Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Firsties!

For questions and discussion about UnrealEd, UnrealScript, and other aspects of Unreal Engine design.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2007, 19:36

NicolasEymerich wrote:At first, you need to find a woman (or a man, but it's a matter of taste).

not really... to build one, you need one of each kind. So a man and a woman. You need to read the "Build Mappers for Dummies" more carefully, Nicolas!
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Derdak2rot
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2007, 22:39

that was scary , i thought the forum was gone forever until i saw the front page :P welcome meh !! :D

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 05:29

Make no mistake about it, this thread was never intended to be about spam. I never care about post counts. I just saw that this topic was empty, so I gave it some love. No spam here. Honest. As Leslie Nielsen would say, "Nothing to see here. Please disperse!"

NicolasEymerich wrote:
LightningHunter wrote:Someone tell me how to create mappers.

well... it's a long story. At first, you need to find a woman (or a man, but it's a matter of taste). Then, after a while, maybe after a touching movie or an expensive night out, well... do you know about bees and flowers? Yes, it's completely different.
After nine months, more or less, you've got a walking headache that keeps you awake at night, pees, cries, shouts and does anything evil minds do whenever he wants to. And you can't do anything, since he/she simply doesn't understand you unless you say something like "da, da" and "du, du" at which he/she looks at you and his/her expression looks like "WTFLOL?".
Then, this being grows. If left alone, it can develop in anything, from a politician, to a doctor, to a lawyer, to an astronaut, or maybe a sportsman. But no, you want him to be a mapper, so while he/she is still young, and plasmable, read him/her stories about the ugly BSP gnome, or the Boogeyman behind the HOM. Tell him/her that if her classmates call him/her names, then he will rebuild them. With no optimization.
Buy him/her a pc, the complete Unreal/UT/UT2kx/UTIII collection, all the books by Hourences (with leather cover, if available), leave FragnBrag as his/her tutor, build up a homemade server, grant him/her a BeyondUnreal life premium membership (complete with golden plate with "Cool, huh?" written on it). Then, maybe, he/she will become a mapper.

Well, maybe.

Oh, and .... +1?

:lol:
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Ultimate Weasel

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 16:32

NicolasEymerich wrote:
LightningHunter wrote:Someone tell me how to create mappers.

well... it's a long story. At first, you need to find a woman (or a man, but it's a matter of taste). Then, after a while, maybe after a touching movie or an expensive night out, well... do you know about bees and flowers? Yes, it's completely different.
After nine months, more or less, you've got a walking headache that keeps you awake at night, pees, cries, shouts and does anything evil minds do whenever he wants to. And you can't do anything, since he/she simply doesn't understand you unless you say something like "da, da" and "du, du" at which he/she looks at you and his/her expression looks like "WTFLOL?".
Then, this being grows. If left alone, it can develop in anything, from a politician, to a doctor, to a lawyer, to an astronaut, or maybe a sportsman. But no, you want him to be a mapper, so while he/she is still young, and plasmable, read him/her stories about the ugly BSP gnome, or the Boogeyman behind the HOM. Tell him/her that if her classmates call him/her names, then he will rebuild them. With no optimization.
Buy him/her a pc, the complete Unreal/UT/UT2kx/UTIII collection, all the books by Hourences (with leather cover, if available), leave FragnBrag as his/her tutor, build up a homemade server, grant him/her a BeyondUnreal life premium membership (complete with golden plate with "Cool, huh?" written on it). Then, maybe, he/she will become a mapper.

Well, maybe.

Oh, and .... +1?

At least make sure to rebuild him properly, and DON'T DELETE HIS BRUSHES. It'll make life hard for him if he breaks something.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 20:02

Guys... You rock balls...

+1... Yay :D

User avatar GenMoKai

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007, 22:25

i dont get it any more

-1 :(

User avatar Hyper

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2007, 09:08

Just clicky on the OpenGL DLL file, select open with notepad, draw a nice map in ASCII art, save it and run it with Unreal.exe to get a great map rendered in OpenGL.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Nov 2007, 14:48

Hyper wrote:Just clicky on the OpenGL DLL file, select open with notepad, draw a nice map in ASCII art, save it and run it with Unreal.exe to get a great map rendered in OpenGL.

I should try that out.. maybe I DO have mapping skills after all! :tup:
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

Previous