Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Unreal-Search:Prelude

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010, 13:31

Just how much new content is there in this thing? I don't really have the time for a masterquest version of RTNP :P I might play it later, but it'd be nice to know how much new story/content I'll be seeing.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 18:38

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Just how much new content is there in this thing? I don't really have the time for a masterquest version of RTNP :P I might play it later, but it'd be nice to know how much new story/content I'll be seeing.

you will end up seeing quite a bit of new content in this pack. For example, when you go to the switch to unlock the teleporter in Gala's Peak, you will have to go through a mercenary base inside the mountain. There is also the skaarj ship that you will go into in the end.

Oh btw, does anyone know how to get the Nightlord out of his cage thingy on the uskaarjshiplord map? I bounced all over the map, picked up the mines and everything, but he still won't come out of there! Does anyone know how to beat this level?

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010, 23:46

Alright will play.... :lol:
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010, 22:45

ok, I'm not even sure if I'm at the ending or not, but I'm on the Small Skaarj fighter jet, and there are a crap-ton of buttons to push. Is this the way the game ends?: just push buttons and have fun? or is there a level past this?

asgard12000
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2010, 00:40

Use the codebox... :)
UMSSpaceMarine, Jurassic, MonsterSpawn, AKcoop, Spinner, Predator, RTNP2U, Firestorm

dinwitty

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Mar 2010, 13:21

Very odd on the errant crashing into the bats...oopsydo. Good thing they are mostly out of the way.

The NaliCastle map is NOT the last map, and your right he just dissappears.
And your right, some things are there JUST to annoy you.

I recall playing Gothic and you are having fun whatever, and then along comes this one guy who annoys you like a prick.. and I go...oh why did they put this in the game...oh,..haha

Releasing the Nightlord, it forces you to look into his little cage to see whats happenning, when you get to the right position looking in the Nightlord will see you and open the cage, its battletime, be sure to check the victim, its a storyline key.

Cryox may not the greatest level but I felt it had to go in it ties other areas in more corretly. The fixes I did in that map are massive.

Once you get the suit you shouldnt die in the nitrogen at all except for enemies, BTW you should be speedier in nitrogen than in water.
That helps get thru the map better.

But once you played Cryox thru a few times you will get thru it pretty fast.

The first level you can't get thru the door, or so it seems, you have to wait for something to open it. The lift you can ride down or walk down, I added Tarydium crystals, if your bored, try shooting some for fun....

Oh, BTW for some of the first few levels, playing on easy/normal the creature encounters are one thing, go to hard and unreal difficulties and its different.

Be sure to try the Codebox in the crazest places, something could happen....

It looks like people are finding their way into Cryox from Hub6, thats a tricky find, the obvioius entrance is impossible!!

Hub6 the ship had no interior, I added all of that, there was more I wanted to do in that map, well, there ya go...

seeker3
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: Unreal-Search:Prelude

Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010, 19:16

Ok,I just decided to play this again and I'm stuck already.Can someone tell me how to activate the transporter in the first map? And also is there a walkthrough for this anywhere? I'm googling right now but so far no luck,thanks:)

Edit:Never mind figured it out,still be nice to have a walkthrough tho:)

seeker3
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 06 Sep 2010, 23:14

Can anyone tell me how to get the darklord out of the cage in the Nightlord map?

dinwitty

Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010, 05:22

the -only- way is to look into the caged area, and scan around, once the nightlord sees you, the games afoot, and the nightlord ain't gonna like his disturbance!!

(its my force to get you to look inside to see whats happenning)

the codebox is the key in the scoutship, don't lose it, be sure you save.

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010, 21:01

Played it through now (version 1.1). I don't think, I will play it a 2nd time - I would play Return to Na Pali instead.

My first play experience of the 1st real level (UDuskFalls):
I came out - and saw a BSP error. I wanted to go further - and was blocked by a BSP error. I came too a closed door (the krall didn't open it) - had to ghost through it. I encountered 2 raiders in a hut - shooted through them. It took me 10 minutes to kill them - their CollisionRadius was set to 4!!! I encountered a brute, which was attacked by predators - but he didn't defend himself. Next to the Brute flies - standing still.

I think many people would have abandoned it after encountering this, but not me. Honestly, the following levels are not that worse. But I expect that a remake, which doesn't use new objects, movers or textures, should be more different in comparison to the original and should be free of gameplay flaws.

The most annoying thing is, that many added pawns have no orders. They do noting and don't react, when you come from behind. The implementation of the raiders is very bad. Their low collision radius and permanent-sidewards-moving decrease the fun for single player. Unreal Search Prelude isn't consistent in difficulty. I needed some time to notice, that there are dropped down ammo boxes, since they look like the undestroyable ones. Sometimes my inventory (items and weapons!) disappeared. I don't have anything against adding unused content from Unreal Beta. But why Cryox? Soledad, Morose or Nexus would have been a better choice.

The added content is most time low polygon. And the levels often seem to be too big. I hated most to push these 9 buttons (which only react when you have activated another before) in the icy UAbyss. This took me 10 minutes. Sometimes you have to wait too long until a dispatcher causes an event. You don't have to kill the NightLord or plant all mines to get to the next level.

The best new content is UArcane(a remade DM-map). Interesting layout, good movement paths and I liked very much the rocket-firing and flame-throwing Kralls. I also liked to see new trees and butterflies, which sometimes beautified Na Pali (but they appeared a little out of place)

Questions:
I didn't manage to end the last level (hack/destroy panels). I have only used one CodeBox before, namely in UCrashSite. Can somebody tell me, if there are further levels, where you can use them? And can somebody tell me, from which game the new u2rtnp.u pawns (like bats, butterflies and raptors) come from?

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010, 16:43

integration wrote:
I think many people would have abandoned it after encountering this, but not me.

You certainly put up with it longer than I did.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010, 12:26

Mister_Prophet wrote:
integration wrote:
I think many people would have abandoned it after encountering this, but not me.

You certainly put up with it longer than I did.

I thought it was acceptable except for the boss ending, which I thought was a bit crappy due to much too unclear as to what has to be done (voicebox? what voicebox? I didn't have a use for it before and where is that thing now and if I find it again how the F***, and when do I use it). I didn't have the crashes mentioned by others.

Previous