This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

User avatar Jigoku
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 954
Joined: 03 Dec 2010, 00:51
Location: Anor Londo
Contact:

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 19:30

MCoop 2 and AKCoop 2. :P

User avatar Teridax
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 873
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 04:10

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 20:08

possible zealot detected


:lol:

Pot calling the kettle black.
Image

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker
Posts: 425
Joined: 25 Sep 2008, 07:25

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 20:23

Teridax wrote:
possible zealot detected


:lol:

Pot calling the kettle black.

Lack of argument detected. You've never actually posted anything with any compelling evidence ever. You just sit back and wait for a "perfect" time to attack instead of adding anything useful to the argument, claim, or anything. You also never actually read and comprehended any of my posts and just blatantly ignored parts

Teridax wrote:Don't use his mods if you hate them so much. Problem solved.


My entire post preceding that one was all about how I didn't use his mods. There was actually zero reason for half of your post to even be there.

User avatar Teridax
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 873
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 04:10

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 21:26

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:You've never actually posted anything with any compelling evidence ever. You also never actually read and comprehended any of my posts and just blatantly ignored parts

Teridax wrote:Don't use his mods if you hate them so much. Problem solved.


My entire post preceding that one was all about how I didn't use his mods.


The only "evidence" you provide is just you saying "asgard didn't do ____ with ____ therefore he's a horrible person." You always cite his behavior as proof, but don't provide any examples other than the "I'll get around to it" one. You've treated other people asking for help a lot worse. See this thread:

http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1328381382

And before you say it's not relevant, it is. You could have just not commented, but you treated the guy like crap for no other reason than that he wanted to use a controller. Look at your own behavior before you criticize someone else.

You just sit back and wait for a "perfect" time to attack instead of adding anything useful to the argument, claim, or anything.


Almost any time to attack you is the perfect time. You're such a hypocrite that it's just too easy. You call MrLoathsome a zealot, but then go ahead and act like one yourself. What do you expect to happen when you make a ridiculous comment like that? Let me say it again:

Teridax wrote::lol:

Pot calling the kettle black.



The only argument I have ever seen you make I that asgard is bad because he didn't release the source for his mods. He made those mods, they're his. He can do what he likes with them. If he doesn't want anyone to take his mods apart and look at them, that's his business, not yours.

There was actually zero reason for half of your post to even be there.


2) Asgard doesn't care. I asked about some of these features probably 4 years ago, particularly the warping pawns out because it caused my server to crash when it warped out scripted pawn bots with bIsPlayer = true because ScriptedPawns don't attack bots or whatever in U1.


...and there's zero reason for this to be here, aside from to deliberately turn this thread into a flame war. Did you really expect anything else to come from you making your petty grudge a part of this thread?
Image

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Posts: 1966
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 07:21
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012, 04:48

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:Logic found : 0, even when disregarding the content of the other post.. possible zealot detected


lol
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker
Posts: 435
Joined: 07 Jun 2011, 01:26
Location: The darkness in my mind.

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012, 06:30

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:It's almost as if that other topic didn't happen. Try using an AKCoop2 monster without any third party intervention to let them work.

Also, Maxer... you're running MCoop as the gametype, not AKCoop2.

Okey. But it's still useing the AKCoop mod. Also, it's ARR's (All Rights Reserved) server, not mine.
Soooo... All Rights Reserved to ARR.
Jigoku wrote:NOTICE: If you notice this notice, you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.


A man with many names doesn't mean he gains more wisdom from wearing a different mask.

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker
Posts: 425
Joined: 25 Sep 2008, 07:25

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012, 08:45

Teridax wrote:The only "evidence" you provide is just you saying "asgard didn't do ____ with ____ therefore he's a horrible person." You always cite his behavior as proof, but don't provide any examples other than the "I'll get around to it" one. You've treated other people asking for help a lot worse. See this thread:

http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1328381382

And before you say it's not relevant, it is. You could have just not commented, but you treated the guy like crap for no other reason than that he wanted to use a controller. Look at your own behavior before you criticize someone else.

Oh no, I made fun of a guy who wanted to use a controller! the humanity! Not only do you not know of my previous dealings with him not contained on the forums, but that kind of request is unfulfillable. The concept of using of a 360 degree analog stick was new when unreal was still in conceptual stages, and the use of two was probably tantamount to insanity by release date.
All I did to the guy was make fun of his choice, misuse of vocabulary which actually contradicted what he said, and assert my dislike of controllers. Honestly, this isn't really comparable. Also, that other thread was locked, so it was pretty hard to go post evidence except the whole mountain of AKCoop2 lockouts which forces you do use akcoop mutator if you want to use his pawns which has most likely screwed over countless server administrators who simply didn't know that limitation existed, and they couldn't even check because the source was locked down.

