Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

DM PLAYTESTING SESSION AT 5PM GMT

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: DM PLAYTESTING SESSION AT 5PM GMT

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 15:54

I've got a gameplay skeleton alpha of my current UT99 deathmatch project DM-Ascendence ready for play-testing, but I have little acquaintances to play it with. So I ask you guys to help me out with this. Can you join my server at around 5PM GMT (two hours from now) in order to provide feedback on the map? It currently not really detailed apart from some ONP style lighting, because I need to nail down the layout perfectly before proceeding with leetification of the map.

Please join sana.servegame.com in UT99 v436 at ~5PM GMT to play DM-Ascendence_a2. Thanks to .:..: the server has a HTTP redirect, so you will be able to download the needed files quickly. Thanks in advance!
Oh, and I've put the server up already, so you can check the map out right now if you want. I just delayed the session itself so more people read this and join in.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 16:54

For those who can not (through time reasons).. could you upload some screenshots? (der Mapname höhrt sich voll fett an... does not make big sense to translate that)
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

User avatar ividyon

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 17:06

It looks horrible, because I haven't done anything for the visuals yet. I focused on getting a playable and fun layout first. :P

Image Image Image Image Image

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 17:41

I see, you wanna make something WOT like? However, layout looks sexy, I like shot 1 at most.
But WHY do you use the console command for making shots, you know you could just press F9 [default] instead (even without the text message)?

User avatar ividyon

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 17:57

Well, come on in then! PLEAAASE! I wanna finish at least one map in my procrastinating life...

EDIT:
ARRRG... as usual I screwed up by forgetting to upload ONPFootsteps.uax to the web host, and now the owner is afk.. :| ONPFootsteps will take years to download. Try getting it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?gumwywzedig

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 18:32

ONP Footsteps? Is this actually working with DM (and online)?

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 19:14

I don't think there were ever any custom footstep sounds when I was there. If you intend for this map to be played online a lot, it's kinda superfluous to include, unless you just want to add atmosphere to the offline version.

User avatar ividyon

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Nov 2009, 19:22

It's because I used 1-2 textures from ONP texture packages, which all come with custom footstep sounds. I don't think I actually used any ONP ground textures. Obviously all that stuff will be mylevel'd upon the proper release.

Thanks for joining btw, you two! Looks like there isn't really much balancing work left to do before I can begin doing the eye-candy. Though I'm sure not looking forward to UE1 lighting...