ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Suvival Coop beta server up and running...

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Suvival Coop beta server up and running...

Post Posted: 04 Jan 2011, 22:56

Survival Coop
aka Coop-Or-Die (from Quake2)

I have finished converting my old gametype to a new and more stable platform that is very barebone and basic. It feels exactly like UnrealShare.CoopGame, but with less security risks. As for the gametype itself, I'm running bHardcoreMode on the server which means if one player in the server dies before the end teleporter is hit, the entire map restarts for everyone on the server. This way you are forced to work together online.

Additional features include:
-You are able to shoot through players (for the most part). Trace shots will always go through players and you can combo right through other players but sometimes projectiles wont always go through.
-a consecutive wins display which shows how many maps you and your team have beat in a row on your server.
-protection against players reconnecting to the server to become "alive" again. (this applies in non-hardcore mode where you have to wait for the round to finish).

If you would like to try this gametype out for yourself then connect to my game IP @ 173.67.23.208.

Note: this gametype is for Unreal 1/Unreal 227 platforms only.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: Suvival Coop beta server up and running...

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 08:48

Glad to see this resurrected again. Was wondering what happened to it from like...almost a year ago I think?

Do you plan on releasing this?
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 09:34

Shivaxi wrote:Glad to see this resurrected again. Was wondering what happened to it from like...almost a year ago I think?

Do you plan on releasing this?

It will hopefully be included withing the 7zip of the new gametype handler by Pravin. If not, oh well I guess your going to have to cache rip it.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011, 10:20

Heh. This is exactly what I need for my RLCoop mod ^^
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.