Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Unreal Podcast 2 (In Production)

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Unreal Podcast 2 (In Production)

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 00:44

Hope it's been long enough for a second podcast...I already have the next interviews, and some music.

However I need some more music from anyone who's willing to contribute, otherwise it'll be mostly things that I or Peanuts have made :P

Remember, music MUST be created by yourself, or someone who plays Unreal and is active in this community. No Green Day, Rob Zombie, or David Bowie...sorry lol. (someone sent me something like that last time, so I'm just being clear)

I'd also like some ideas of how the podcast should play out/the content in it. This isn't MY podcast...this is the Unreal Community's podcast...so everyone is free to contribute. I'm simply the guy willing to record and put it together :rolleyes:

I'm already adopting the idea mentioned before of having a few songs in between the interviews themselves, as to cut down some suspense, and people skipping through the podcast just to get to the interviews :P

And any other mods relating to Unreal that you'd like to hear more about, please lemme know and who the authors are so I can contact them and get the inside scoop :wink:

So yeah...suggestions, tunes, doo eet. 8)
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 01:29

I have a song compiled into a UMX file, but I don't know what it was from. Definitely not from any major mod, maybe just one map that no one knows about for deathmatch or something. Whatever it was from, It's GREAT! It's called sonic3. The song was placed into the UMX file, but it is not a tracker song. Cheaply imported into an IT file or something. I had to edit out the infamous silence at the end of the song, plus I amplified it since it's so quiet by default. If this is OK, let me know, and I'll send it to you, Shiv.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 02:50

Not sure...Sonic3 sounds like it was a song taken from the Sonic games...especially since u mentioned it's not an original tracker file and was imported from a third party media file.

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 02:56

It sounds nothing like a Sonic music file. It's a very heavy steel techno track. Nothing like what they have in any Sonic game I've ever played. I'll PM it to you if you want to listen to it.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 03:23

I can provide you some... 2? Or some...

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 03:34

anything mate...u know where to reach me :wink:

nikosv
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 04:06

Ah, wonderful. As for ideas...

Perhaps we could interview each other for WTF Series 2— insert rolleyes. On another note, maybe some interviews that don't just hype people up about singleplayer campaigns would be good. An interview with Smirftsch about 227 would be cool.

Music— I'm working on some stuff. Useful maybe.
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

User avatar aalien

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 16:39

I'll look forward to the podcast. Your first one was definitely worth a listen. :tup:

LOL_PEANUTS wrote:An interview with Smirftsch about 227 would be cool.
Sounds good. :tup:

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 17:02

since i never sent you my song for the first then I will send you it now. where to send?! :O

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 19:04

LOL_PEANUTS wrote:An interview with Smirftsch about 227 would be cool.

Yes that would be cool. It's been pretty quiet lately around that patch IMO..

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2009, 21:23

Maybe a list of who is being interviewed on this one? I think getting some stuff on 227 might be a good idea (Although I'm far more interested in mapping projects, myself).

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 00:22

Peanuts is just being stupid. He knows I'm already going to interview Smirf on 227 :P

@Zombiehunter: You can upload your song to www.sendspace.com and then PM me the link...that's probably the easiest way :wink:

To answer Mr.Prophet's question, Rarsonic is being interviewed on Nature Temple, Smirf is being interviewed on 227, and I'm being interviewed on WTF Series 2.

Peanuts will interview me in the same style as I interview everyone else.

User avatar zbreaker

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 03:17

Looking forward to the next podcast....first one was good...some rough edges production wise...but very good as far as content :tup:
Old as Dirt

nikosv

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 04:57

Hopefully a lot of the production shits will be resolved this time around— namely better mixing, so you won't have to change the volume between pre-recorded interviews and the live bits. Perhaps we could even broadcast the final recording session (after all, Shiv and I do go about it in such a way that it could easily be broadcasted live), and then not release the .MP3 for a couple days to punish those who didn't tune in live.

I think we should have more interviews like the planned one on 227 because the podcasts shouldn't just be about the mappacks. True, the podcast is mainly for UnrealSPers, but I'm sure we can come up with something else for the Old-Unreal croud as well.
Current Project: None. WTFs2 had to go to sleep, RIP.

I still sometimes sculpt PS2-style terrain by hand with Blender 3. Some passions always linger.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009, 12:38

I asked for the Podcast 2 production thread on Oldunreal to be deleted, since nobody there is taking it seriously, and it's just getting spammed. So whatever...

And I don't think it's a matter of "content for USP vs content for OU". The same mapping production threads are on both forums in most cases, and when we talked about Mental Hunter's Postal 2 conversion to Unreal, I believe he only started a thread about that on OU and my forum.

So I don't care where the project is mostly located around...if it has to do with the original Unreal (including SP maps for Oldskool too of course) then we should include it on the Podcast.

Next