One person versus an unknown amount since release date. Truly a fair comparison.

You just sit back and wait for a "perfect" time to attack instead of adding anything useful to the argument, claim, or anything.


Almost any time to attack you is the perfect time. You're such a hypocrite that it's just too easy. You call MrLoathsome a zealot, but then go ahead and act like one yourself. What do you expect to happen when you make a ridiculous comment like that? Let me say it again:

The only argument I have ever seen you make I that asgard is bad because he didn't release the source for his mods. He made those mods, they're his. He can do what he likes with them. If he doesn't want anyone to take his mods apart and look at them, that's his business, not yours.
Cool. See above, locking out unknown amounts of server administrators or single player modders or even people who just want to use a simple summon command when they were actually given a list of monsters in the readme that they can't use by default.
[spoiler]
AK2Readme.txt wrote:**********
To Install
**********

Read this carefully things have changed since ver 1

-------For players-----

Just use the Installer.
Thats it :)


-------For servers------

Use the Installer.

Add the following line to your UNREAL.ini

ServerPackages=AKcoop2
-----------

To fix one of the bugs thats stops crashing servers I've added a gametype.
This gametype does nothing except fix the bug and is basically just a coopgame.

If you're running another gameype (other than standard coop game) you probably wont need to run this and can just run the mutator.. This is really for those that arent..If you are running a standard coop game its HIGHLY recomended that you use the AKcoop one instead.

-----------
dedicated
-----------


To run with the new coop gametype....

If you're running a dedicated server you need to add the following to your command line

eg.
start /wait Unreal Nyleve?game=AKcoop2.AKcoopGame?difficulty=3 -server

Otherwise if you dont want to use the gametype
start /wait Unreal Nyleve?mutator=AKcoop2.AKcoop?difficulty=3 -server

If youre running the AKcoopGame you'll need to configure it in preferences.

for example

bNoFriendlyFire True
bNoMonsters False
bHumansOnly False
bCoopWeaponMode False
bClassicDeathmessages True



----------
non dedicated
---------

For non dedicated servers you can start the mutator from the console.
Hit the tab key and type the following

Switchlevel nyleve?Gametype=AKcoop2.AKcoopGame

or if you dont want to use the gametype.
Switchlevel nyleve?mutator=AKcoop2.AKcoop

If youre running the AKcoopGame you'll need to configure it in preferences.

for example

bNoFriendlyFire True
bNoMonsters False
bHumansOnly False
bCoopWeaponMode False
bClassicDeathmessages True

--------------

Note*
If you had AKcoop ver 1 in your serverpackages you will need to remove it.



--------------------------------------------------------------------




******
summon
******

A list of things you can summon
Monsters ....
summon AKcoop2.dragonfly
summon AKcoop2.hornet
summon AKcoop2.nester
summon AKcoop2.hatchling
summon AKcoop2.icetitan
summon AKcoop2.packhunter
summon AKcoop2.deathhunter
summon AKcoop2.minion
summon AKcoop2.manta111x
summon AKcoop2.nester
summon AKcoop2.squid2
summon AKcoop2.drone
summon AKcoop2.mech
summon AKcoop2.naliinfest
summon AKcoop2.rebelskaarj (friendly)
summon AKcoop2.spitfire (friendly)
summon AKcoop2.cannond2 (destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.cannond3 (destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.cannond4 (destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.cannon2 (non-destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.cannon3 (non-destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.cannon4 (non-destroyable)
summon AKcoop2.Evol
summon AKcoop2.Samain
summon AKcoop2.Gruel
summon AKcoop2.wasp
summon AKcoop2.craptor
summon cow Yeah the mad cow (first seen here)

[/spoiler]
Open the spoiler to the pertinent readme location. Note that nowhere does it say you need to run the mutator or the gametype if you're in single player. Then it doesn't list that you need either the gametype or mutator to spawn the monsters and that "summon cow" without any previous connotation will summon a "mad cow", even though you need to run either akcoop2 gametype or the mutator to accomplish this. That's an incredibly huge detail to not write in a readme.

The fact that an unknown amount people have been burned by this, possibly without ever reading the readme {cache ripping} and there was no way to know is a pretty fucking low blow to all of them.


--crap, quote hell fucked this over {insert stuff by teridax}--
There was actually zero reason for half of your post to even be there.


