This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Moving!

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: Moving!

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015, 22:11

After being employed for half a year, I finally found an opportunity to move closer to my workplace, and to finally escape the clutches of co-existing with 3 strangers in the same flat.

I'm moving to a cozy, new, freshly refurbished 40qm 1-room flat, with a balcony, little kitchen and bathroom to boot. It's in the first floor and the balcony side of the living room is basically a huge, sunny window front. It's in an amazing location that puts me ~2 minutes on foot away from a big shopping centre, a kebab shop and bus/tram stops that bring me to my office's doorstep within 7 minutes!

It's not exactly cheap, but living in the 2nd most expensive city in Germany also puts your earnings above average to match the living costs. ^_^ Most of all, I'm glad to finally have privacy and tranquility!

While packing my things I just began to feel kind of sentimental, and felt I should write about it all here, even if I'm not usually one for big personal posts.

What about you? Are you happy with your living situation? Are you hoping to move soon? Have you perhaps already moved to the housing of your dreams?

I really need to add back a shoutbox...
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: Re: Moving!

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015, 23:38

Congrats on your move, ividyon. One-room living isn't for everyone, but I hope you're happy there.

My mid-terrace house is costing me more than I can really afford at the moment now I'm working reduced hours, but as a home it suits my son and me pretty well.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar ebd
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015, 04:52

Very cool!

I've been wanting to move closer to my workplace as well, but the area is prohibitively expensive. If I weren't making considerably less than industry standard for my skills it would improve my prospects a lot, but as it stands I'm stuck where I am for now. The whole region has a great many mostly vacant luxury housing options, but that doesn't help me!

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015, 18:26

I still live with the parents, mostly because I've been studying, but I am currently looking out to get a job and move out of the house, I have a fiancee coming over to Sweden in about two years and I kinda want out by then, ;P

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015, 14:28

Aaaand the move is complete!

Today I received a belated welcoming gift; trying to air the flat, I opened up the kitchen window and the balcony door. Sadly I didn't expect the heavy wind today, causing the draft to slam my living room door shut. The door had a glass pane inside... let's just say that now it doesn't.

:(

Replacing the glass pane is no big deal, like 40-50€, but the part that worries me is that the shards scraped up the floor around the door a little. It's not terribly notable, however considering I received the flat in pristine condition, it certainly won't reflect well on me...
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015, 14:45

Well, be glad you didn't stand in the glass' line of fire, that could have been pretty nasty.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015, 22:46

ividyon wrote:Sadly I didn't expect the heavy wind today, causing the draft to slam my living room door shut. The door had a glass pane inside... let's just say that now it doesn't.

Testing out the new stinger, eh. :wink:
The most important thing is that nobody got hurt.