Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

Photo hosting site recommendations

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Photo hosting site recommendations

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019, 16:01

Hey people,

Anyone got a recommended place for hosting images? something which can easily allow me to share/display pics here without having the name of the site superimposed on screenshots. (Photobucket has become more and more cumbersome over the years...)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Photo hosting site recommendations

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019, 17:10

Hey, I can always recommend abload.de. The pictures stay forever, there's no watermark, it's fast and for free. Some people also use dropbox which has the same features and can be used not only for pictures (but I'm not sure if you can embed them so easily).
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019, 17:44

editor Dave wrote:Hey, I can always recommend abload.de. The pictures stay forever, there's no watermark, it's fast and for free. Some people also use dropbox which has the same features and can be used not only for pictures (but I'm not sure if you can embed them so easily).

Yo thanks for the suggestion Dave! already created my account there :)
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019, 17:54

Sat42 wrote:
editor Dave wrote:Hey, I can always recommend abload.de. The pictures stay forever, there's no watermark, it's fast and for free. Some people also use dropbox which has the same features and can be used not only for pictures (but I'm not sure if you can embed them so easily).

I used imgur since 2014 and so far no problems with randomly deleted pictures.
My oldest and only album is still there: https://imgur.com/gallery/LURwW
M'nali

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019, 18:01

Diego96 wrote:
Sat42 wrote:

I used imgur since 2014 and so far no problems with randomly deleted pictures.
My oldest and only album is still there: https://imgur.com/gallery/LURwW

Nice! Hard to believe that they've managed to mod Quake this far, even with the knowledge that the modding community has vastly upgraded the engine and renderers! :o