2) Asgard doesn't care. I asked about some of these features probably 4 years ago, particularly the warping pawns out because it caused my server to crash when it warped out scripted pawn bots with bIsPlayer = true because ScriptedPawns don't attack bots or whatever in U1.


...and there's zero reason for this to be here, aside from to deliberately turn this thread into a flame war. Did you really expect anything else to come from you making your petty grudge a part of this thread?[/quote]

Whoops! I only told the truth. He didn't care enough to fix it years ago, but I could've just said that it wasn't fixed. I guess you're right from the whole flame bullshit point of view.. but onto your last sentence..

Grudge? No, there's nothing wrong per se with asgard himself, but the mods and lack of support/documentation to reflect dick moves and that previously mentioned dick move with akcoop2 monsters thereof made me extremely dislike him, and wanted me to convey that such behavior is 100% bullshit and should never happen again.

What will come out of this thread? Who knows. Maybe it will show up in EXU2.

TheIronKnuckle wrote:
[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:Logic found : 0, even when disregarding the content of the other post.. possible zealot detected


lol

Didn't you know? Less information = More information = Learning! one of these things not like the others...

Maxer 64 wrote:Okey. But it's still useing the AKCoop mod. Also, it's ARR's (All Rights Reserved) server, not mine.
Soooo... All Rights Reserved to ARR.

Yeah, it's using the non-locked down portions of AKCoop2. Also, I noticed a little too late that it was not your server! Whoops.

User avatar Teridax
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord
Posts: 873
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 04:10

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012, 16:55

One person versus an unknown amount since release date. Truly a fair comparison.


Once again, you act like asgard deliberately set out to make people's lives difficult. I'm sure that he just made and released a bunch of mods so that people would get frustrated by them. That really makes a ton of sense.

That's an incredibly huge detail to not write in a readme.

The fact that an unknown amount people have been burned by this, possibly without ever reading the readme {cache ripping} and there was no way to know is a pretty fucking low blow to all of them.


Yeah, I'm sure he did that on purpose just to make people mad. :lol: The way you go on about him, you would think that he's some sort of cartoon villain.

Grudge? No...


If you don't have a grudge against him, why would you put "Asgard is bullshit" in the name or your sever? Oh, wait, it's because you do have a grudge against him. Stop acting like you don't, already. You're not convincing anyone.

Grudge? No, there's nothing wrong per se with asgard himself, but the mods and lack of support/documentation to reflect dick moves and that previously mentioned dick move with akcoop2 monsters thereof made me extremely dislike him, and wanted me to convey that such behavior is 100% bullshit and should never happen again.


Good job with contradicting the rest of your sentence. Of course you have a grudge against asgard, you just said it yourself. You make it obvious at every chance you get.

TheIronKnuckle wrote:
[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:Logic found : 0, even when disregarding the content of the other post.. possible zealot detected


lol

Didn't you know? Less information = More information = Learning! one of these things not like the others...


No matter how much you try to ignore it, you were a huge hypocrite when you called someone else a zealot. Quit trying to act otherwise.
Image

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E
Posts: 4132
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 00:46

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012, 17:18

[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:What will come out of this thread? Who knows. Maybe it will show up in EXU2.

What will?


Casey, it seems like you have a lot of energy and care a great deal about programming best practices, but I think you should probably lay off this one dude whose practices you don't agree with and instead focus your efforts on simply doing a better job. After all, if these mods aren't up to spec and you know why, then what would be better than simply engineering new mods to compete?

If there's a problem with the way someone is doing something, making just one post that points out "ok well this mod kinda does some shady stuff, like X Y and Z, so I would recommend making something new or using something else" is sufficient. A big tirade is not productive and it doesn't make you yourself look good even if you are posting factual criticisms.

Besides, it's not like Asgard is actually a bad person who is deliberately writing backdoors into financial software so he can defraud hundreds of millions of people or something. He just wrote a somewhat restrictive coop mod for Unreal which probably <100 people still play globally. There are a LOT worse people out there who deserve your ire. Think like multinational corporate executives responsible for ruining the lives of untold numbers of people and getting away with it scott-free (BP anyone? We're only just now starting to see the effects of that fucking atrocity in the Gulf, and of course BP hasn't been impacted by that in the slightest other than some slap-on-the-wrist costs and a tiny spree of bad PR. Or how about DeBeers? Or Foxconn?). Save your anger for the real injustice. There's no shortage of it on this fucked up planet.
Image

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker
Posts: 425
Joined: 25 Sep 2008, 07:25

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012, 05:41

Maybe I am a hypocrite and a zealot. But I do it for the right reason. No end user should ever be subject to unknown limitations that are never presented or obvious. 10 years ago when unreal was flourishing with multiples hundreds of people concurrently on at the same time, servers filled to the brim, people coming and going constantly, and when nobody really knew how to mod, but asgard did.. he placed an arbitrary limitation on his pawns unbeknownst to probably everyone except dots(and probably only years later){or whenever UTPT came around..} and closed the source so no one could actually find out what was wrong.

