player has to make use of the Titan's limitations and what it is capable of. Stomping to thrust enemies into the air, then throwing boulders at them while they are in mid-air. Not being able to press a button to open a garage door, but able to break through, &c &c.

Abilities:
Stomping makes skaarj fly, yep, but for too short time to be able to do something with them when they're in air. It is rather for being able to move when there's too much of those scums around. You know, they block you.
There's also the slap, which makes three of them in front of you fly. You can catch a skaarj or brute and throw it, eat it or splash it on the ground using stomp.
There's also second feature, Adrenaline. When you get hit a lot in a short period of time you can use a more... umm, sophisticated attack. But I won't say more here. There will be more attacks then normal Titan had because this Titan is NOT a normal Titan. Note that normal Titan has clothes, and as they are natives, these clothes are not made by skaarj, they are not made by nali, but by Titan's themselves. So they are not simple animals. I think.
Levels:
Well, I'm trying to make those simple but very interactive, and no, Titan is not able to use switches, buttons. He "knocks" to the doors. Loudly.
Rewards:
There are also points for killing skaarjs in different ways. You can do it interacting with environment (that gives you most point's of course - "Pinned Down!", "Buzzzified!" and so on). If you manage to kill enough skaarjs in different ways you get rewards.
Note, there is NO WAY of achieving all rewards in one game, as one of them is "Pacifist", for example.

Edith:
I figured that 3 attacks for 5 levels isn't too much and can get bored. So there's throwing and eating and splashing. Adrenaline is... well... a little addition for more crowdy places. And when it is getting very hot... and sweaty... :D

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011, 22:18

It took me whole day, but I did it. The visuals for Achievements is working perfectly. Now, I need to make them appear.
9 Achievements so far... I need 7 more.
No, 6. :D

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 00:20

Are you building maps as you go? Or is it older content?
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 00:29

Doublez-Down wrote:Are you building maps as you go? Or is it older content?

Hah, this map is a test map really, maybe I'll use it in the final, but for sure I'll redo it all as is should be. First, pure gameplay, then decorations and lighting. If I do maps on the fly they are... crappy :/

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 01:49

Looks great! I can't wait to see the final version. \o/

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 06:02

Yay! Someone else besides me is incorporating an achievement system!

Qtit, I find myself greatly intrigued by this project :o

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 12:13

Mister_Prophet wrote:Yay! Someone else besides me is incorporating an achievement system!

Well, this achievement 'system' will be really simple, actually. But it will be there!! \o/

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 15:05

Titans wear clothes...?
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 17:01

Take a close look at it. I can clearly see clothes there, rough ones, made of leather, and shoes. Parts of skin are connected by some nails, or something, it's hard to say really. The stone titan is naked, yes.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 17:25

Don't release this soon, nor any other maps by other mappers for that matter. Busy months coming ahead and I fear it will be March before I can play anything. But keep on enticing me (us) - I am so curious as to how this will turn out.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 17:33

Normal Titans wear those red dress and armor pieces.
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011, 05:38

Don't look like clothes to me, just skin... I thought it was something like the little flecks across its skin were bits of stone, and the titan got older and became covered in it like the stone titan or something.
ImageImage

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

Previous Next