Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[ut] Vandoras Secret Passage

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009, 22:41

Dont think I forget what happened some weeks ago. Really I thought you would be a little bit clever and would not dare to post in my thread here.
If this board software would support "ignore lists" I promise you would be put on there.

@Waff: Thanks buddy. :tup:
Last edited by Creavion on 16 Aug 2009, 22:46, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009, 22:43

jackrabbit wrote:this project looks cool.. i'll be glad to include this one on my HD when its release time :tup:

I like your avatar Creavion 8)

Stay classy, jackrabbit. Very classy.

Serious answer: GROW UP ALREADY.

Kaka
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 00:44

Faked Levelstreamingsystem (so far unconfirmed) - How would that work and what's the purpose of it?? Pics look cool indeed, waiting for the lit versions of the outdoor areas. Keep up the good work.

Creavion wrote:Dont think I forget what happened some weeks ago. Really I thought you would be a little bit clever and would not dare to post in my thread here.
If this board software would support "ignore lists" I promise you would be put on there.

Wow, did I miss something interesting lol :lol: ??

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 01:44

User avatar zacman

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 06:18

Kaka wrote:Faked Levelstreamingsystem (so far unconfirmed) - How would that work and what's the purpose of it?? Pics look cool indeed, waiting for the lit versions of the outdoor areas. Keep up the good work.

Creavion wrote:Dont think I forget what happened some weeks ago. Really I thought you would be a little bit clever and would not dare to post in my thread here.

Wow, did I miss something interesting lol :lol: ??

"Interesting" is not the word I would use...
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 12:09

Yeah... lost & secret passages of Vandora... OH MY GOD HOW BIG IS THAT TEMPLE!!!!! It must span at least three miles. :shock: It probably links directly onto the temple of velora it is so big. :rolleyes: Couldn't you have made a secret passage of Velora or something different for a change, Vandora is old news :P

Although, I am looking forwards to this. :tup:

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 13:54

@Kaka: Well I designed a concept how it could work and gave that to Ferali, he confirmed, "yepp it could work exactly how you imagine it"
(although he would do certain thingsy better, of course). It has something to do with the Inventory. The inventory is normally the only thing the player can carry above the level limit.
However it is faked only because no save stats for older levels would be loaded or so. Certain "InfoInventoryActors" would have to kill already killed pawns or already collected pickups for example. Anyway, my concept idea pretty simple, if Ferali would script that, he would do certain things better than I descripted.

@LL222: Velora would be also a good option, but it is not included in the original unreal episode, so I would have to include the RTNP weapons as well.

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 20:04

[spoiler screenshot]

Later I will also add around the small lakes some cattails and so, whatever should fit there.
I also installed today the rpg "Gothic" again, for the case I need some landscape design ideas. I just love how Piranha bytes made out of the mine valley.

[/spoiler screenshot]

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009, 20:34

Looking good so far, though that one ledge looks a bit too square to be natural. The texture blending is very nicely done though :tup:

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009, 11:19

Waffnuffly wrote:Looking good so far, though that one ledge looks a bit too square to be natural. The texture blending is very nicely done though :tup:

Deleted already the upper one and lowered the lower one more to the ground, should look better now.

BTW 1: First Post updated
BTW 2: Wanted to show you this,
Dont know if any of you know Adventure Pinball: Forgotten Island
However, it also includes a GenEarth Texture package, although it is a lot of smaller and includes some other textures as well.
But in one of the other texure packages, I found (a very long time ago) this texture here:
Actually you can count this textures as official jungle ground version of the GenEarth gras, because there is also a basic green gras version which IS a coloured changed genearth gras texture.
Anyway my custom texture pack of this small mappack will support S3TC and so our side admin started after my request with some texture materials I gave him the highres version of that texture:
http://www.abload.de/img/cgreenjugrass2highbeta39zt.jpg

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 11:56

No comment? Was the update to small to loose a word about it, do you prefer bigger updates (which means longer waiting times for updates) or whats up?
You guys can also make a small wish list, if you want to see certain thingies in this small project, I would try to consider whats possible.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009, 23:02

Creavion wrote:No comment? Was the update to small to loose a word about it, do you prefer bigger updates (which means longer waiting times for updates) or whats up?
You guys can also make a small wish list, if you want to see certain thingies in this small project, I would try to consider whats possible.

Probably the weekend got in the way of many.

Frankly the size of the update isn't important at all. What interests me the most is knowing the project is progressing - a screenshot here and there would be nice, but don't give too much away - make sure the awe strikes us when it's released :tup:

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009, 14:00

Ok, so from now on, only an update per month I think. Will keep that in mind.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009, 22:13

Preview shots describe the type of Unreal environments I want to go through right now.
ImageImage

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009, 13:15

Thx UBers, at least one :rolleyes:

[spoiler screenshot]

Spoiler text:
This area includes a pretty well hidden Super Health, but in order to get it you have to find something before, you might already know what it could be?! The flames out of the lava are very deadly, to be exactly: Instant Death, nothing can protect you against them. So, its important to time your jumps well. Since the map is a "Nalilord" Redux, many things there are similar, however you will not encounter a/the warlord there. In fact you will not meet any enemy there. Some other jump and run passages are waiting for you there.

[/spoiler screenshot]

Previous Next