Anything with closed source should only be closed for a reason, and I only think that reason is zombies dead zone. he is so dead set on security it's absolutely paranoid status. There's really nothing special about AKCoop2 which denotes obfuscation being necessary. For instance, around that time, JCoop2/4 were out and had the ability to create player starts at random, and the source was closed. At the time I was pretty young, and it was actually really fucking hard for me to comprehend how that was possible since I knew that player starts couldn't be summoned. if Joss had opened the source, I could have figured out within minutes of checking how it's spawned {with a console command} that it needed a new subclass and its properties were changed. At my age, and lack of experience, it took me far too long to do that. Joss was of no help, even though I had found a security hole in JCoop.. a ridiculously simple one. for whatever reason, AdminPassword was not flagged private, and every time she updated JCoop since her pw was in the ini, it became the default password which I could just use get on to receive.

I cannot see any benefit to closing source in the instances of the AKCoop2 monsters, pawns, or Monsterspawn. The only reason I am where I am right now is because some people were nice enough to leave some code open to give me examples of which how to proceed and expand. This particular issue strikes me in a very, very specific way. A way that really makes me writhe for justice. I see it as a true injustice to countless people, many of who I have never met. While I can't do anything about world-level issues as a single person.. here, I can. If it were not for unreal, I probably wouldn't have graduated high school or gotten a college degree. I'm dead serious. The mere possibility of someone else being even partially turned off to coding due to "unknown" issues strikes me where it hurts.

There is a reason I still work on and have worked on 227, and that reason is to help as many people as possible, and to see such.. downright wrong things as "bdiez" is totally against my operational status with unreal.


Waffnuffly wrote:
[]KAOS[]Casey wrote:What will come out of this thread? Who knows. Maybe it will show up in EXU2.

What will?

This.
Pic related: something everyone should see when loading a mod in the editor.


I gaurantee you almost everyone will learn at least one thing from my code.. or PCubes DataStructures code.

It's a beta right now, unfinished features, things I need to talk to you about. But it works and you can preview it.

Ghetto instructions:
PawnListNames[0]=test2
PawnListNames[1]=Skaarj

those are the test lists I have used. In the other INI files you can specific god damn everything. Make a list, with any name

i.e. [IdiotList9000] then insert it into PawnListNames array, and it will automatically load the list. Makes removing lists pretty easy. All class names are package.class in string format. There's a default array in the text file included to paste into the ini file.

maximum is 1024 lists of 128 pawns each for a total of 131072 pawns. {have fun filling that shit.}

you can either add it as a ServerActors=MonsterSpawnerExtreme.MonsterSpawnerExtreme or just summon it right now. No mutator yet.

All the data structures as they currently are in are finalized. you can set up your lists for the final version for everything unless I add more properties.

Known issues :
tick issues with sleep since unreal doesn't tick in real time. Need algorithm to fix this by "anticipating" tick delays
No pawn "weight" algorithm implemented. I'll need your code for your current weighted thing so there aren't multiple algorithms laying around that are semi-different






"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Martin Luther King Jr.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E
Posts: 4132
Joined: 15 Dec 2007, 00:46

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012, 05:54

Holy shit, that was fast. This looks like it's going to be fantastic. You should probably make a new thread for it.
Image

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Posts: 151
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 08:24
Location: MrLoathsome fell out of the world!

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012, 08:25

Thread hi-jack aborted.

Carry on....
Mooo !

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker
Posts: 317
Joined: 25 Sep 2010, 04:32

Subject: Re: MonsterSpawn ver 3.03 mod released

Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012, 23:59

Yes, well, Asgard, I love your mod! It's downright fun and I almost always have it on when I play Deathmatch games with bots. Especially awesome that you included monsters that actually fight the players, something lacking in other mods which try and integrate monster/bot play.

I do have a question though, pertaining to Team Deathmatch games. When I have the mod on, monster frags don't seem to count towards the team's overall score, yet getting killed by a monster retracts from the team score. Is there a setting or something I need to change to teamgame mode for monsters to count as frags?

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Copyright © 2001-2019 UnrealSP.org

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited