UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Various voicepacks / player classes: Tourettes Guy, Dawn of War, etc.

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Various voicepacks / player classes: Tourettes Guy, Dawn of War, etc.

Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021, 21:41

Can't believe I never "officially" released these, but here you go! A bunch of voicepacks and such I've put together over the years. Enjoy!

Installation: For all of these, just dump all files into your \System\ folder, and then you should be able to access them in-game. Doesn't get much easier!

Tourettes Guy

Download Tourettes Guy stuff (23MB): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... FhbsSjrRW5

Ever wanted to play as the early-2000s-internet's most wholesomely hateful drunk bastard? Of course you have. Originally inspired by this old Doom mod.

Includes a full set of taunts, commands, status updates, etc. Perfect for botmatches or singleplayer with Oldskool auto-taunt. And a ton of hit and death sounds for the Tourettes Commando and Tourettes Soldier player classes, even jump noises!

Unfortunately, UT's voicepack class has a hardcoded limit of 16 taunts, so there's not a lot of variety there, and picking the 16 best possible taunts from Tourettes Guy was hard. But there's no limit to the number of custom hit and death sounds I've been able to implement, so the player classes are where things get really amusing.

Old video now, but good demonstration of what it tends to sound like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3nD1y-bQj8

Dawn of War

Download full WH40k collection (84MB): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... xbtj837zD_

Some of the best and most amusing voice acting in video game history here, folks! And there's a BUNCH of them:

Chaos Champion
Chaos Marine
Chaos Sorcerer
Chaos Lord
Cultist
Force Commander
Imperial Guard soldier
Khorne Berserker (also lmao at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzwtevoz9og)
Ork
Possessed Chaos Marine
Space Marine

I'm also throwing in the 40k-related player models and skins I have, which probably isn't every single one that exists for UT, but may as well include them with the voices, eh? I believe these require Advanced Model Support, so I've thrown that in as well just in case.

These are all scattered around in different .u files, so sorry for the clutter! If there's demand, I can consolidate them all into one package.

Gears of War

Download Carmine stuff (25MB): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... 0IxVUpCbm8
Download Cole Train voicepack (14MB): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... LMFr4A7EH-

These are less polished, and currently there's just the Cole Train voicepack + Carmine VP and player classes. Carmine is particularly hilarious, especially with the massively over-the-top death sounds.

I had plans to create other VPs for some of the other characters, but never got around to it since they just weren't as fun as these guys. I also planned to consolidate Cole and Carmine (and others) into just one .u file, hence the GearsVPs name, but, well, you know! Laziness prevails.

System Shock 2 of War

Download SS2 stuff (18MB): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... kuZKBzZ-w2

The SS2 Hybrid is surprisingly amusing in UT, so there's that! And there's also the Maintenance Bot and Protocol Droid. The Hybrid and Maint Bot include player classes as well for hit and death sounds, but the droid is just the voicepack.

There were plans to implement the Cyborg Midwife as well, but it ended up not having quite enough good content for a full voicepack, so it never ended up happening!

Miscellaneous

Serious Sam voicepack, using lines from the First and Second Enounter. Not much to it, just a voicepack, but amusing at times!

Download Serious Sam voicepack (4MB): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... dkSaP0LQMb

EYE: Divine Cybermancy - Culter player class (no voicepack here, just the hit and highly-amusing death sounds).

Download EYE Culter player (1MB): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... qlBW8MG5VE

Forsaken: Character I forget the name of (voicepack courtesy of UArchitect from way back in the day). Has a few good cheesy lines. Recommended more for one or two bots in botmatches rather than players so you don't hear the same lines over and over.

Download Forsaken voicepack (5KB): https://docs.google.com/uc?export=downl ... vvGRI2IaVq

If there are any requests for player classes to go with voicepacks or vice versa, let me know and I might be able to make some additional stuff! Depends of course on the source audio and whether or not it's got enough stuff to work, but there's always possibilities.

User avatar Xanious
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: Various voicepacks / player classes: Tourettes Guy, Dawn of War, etc.

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021, 00:50

finally my stupid EXU2 200 bot monsterspawn clusterfucks can be even more authentic

Subject: Re: Various voicepacks / player classes: Tourettes Guy, Dawn of War, etc.

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021, 20:42

Holy shit, speaking of Tourettes Guy, apparently there was a new video released just in December last year! Can't believe this is still going, what a treasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3KacGg9aec

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021, 02:30

All into /system, I take it there's no .uax files involved?

Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021, 04:32

Nope, just .u and .int files!

Advanced Model Support has its own installation if you actually need that but it's so old at this point I'd be surprised if anyone didn't already have it set up in their install. It's pretty straightforward, though, and only needed if you use the 40k player models.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021, 09:52

Haven't checked them all out, but there's a problem with 1.

This:
Download Carmine stuff (25MB)

The setup of the .int is wrong. It includes these:
Object=(Name=GearsVPs.CarmineBotA,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="GoW Carmine Commando")
Object=(Name=GearsVPs.CarmineBotB,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="GoW Carmine Soldier")
Object=(Name=GearsVPs.CarminePlayerA,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentPlayer,Description="GoW Carmine Commando")
Object=(Name=GearsVPs.CarminePlayerB,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentPlayer,Description="GoW Carmine Soldier")

I'm assuming they were put in to specify which bots would be able to use this voice, but what resulted is 2 extra entries in the player selection options... and pointless ones. It's just another Male Soldier and Male Commando, no different than the ones that UT already had as defaults.

Those 4 lines are unnecessary.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021, 11:30

evilgrins wrote:I'm assuming they were put in to specify which bots would be able to use this voice, but what resulted is 2 extra entries in the player selection options... and pointless ones. It's just another Male Soldier and Male Commando, no different than the ones that UT already had as defaults.

Those 4 lines are unnecessary.

I believe the post describes that player classes exist for unique hit and death sounds, which aren't provided by a simple voice pack.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021, 01:47

ividyon wrote:
evilgrins wrote:I believe the post describes that player classes exist for unique hit and death sounds, which aren't provided by a simple voice pack.

That may well be, but as is it's still creating "new" identical player classes which are redundant.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021, 20:44

You may not like it, but that does not make it "redundant" or "pointless", it has a clear objective and a use. That simply means it's not to your taste, and so you're not the target audience.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021, 05:03

You can comment out or remove those lines from the .int files if you don't want them, but like ividyon said, they exist for a reason!

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021, 00:05

ividyon wrote:You may not like it, but that does not make it "redundant" or "pointless", it has a clear objective and a use. That simply means it's not to your taste, and so you're not the target audience.

Think you're misunderstanding. The voicepack is not redundant, I love that. But the setup of the .int is creating (regardless of the reasoning) extra copies of existing models. UT only allows 32 models for selection, but if the voicepack is creating extra copies of existing models that limits the number of models anyone can use.

I mean, there's already a Male Soldier and a Male Commando, but the voicepack creates extra copies of both... which is what's redundant.
Buff Skeleton wrote:You can comment out or remove those lines from the .int files if you don't want them, but like ividyon said, they exist for a reason!

I did.

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021, 22:28

evilgrins wrote:I mean, there's already a Male Soldier and a Male Commando, but the voicepack creates extra copies of both... which is what's redundant.

Incorrect. They are not redundant: they exist because voicepacks alone cannot handle custom hit and death sounds. If there's a better way to do that than using custom player classes, I'm all ears, though!

But calling them "identical copies" is flat-out wrong. Don't use them if you don't want to, but this isn't a bug. The only reason they use the same models and skins as normal UT player classes is because I only cared about implementing custom sounds, so I just reused existing stuff for the rest.