Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

[u1] Unreal PSX

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: [u1] Unreal PSX

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 18:16

Hellscrag wrote:Leo's obviously upset here. Please could anybody wanting counter what he's saying do so without flaming?

Trust me, I was holding back there, because I don't wanna get in trouble. I could have been even more upset and have the right to. Counter anything what I am saying? I don't know how anyone could counter that. Sure, I am still probably not trustful to some people around here and well, I am not surprised given what has happened in past, but I do not know how else to prove myself. I am a honest person not a manipulative liar and I can admit and say what mistakes I made in the forums here in past and how it happened. I am sorry for the troubles in past and the forum "spam" early in 2008 reacting to a post where one member blamed me violating every rule except spam of those links, however it wasn't just me behind it, I only have reposted the links that someone else provided and wrote the entire post instead of me, as a form of final goodbye. It was very childish and I regret those actions and what has led to that. That's it, but it is past and I was truly messed up in that time, I think we can take that behind us, can't we?

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 19:56

Delacroix has been doing other things without permission, he started remaking Shamu Quest without getting consent first.

Shame this project is on hold. As you can represent yourself here now, you could keep it open for just your version?

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 20:02

Yeah I will then...although the real work will not start right now beacsue I got other things on schedule. But slowly progress will be made. It won't take years though, at least I hope so.

I will certainly use some of the stuff those guys made, only I need to get in contact with all of them and see the stuff they made. So far it is qtit and zacman, they showed me the work they have done and some of it conflicts with my work but I can merge it together and use their bits, also qtit is working further on the script for me. He seems to be really skilled, so I am glad he is working on this.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 20:06

Also, are there any legal matters about the PSX version? I mean, the Unreal Beta was simply a beta of a released game, but with this, we're talking about a game that was never released.
ImageImage

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 20:13

Well this is just a mappack using that content and they gave me the permissions, so I don't think there would be legal issues unless some bereucrat would pop up not liking it, but it would likely happen with delacroix's stuff than with mine, since he didn't receive the permissions and he shared the stuff around without me knowing it. I need everyone who worked with delacroix to get in touch with me though so I can check and re-view the stuff. Nothing was submitted to me before from delacroix's side.

TheIronKnuckle can work further on the dm level though, nothing was done with me regarding that...but he should check with me as well.

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 23:22

First of all:

- if you notice E1L1A (Leo's version) readme, there is one or two (perhaps hardly noticeable, but still) BSP bugs unresolved and that's why I decided it has to be started fresh.
- if Leo has at one point thought we agreed to "take turns" in the PSX campaigns... if I made this grave error to claim to have agreed to wait -- or, if I have spoken vaguely enough for it to be understood this way - please accept my sincerest apologies, Leo. We can already see you are way in over your head in this: you are mostly busy with salvaging content and due to your illness, your progress on remaking is slow to none. You cannot, I repeat, cannot be burdened with doing too much stuff, you need to conserve strength. We DID AGREE that everything will be done on a neutral enough basis for you to have only little work left in your own vision of the PSX campaign. You will get results from my teammates' efforts handed through me and you will be pleased with them. That, I guarantee.
- if anyone is upset here with me, just ban me to hell. I didn't want to piss people off. If I did, hell, send me where my place is.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 08:14

The BSP bugs you talk about consist of only a small invisisble block, which is found at countless official maps alone and crashsite1 had that too often, but those can be bypassed and it's not as bad as in crashsite, so I didn't really bother with that, the second bug is this texture hom like thing which is only few units long and is found at a place largely unnoticed by players. And that's it. Given how mess the BSP is, it shouldn't be started from scratch I mean I added more things like custon nali class etc, it isn't wise to throw my version of map away, if you even played the last version.

Besides there are multiple versions of said E1L1 maps too, all are different in some ways.

Yes we agreed on something, but all I saw yesterday is you breaking promises again, you didn't supply me with the content or inform me what people worked for you, I wanted to be first hand on that. All I saw was you hiding things from me and replacing some of my work and I felt deeply hurt by that. Can you understand? Can you understand that I also want to finish my in progress work too and not to be replaced? I am giving chances to people, hell I keep waiting for one skin for months, but I am not singing off the person from it, unless he will say he doesn't want to do it anymore. Can you understand this? Things should get faster pace by now though.
You know it was a shocker for me to see you decided to completely ignore me and go with your version of the campaign after my version is done, but ok I agreed with that, however only after I found out and it wasn't from you, it was from other source.

