Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

[RELEASED] Unreal: Forgotten Version 1.3

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sinistral
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010, 02:35

the 15-20 skaarj at the bridge was probabaly the hardest part of the pack

There were only 10.

If it was so easy why did you post earlier saying the level needed more health? :P

User avatar Pyronious
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010, 12:24

i second that, the map pack lacked health in the beginning :( later there was more health on hided spots, but still not enough.
Nice map pack though :) very nice.
i remember playing it a while back or atleast very similar.. mapnames were
    level1
    level2
    level3
    level4
    level5

they are very similar :)

User avatar Sinistral

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010, 18:59

second that, the map pack lacked health in the beginning later there was more health on hided spots, but still not enough.

Respectually I must disagree, you crash land on the planet barely alive, it's supposed to be a hardship to survive, not a walk along blast everthing in sight trek in the park! :) If you pick and choose the enemies you engage, while collecting the armour, sheild belts and megahealths that are hidden in various parts of the early levels it's actually easily done, even on unreal difficulty. It all comes down to style of play.

Nice map pack though very nice.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed playing it.

i remember playing it a while back or atleast very similar.. mapnames were

level1
level2
level3
level4
level5

It sounds like you downloaded the "Sinistral_unfinished_SP_pack.zip" that I released on Old Unreal several months back. I'm sure you'll agree it's much improved since then. :-)

User avatar Pyronious
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 00:55

yea that was it! :D and yes i agree on the improvements, very nice:)

User avatar Sinistral

Subject:

Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010, 03:59

Hmm I've just discovered a Cooperative bug that makes level4 not the best for coop. It seems that in Coop mode that the "makenalifriendly" actor doesn't seem to work. As a result, any aggression toward the nali from any playerpawn makes the nali display his fear animations and because of this the nali never triggers the event that allows you to open the gate at the very end. It's strange. This still happens although the alarmpoint he is set to is bnofail true. In SP, even if he's afraid of you, he will still do this. but not in MP.

Does anyone know if this a known Coop game-mode bug or am I missing something?

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 02:29

Great job sinistral. It's interesting how the levels progress, from fairly basic in levels 1-3, to totally epic in level 4, to quite intricate, interactive, AND epic in the last two levels.

Really though, lovely map pack. I hope that it gets an UnrealSP review.
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 13:17

Just FYI, I've started playing this with a view to reviewing it. One playable map done so far and it's taken me about 30 mins, exploring it and dying a couple of times. I think your estimate of "45 minutes" in the readme may be a bit of an underestimate. :P

...I know Xenome was released first and hasn't been reviewed yet, but I wanted to tackle something shorter. I don't have a lot of time at the moment.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Sinistral

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 22:06

LOL_PEANUTS wrote:Great job sinistral. It's interesting how the levels progress, from fairly basic in levels 1-3, to totally epic in level 4, to quite intricate, interactive, AND epic in the last two levels.

Really though, lovely map pack. I hope that it gets an UnrealSP review.

Thanks LOL_PEANUTS, I really appreciate your kind comments and I'm glad you had fun playing the pack. levels 2-3 really represent the most early work I did on this pack. I'm still learning new things everytime I open Unrealed, so hopefully things can only get better.

Just FYI, I've started playing this with a view to reviewing it. One playable map done so far and it's taken me about 30 mins, exploring it and dying a couple of times. I think your estimate of "45 minutes" in the readme may be a bit of an underestimate.

...I know Xenome was released first and hasn't been reviewed yet, but I wanted to tackle something shorter. I don't have a lot of time at the moment.

Yeah, I guess it was a little larger than I thought. I guess it's difficult being the mapper, I know where everything is, the quickest way through the maps etc. I guess it all depends on how you play the levels as well, some people just want to run-shoot-run to the next level, barely stopping to look around them. Personally when I play custom maps I like to explore all the nooks and crannies in the level, looking for the secrets, seeing everything there is to see, I think you could possibly be similar to myself in this regard Hellscrag.

I'm very pleased at the thought of the pack being reviewed and look forward to reading it (be gentle though lol)

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010, 23:16

Sinistral wrote:(be gentle though lol)

Sorry, that's not how it works. 8)

Don't expect the review too immediately, as I have other significant stuff that I'm working on (not Unreal-related) that is taking a lot of my time at the moment. It could take up to a week or two, but I'm taking lots of notes as I go to be sure that I remember everything.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010, 22:35

Considering no one else has mentioned it am I to take it that the storm in level 3 isn't supposed to make the lighting like a disco? It's only an issue in a couple of areas, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a fix.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010, 22:50

Mman wrote:Considering no one else has mentioned it am I to take it that the storm in level 3 isn't supposed to make the lighting like a disco? It's only an issue in a couple of areas, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a fix.

I've had that too, in levels 3 and 4. Quite annoying!

User avatar Sinistral

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010, 00:23

Hellscrag wrote:
Mman wrote:Considering no one else has mentioned it am I to take it that the storm in level 3 isn't supposed to make the lighting like a disco? It's only an issue in a couple of areas, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a fix.

I've had that too, in levels 3 and 4. Quite annoying!

Sounds like you are playing in the original direct3d renderer. Try openGL.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010, 00:48

Sinistral wrote:Sounds like you are playing in the original direct3d renderer. Try openGL.

I am using OpenGL, though... haven't used D3D in years... it's not just the light effect that's constant, it's the sound, too.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010, 16:07

Hellscrag wrote:
Sinistral wrote:Sounds like you are playing in the original direct3d renderer. Try openGL.

I am using OpenGL, though... haven't used D3D in years... it's not just the light effect that's constant, it's the sound, too.

haven't played it.. I always use opengl as well.
I hope it's not a disco effect like "ha ha ha ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive... :P "

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010, 16:37

I use Direct3D 9, since it seems to work better than OpenGL in Windows 7.

Previous Next