Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[u1] Unreal PSX

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject: Re: [u1] Unreal PSX

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 14:38

Hellscrag wrote:I find it really surreal that people get so personally caught up in this kind of stuff that online discussions can escalate to this kind of level. Games and the Internet can provide a means of escape when life gets tough, but it shouldn't be allowed to become the single most important aspect of one's life. When a computer game or an online spat becomes a matter of life and death, things have gone way too far. Turn the computer off. Look to your partner, friends or family for support - and if that's not available, then look to the broader community, a doctor or even a church. It will help.

Amen to that. There's more in life than a computer game or b/g-friend. If a computergame takes ALL your time, ALL your interest and ALL of your life, it's indeed time to take a step back. A BIG step that is and get a life without it. You'll find that there's much more to it than the computer game or a relationship with someone that ends. It may seem "all" to you at that moment, but you'll soon enough find out that there's more.. a LOT more. And it's a fun lot more as well.
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 15:19

The fact that everything just blew up right in front of me, despite me having the best intentions, was just one thing too much.

That's why I wanted to send myself to scrap. Funny that you seem to think here that the game is cause to all this.

You got me way wrong.

It's heartbreaks.
It's nervous breakdowns.
It's promises I cannot keep despite trying to.

That's why I've had it.

I'm going to see some doctor about it... But just so you know -- it could have concerned UPSX/FCBP, it could have concerned a book to be written or a simple delivery. The point was, I made a statement, I took some responsibility. And it all goes to scrap right in front of me. I hate the feeling.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 15:57

Hey Delacroix.
This sounds like you took a bit too much hay on your fork. It happens to just about everyone once in a while.
It's a setback but it's also the beginning of a new phase. Don't rush things and whatever you decide to do concerning these games - make sure there's sufficient leeway on all sides AND make sure you enjoy it, when it becomes a burden it's time to review your planning. Contrary to the impression you may have had, most deadlines can be put back without too much problems.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 16:02

Del...
Stop thinking.
Stop "what-if'ing...
Just stop.
I know I'm right.
I've been there.

Try to see life not as a pack of heartbreaks, breakdowns and failures. There's always a second side. I won't believe you failed at everything... Sure, girls are a mystery, no one knows why they do what they do. The thing is, not to care so much. I'm telling you, being a nice guy is a way to self-destruct. About promises... Stop promising, start "Trying to'. It works, I'm telling you xD

And we all are here at your service, at least me. The simple fact is that it's best to open yourself to a total stranger. Why? He is objective, he doesn't look at you through prism of friendship, love, so his advice will be of a most help. I can see that Leo have said a bit too much, or too harsh things... But still, man, don't make enemies. Everything can be solved with simple conversation and argumentation.

Damn I said enough.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 16:18

Ultimately, you just have to try to keep persdective. Life goes on, and there are people in the world enduring much worse things on a daily basis.
Life is what you make of it.

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 16:48

Thanks for not killing yourself...in fact I am taking this very badly and well...I am sweated out, I couldn't sleep and I would need more hours of sleep, but everything hurts and I am feeling like fried toast and that keeps me from falling asleep.
I hope you won't try to kill yourself further. But I can understand your feelings, I had feelings like that often although for bit different reasons. Some people won't understand that and never will. It's not as simple or trivial somtimes as they would imagine.

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010, 15:29

News on the topic: Gigu stepped out of position as skin artist and got replaced by Master Unreal, he has already done a skin for Hari for me, I'm going to include it in E3L6D after I playtest it all.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010, 18:13

Good to see you back, Leo.. and for keeping us updated!
Also glad to see things are getting sorted out.
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

Kaka
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010, 22:06

Delacroix - next time think before you do stuff - thi is like 100th time i see you failing on stuff that other people are involved with - just don't be such an arse, and i know what im saying - let me only say about TCO beta, Last Days stuff... And dont go with heartbrakes and shit with people, youre wasting other peoples time and energy.

As for the Unreal PSX - looking forward to see some the Leos version ( not Delacroix, becuase it will never be released or at least in 'real progress'). So in other words : leave the game if you wanna do what you do, and ffs - get life - its free!

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 00:32

Kaka... Why did you ever speak? Know what? I think I am gonna do the deed anyway. Just to prove you can't say such stuff to people.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 01:05

Goddamn. Just turn the computer off and get some help. No-one should be talking about killing themselves this casually.
Formerly Mman

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 09:24

I meant the pack not cutting my wrists.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 12:00

All I need to say is that if truly that much a part of you is devoted to Unreal, then instead of starting big projects you should instead do like Leo did and make a small SP map of something you would like to play for Unreal. Simple, easy and no time limit or pressure. I'm sure it would make you feel alot better too.

Obviously it would be up to you to make it public or not. Sometimes personal possessions like that can only make a person stronger and more inspired by their own work.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 12:14

Delacroix wrote:I meant the pack not cutting my wrists.

Oops. But anyway, even if you take the PSX stuff in different directions shouldn't you and Leo be coordinated in some way to make it easier for both of you?
Formerly Mman

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010, 12:40

I thought we were. It's my fault we were not. True.

On a side note.

Kaka.

You got some nerve and quite a shitload of idiocy to say stuff like this to me. Especially the part about wasting other people's time and energy.

Look at your TCO. You wasted my time and energy for recording voices you eventually decided to cut... because you want to publish this thing already. And yet it remains unreleased which means all the members' time and energy were wasted to a piece of unreleased... thing... that's sole use so far is... what you called "portfolio from every branch of game design". Don't even start the discussion on that topic.

Yes, I know I screwed up with the beta report and with that LD documentation. The beta stuff -- well, I was new to that back then and I didn't exactly know how things work in betatesting and it's my fault entirely. As for LD... well, it was my deliberate, assholish decision of "payback time" for the wasted time and energy on voice records you cut. Serves you right. I agree, I am an asshole towards you... and will remain one... until you stop being an asshole towards me. The ball is on your side of the field. Your call, pal.

Previous Next