Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

23/02/2009 - "Ride with me" by Tonnberry

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Sat42, Jigoku, UB_

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: 23/02/2009 - "Ride with me" by Tonnberry

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009, 09:11

Map Title: Ride With Me
Author: Paul 'Tonnberry' Fahss
Filename: np12tonberry.unr
Video Playthrough: http://video.gotgame.com/index.php/vide ... e_With_Me_
ImageImage

Synopsis: Mercenary base defended, time to move on. Try to get through some kind of transit system without getting hurt too much!

Discuss!

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009, 11:11

The ridiculously fast elevator was sort of fun :o It was pretty much a filler map though, if I remember correctly.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009, 15:09

Dont' remember much from the screenies.. Do you ride that cablething in the first shot? I remember it was only connected in 1 or 2 places.... not really sturdy if you ask me.. :P
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009, 15:17

Darkon wrote:Dont' remember much from the screenies.. Do you ride that cablething in the first shot? I remember it was only connected in 1 or 2 places.... not really sturdy if you ask me.. :P

Just a long ride between two places, with some scripted events featuring flying Skaarj shuttles trying to blast you with missiles.

Pretty much the map can be resumed in: super-fast ride in a tunnel, laser deactivation in an outpost full of dead bodies, ride on the moving cable, some Skaarj Gunners in an area with a lava lake and that is.

A very simple transitory map; and I have to say, it's enjoyable than the mess of the previous Mercenary map.
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009, 19:07

A filler map, as Frieza has correctly surmised. Some cool scripted scenes during the second ride, and the first ride (down the endless tunnel) is pretty cool too.

UBerserker wrote:...and I have to say, it's enjoyable than the mess of the previous Mercenary map.

Oh heck yes...
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Jethro

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009, 23:16

Short yet memorable. Not much combat here, but those lifts... especially the first one! (I still don't understand how those Skaarj shuttles could have missed the static rails....).
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009, 19:41

I'm using Gotgame now, which is what GameVee is replaced by (including deleting videos with no notification :rolleyes: ) . The HUD seems to be cut off at the moment, I'll leave it a little as it may just be still encoding in some way, but if it persists I might go back to Dailymotion, tell me if it's right for you. I also added a video to last weeks MOTW.

Pretty much just a string of set-pieces with little substance, its placement actually works perfectly though; a string of cool set-pieces is just the break needed after the monotomy of the Merc base, and its also a good lead in to the much more substantial Sharuk Crossing.

The fast ride is pretty awesome though, the second lift can be a bit buggy though as the rockets can sometimes hit the cart and kill you.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009, 20:37

So where was the problem with using YouTube again?
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Semfry

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009, 21:46

No point if I can get better quality elsewhere with no downsides bar popularity (which Dailymotion currently provides, and Gotgame may do better if this video size issue can be resolved).

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009, 23:37

Oh I don't know, it's just that YouTube has HD and usual high quality and you seem to be switching providers a lot, so I wondered whether there was a problem with it. For me it hosts videos really well.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Semfry

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009, 23:49

I put plenty of videos on Youtube as I do consider popularity essential for many of them, but for more insular things like MOTW I prefer to focus on uploaders with the best video quality and more forgiving upload limits (unless that has been modified now). Also, I'm pretty sure Dailymotion, Gamevee and Gotgame (the latter being gamevee taken over) are the only ones I've used for MOTW, so I'm not sure where "lots" comes from.

On the other hand, Youtube does seem to be upping quality (with stuff like HD and the high quality option) lately...

User avatar Punisher
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009, 00:05

When I ride that thing, it gives me that effect with my Peni.......*We are experiencing technical Difficulties, please come back Later*...........and sometimes I fly off when it stops and I land on my face, oww that hurts. At the second lift be sure to stay in the middle of it, because during the cutscene if your on the ledge of it then you'll slide off and fall to your doom. Save your game before getting on it, sometimes it's a bug where it doesnt move right when you step onto it and have to wait a minute for it. :tdown: :shake:
http://www.gta4.net/weapons/

It has all funniest weapons, in the war on Terror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egeNrthYW20

Liquor, Guns, and Fun.

User avatar Punisher
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009, 00:26

Jethro wrote:Short yet memorable. Not much combat here, but those lifts... especially the first one! (I still don't understand how those Skaarj shuttles could have missed the static rails....).
Because they have bad aiming and pretend they cant hit the rail, I mean seriously, it's a single rail in the middle of air being linked by 2 stations, how could they possibly miss a poor defenseless rail, how sad. :lol:
http://www.gta4.net/weapons/

It has all funniest weapons, in the war on Terror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egeNrthYW20

Liquor, Guns, and Fun.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009, 17:59

Punisher wrote:
Jethro wrote:Short yet memorable. Not much combat here, but those lifts... especially the first one! (I still don't understand how those Skaarj shuttles could have missed the static rails....).
Because they have bad aiming and pretend they cant hit the rail, I mean seriously, it's a single rail in the middle of air being linked by 2 stations, how could they possibly miss a poor defenseless rail, how sad. :lol:

Try doing the same thing with a Redeemer's primary fire. It's actually hard.
ImageImage

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009, 22:45

UBerserker wrote:Try doing the same thing with a Redeemer's primary fire. It's actually hard.

No.

Next