A random sentence for a random mind.

Had a car accident today..

For random rambling. Please keep your posts tasteful and respectful.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Frieza
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Had a car accident today..

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 17:42

Nothing to serious injury wise thankfully, but the car is pretty much totalled. We were just driving along when a car came out of a sidestreet (he should have stopped) and hit us, resulting in us making a 150 degree turn and stopping against a concrete pole.

So, have you ever been in a car accident? Share your experiences :o

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 17:47

Glad you're ok! :o

Hope you did a lot of evidence photos of the accident with your mobile phone or digi cam, if not such things always end with a battle between lawyers without evidence. Especially the skidmarks are of great importance!
Did the other car hit the steering, engine or frame? If not everything else is repareable!

Personally I've never been in a car accident, but almost everyone of my famaliy have bad experience with cars... I friend of mine got hit in the middle of a four-way stop both at full speed, the other car just drove over red lights with 60 mp/h. Though both were unijured. The car was a Toyota MR2 two-seater with roughly only 900 kilograms so the car was pretty much screwed up.

But if you count go-cart crashes, a year ago I was racing with a buddy and he drove over my left back tire at full speed; getting air and launching his cart right into my face. (Helmet). Nasty stuff, I got totally ripped out of my seat. :lol:

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 17:57

Steering and engine are ok but the frame is twisted. It's stupid but I totally forgot to take pictures otherwise I'd have uploaded them. I can take some tomorrow at the garage probably. And the guy who hit us was a good guy and admitted his fault so.. no problems with the legal stuff (unfortunately his car wasn't in that bad a shape :P )

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 18:04

I've been in two. Well.. I would consider it one, since one was just a "little" hit.. but anyways, watch your neck. You might feel a little sore, but you should check out a chiropractor (or fysio) to check out your neck. It may feel ok, but something might be a little out of place..

First accident.. I stopped to let a lady (hey, I stop for ladies! 8) ) on a bicycle cross the road. My friend was driving behind me and had his eyes in his pocket or something, because.. well.. he pushed the brakes and steered to the left, but hit my car in the back. His car was totalled.. mine was.. well, a lot shorter and the muffler was pushed to the front. No one got hurt tho (and the lady was gone.. tsssh!)... but I got my neck fixed years later. Was necessary! :o
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 18:05

If the frame is damaged/twisted the whole chassic of the car must be changed, in other words the car is scrap.

If I would be you I would sell the engine and other parts to a scrapyard, do not let the car tow off. Depending on the car model you get some cash, scrapyards are always interested in working engines.

And the guy who hit us was a good guy and admitted his fault so.. no problems with the legal stuff (unfortunately his car wasn't in that bad a shape )

Without the accident report and his signature I wouldn't feel too save, no matter how nice the guy is. He can turn around easily when it comes to pay for the damage.

Accident photos for the insurance wouldnt be bad too.

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 18:18

We already dealt with the insurance forms (including his signature), no probs there. We're gonna see tomorrow if the car is in a fixable state, otherwise his insurance will come forth and compensate. But it's probably going to cost us money anyway as the car was somewhat old already. Funny thing was, we we're just heading to a garage to get the thing a thorough look-over (it was due for APK, which is a system that judges cars on there roadsafety and all that stuff, you know what I'm talking about :P )

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 18:33

Frieza wrote:Funny thing was, we we're just heading to a garage to get the thing a thorough look-over (it was due for APK, which is a system that judges cars on there roadsafety and all that stuff, you know what I'm talking about :P )

and.. will it pass? :P

User avatar GenMoKai
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 19:40

I'm glad you are OK Frieza :)

Hmmm i further never had a car accident (well nothing serious :)) Only had a little bump from a car to my bike

The only accident i can remember ended with a wound was by a stupid cereal box :? i had a small cut in my head :lol: papercut

User avatar Jethro

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2007, 22:12

Glad to hear nothing happened to you (and to Darkon and to GenMoKai when I hear their stories).

I personally gladly didn't had any serious car accident so far, hope it stays this way.
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007, 00:24

Which reminds me.. I had another one about a year ago; had to go to the hospital with my little one (astma attack), got in the van, drove backward out of the garage.. full speed.. and turned it (so I could go forward out of the driveway) and forgot my father-in-law's tank (Ford Excursion) was parked there to the side, so I rammed into it. His vehicle only had a broken lamp.. the back of my van was.. well.. dented in severely (and a broken window). This happened at around 6 or 7 pm and it was very dark outside.. (in the middle of nowhere). (we all got into my father-in-law's vehicle and we went to the hospital after all .. we were all ok from the accident tho).

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007, 07:10

20 years perfect driving, no tickets.

Went to bestbuy to look at gamepads and possibly return the one I had.

Coming home, was light outside, over a highway, then slight downgrade, streetlight at top of hill and another further down the slight decline hill.

Tooling down the road just fine, all the sudden, blue car, blue car! BLUE CAR !!, BLAM !!!.

The next car to come out would have been two off duty cops in an unmarked car, they said I lifted his wheels off the ground.
My car didn't look bad had about a 1.5 foot puddle, no glass nothing.
His car I crunched the door and he was holding his elbow, while I was apolagising, he had 3 baby seats in the back all emty, thank God.

The towtruck came, I had my medium sized dog with me, he said the cop would give me a ride home, he had his "girlfriend" with him.

It got dark out, sat in cop car with my dog while he did all this paper work and ticket (95$), I "failed to yeild" I ran a friggen red light and still don't know how I EVER did that.

Well, the second light is at our county border, the cop asks where do i have to go.Well he had to cross the "border" so he couldn't drive me home, I frickin walked home in the dark with my dog, no sidewalks about a mile and a half after my first major crash.

Next day leaned over the bathtub to wash my hair, reached up to the faucet on my right with my left hand, and OUCH, I think I broke my rib wich got weak from the crash, I was going about 40mph.
SUX, I still want my car back and My rib is still not right.

Now when I drive I STILL dont like it, but feel terrible thinking I could cause some other person major pain or damage, I don't like that feeling at all. (I never liked driving, only because I have to)
Just ban everyone

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007, 11:41

Ouch!

No, I've never been in an accident, although as a passenger I've been close once or twice.
Life is what you make of it.

wael
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007, 12:10

I'm glad you're ok, it seems like it could have been much worse. Myself I've never been in one, the closest i came was when i was going home at about 1 am I was in a cab, and we were about to enter one of the biggest and busiest roundabouts in the city (Jeddah has plenty of those so when i say big i mean about 250-300m in diameter), and i look over to the driver and i find him sleeping so i hit on the back of the head and started yelling at him, when i got home the guy was so sorry he told me not to pay him anything. Since then I've become a bit paranoid about drivers falling asleep while driving.

User avatar Delacroix

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2007, 23:00

Glad you're OK. I never had any accidents like that, but then again, I don't have a car even.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar Kajgue
N-Team Leader N-Team Leader

Subject: Re: Had a car accident today..

Post Posted: 29 Dec 2007, 17:30

Frieza wrote:So, have you ever been in a car accident? Share your experiences :o

hmmm, I usually press strafe-left. Need healthkit?
N-Team leader
The Silver Blades clan chief

Next