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 08:19

I also had no information regarding that Leo had already worked on it, if I had (Since as far as I knew Leo knew of my involvement) I would have requested this and wanted to use it as a base (Since E1L1A was a #$%* in places, BSP wise) rather than start over when, from what Leo has said, 90% of the work I would have had to do would had been done. (In future, I will avoid joining large projects unless specifically contacted by the project head.)
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 11:13

I believe you all need to know this.

The decision I have just made is a result of not just the PSX "mess", but of several factors that I had to face and which I could not cope with. Call it a weak mind, but I just can't go on. Treat this as a final note.

Back in April 2009 I had a serious breakdown when I found out that the girl I lived with found herself a new bloke and broke up with me. I found strength to live by engaging myself fully into activities of the Unreal scene, trying to work on the FCBP and various other things.

In September 2009, I met another girl that dumped me after a few months. I then decided that my life needs a closure, but I cannot leave things I started unfinished. That included FCBP.

As we all know, it got canned a few months back thanks to RoninMastaFX' eventual "snap" at me, the fault was entirely mine. Even though we ARE friends again, the mod isn't likely to return.

When in November this year I met yet another "soulmate", I found also some vigor to share with Leo's PSX project -- but as I heard from HybridZ and concurred with that -- the current storyline was far inferior to Unreal's, lacking the feel of isolation that was with us the entire time during the original campaign. I then decided that Leo and I might be better off on separate ways, but I still wanted to share something with him, so I decided that my team will insert the story last, after supplying the raw-but-fixed maps to him.

This ended up as we can see.

I screwed up way too many times, in private life, in online communities, in work, in everything.

I am sick of trying more.

This ends here.

I will now proceed to log off from all the sites I am regged in and tonight I will put a definite closure on my existence. Enough is enough.

Farewell.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 11:25

Seriously wtf, I did not know this, but this is not a reason to kill yourself, c'mon. You made mistakes and that's it and everything wasn't fair to you, but that does not mean you have to put an end to your existence, that's just so wrong dude, don't think like that. If you want you can still do your own version, I only want to put it on hold until I solve other things, which won't take long. Seriously..god..if you will do that then I will put a blame on me, do you want me to live with that?

Just DONT DO IT.

Anyone who has a MSN acess to him or something, please try to stop him ...

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 12:08

I hope Delacroix doesn't do anything stupid... and I don't really suppose he will.

Some wires and some lines have obviously become crossed here, but that's ALL. Honestly, it's a f**king computer game! There is more to life, and anybody taking it all so seriously really needs to step back and spend some time away from their PC - physical / mental health issues or not.

And on this basis, Leo, if anything did happen, it wouldn't be your fault.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 12:10

Hellscrag wrote:I hope Delacroix doesn't do anything stupid... and I don't really suppose he will.

Some wires and some lines have obviously become crossed here, but that's ALL. Honestly, it's a f**king computer game! There is more to life, and anybody taking it all so seriously really needs to step back and spend some time away from their PC - physical / mental health issues or not.

And on this basis, Leo, if anything did happen, it wouldn't be your fault.

Seconded! :tup:

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 12:26

I tried to email him and posted a thread at beyondunreal offtopic alerting to the fact because he posted the same post there as well, people are trying to talk him off it, but it seems he won't go back and see it. :(

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 12:27

I find it really surreal that people get so personally caught up in this kind of stuff that online discussions can escalate to this kind of level. Games and the Internet can provide a means of escape when life gets tough, but it shouldn't be allowed to become the single most important aspect of one's life. When a computer game or an online spat becomes a matter of life and death, things have gone way too far. Turn the computer off. Look to your partner, friends or family for support - and if that's not available, then look to the broader community, a doctor or even a church. It will help.

Life is what you make of it.

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 14:01

Hellscrag wrote: Honestly, it's a f**king computer game! There is more to life, and anybody taking it all so seriously really needs to step back and spend some time away from their PC - physical / mental health issues or not.

Seriously, this.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

Previous Next