UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Oldunreal malware warning

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Oldunreal malware warning

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014, 21:56

I don't visit often but it came up as a search result for something. Google is flagging the domain w/ a malware warning.

Code: Select all

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for oldunreal.com

What is the current listing status for oldunreal.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 11 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2014-09-14, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2014-09-14.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including goog1e-ana1ytics.in/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS48823 (AS48823).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, oldunreal.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 3 site(s) including t.co/, crystalunreal.com/, ggmania.com/.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
    If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Updated 6 hours ago

Not sure if admins are aware, I'm seeing a few other forum posts from today asking the same thing. Maybe someone can get in touch (Smirf?) to resolve it and this goes away the next time it's crawled.

From the description, since it didn't find anything on the site itself, I'd start looking at ads, sigs, any offsite media.

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Oldunreal malware warning

Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014, 23:02

Wtf, I go there every day just to check on things. Stupid people and their frickin malware shit trying to ruin other people's EXPENSIVE computers...ugh.
Trying to get back into the swing of things.

User avatar Xanious
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014, 23:38

Would it be safe to go on the website? This might of just been one unlucky guy.

Smirftsch
OldUnreal Staff OldUnreal Staff

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2014, 09:14

sorry for noticing here so late.
There is a topic on Oldunreal itself http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 1410699759

For anyone not trusting this link :P - here what it is about.
It seems someone of my admins have been hacked and the password being sniffed. I doubt it was myself since I am very careful regarding these matters and also have a couple of protections a normal user doesn't have. Either way a malicious script code was added at the end of the index.html page, can't say if it was executed, at least on my testsystem it had no effect.
Fortunately none of the other pages and files have been compromised, the logs showed that clearly.
I removed this script on the 14th and let google rescan the page, so this warning is removed since the 16th already.
Of course any precautions have been taken to prevent this from happening again, but...well all know how dangerous internet can be. At least it was the 1st time in all (14?) years that the page was being hacked and I hope it was the last time also.