This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

A Summons to Gears of War for PC SP map making

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008, 23:12

Hellscrag wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:(projects made for games other than U/UT have to relate to the story to qualify for coverage on this site).

So.. what about projects for UT2kx,UT3,U2 etc..?
Or is GoW not as much related to the U-franchise as the others that I mentioned?
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008, 23:37

I think it's understood that anything made under the Unreal family umbrella counts. That's why we have icons for it on the projects section, only nobody has finished one for those yet.

The shots look good regardless :tup:

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008, 00:05

It's pretty straight forward. All mods for Unreal and UT get coverage. Mods for anything else (including U2, UT2k4, Gears of War etc) MUST be related to the storyline of Unreal, otherwise this site would be single-player-for-any-bloody-game.org! It's all perfectly clear in the mission statement, or at least I thought it was.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008, 00:16

First off I shall apologise if my comment came across the wrong way. I was just pointing out the site's policy regarding these sort of projects. Gears just seemed even more borderline than let's say UT3. Best of luck to those that persevere despite the situation that Microsoft/Epic have created for themselves. I hope you don't give up just because of that. :tup:

Yeah Epic/MS have much to gain through locking down Gears. Epic doesn't want it to compete with UT3 and MS has it's own secretive agenda.

I'll admit that I've dabbled with both the UT3 and Gears editors (to the point of having the beginnings to an urban-themed DM level in UT3) but it never "clicked" for me. The editor just felt much more "limited" than what I was used to. I guess that I just prefer the more hands-on technique of manipulating BSP brushes.

@Hellscrag - I think that the mission statement could be updated slightly to clarify how UT3/GOW projects are treated by the site, to avoid any possible confusion.
StalwartUK

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008, 00:16

StalwartUK wrote:@Hellscrag - I think that the mission statement could be updated slightly to clarify how UT3/GOW projects are treated by the site, to avoid any possible confusion.

True.

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008, 14:58

Hellscrag wrote:
StalwartUK wrote:@Hellscrag - I think that the mission statement could be updated slightly to clarify how UT3/GOW projects are treated by the site, to avoid any possible confusion.

True.

I agree with TESUK here. (or is it SUK? :P )
Anyway.. I don't even know how far GoW would 'touch' the Unreal franchise... so I would understand if it should be OT.
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

Thaur
Pupae Pupae

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008, 18:39

my intention was to try to get some more people working on gears of war SP maps. I never thought you guys would cover any GoW stuff on this site though. There are other websites for that. I just happened to be working at a map and had some screenshots so I thought I would include them because they make a post much more interesting.

Previous