Scout-kun is a lie... right?

lool

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: lool

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2007, 13:24

Stupid Falling Leaf DX10. Should I have installed Vista instead of XP during assembly? Well, I WAS free to pick... :shy:

UEd4 looks and feels completely different. I'm getting the same kind of overwhelmedness I get from Blender and Maya. I guess I should just fall back and stay with good ol' UEd2 and UE1 games.

wael
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: lool

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2007, 15:41

GTD-Carthage wrote:UEd4 looks and feels completely different. I'm getting the same kind of overwhelmedness I get from Blender and Maya. I guess I should just fall back and stay with good ol' UEd2 and UE1 games.

You lazy arse, hit the tutorials and start cranking out maps for UT3 DAMNIT!
Actually blender is really easy, it's just learning the hotkeys and stuff. I feel a lot more comfortable in blender than in 3ds max, i feel it's much more mapper friendly. And i bet UE4 is seems just as overwhelming as UE2.0 seemed when you first started learning it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Nov 2007, 22:17

Ued4 of UT3 is incredible. GOW's one is trash.
ImageImage

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 29 Nov 2007, 01:43

Aren't there any beginner tutorials for UEd4? :( Video tutorials sux0rs. I don't even know how to add bad guys, decorations, or even figure out where the premade textures are located. And I keep getting this null material references for object error everytime I hit rebuild.

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 30 Nov 2007, 02:24

I've noticed that all packages have been crudely jammed into one single container file called the UPK. Which is crappy because if you load up too much content into the Editor, it eventually crashes. Is there no program out there that allows remotely viewing the package's contents like in the old Unreal Office?

I've gotten answers to most my earlier questions (I forced myself to watch video tutorials with non-spontaneous narrator voices) so I therefore show me first functioning not-a-cube GoW (and basically on all of UE3) map: :D

[Edit]
Okay, forget that earlier shot. :P Here's a better one. Tweaked lighting + more decorations after I've found out there's an "unload button" in the Generic Browser.