A random sentence for a random mind.

[UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Return To Na Pali: Ultimate Edition v1.1

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Project Zephon

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016, 15:25

Won't be tonight, sick as fuckkk
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016, 20:06

ONP was planned but given its size and that I actually have a lot of work to do, I'll be putting it off until next week when we should have the time and a better turn out to tackle something so large. No promises but since ONP does stuff in coop (custom default inventory but low ammo, some difficulty scaling and health stuff), I'd like to get LootMut working to some amount to compensate for what I think would amount to resource starving.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016, 16:51

I'm super ready today
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | Operation Na Pali

Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016, 17:37

ONP this week. CoopSuite has been tested and seems to be working fine with it. Enemy scaling and spawn-at-player will be enabled. ONP seems to be using addinventory to give respawning players weapons, so SaP's spawn with weapons will be disabled since it would never work anyway (only gives weapons if player has none). Since the ONP version only provides the default pickup amount of ammo, which is way too little imo, to avoid ammo starvation I'm running LootSplode. This will be the first time running the mut and while it still needs some work cosmetically, functionally I think it's fine.

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016, 18:47

Pulling out LootSplode. For some reason it does nothing. My guess is that ONP might be doing something with ScoreKill for its score system or whatever. It's properly loaded and the killed enemies are normal scriptedpawns but they never produce loot. Even with debug options to force super drops and log verbose, nothing ever drops and nothing except that it's loaded is written to log. So disappoint.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 01:01

Had to preemptively abandon because it was too late and because the map after the translocator one crashed on me because of "credits" package mismatch... go figure.

Was fun though for the first half! Then ONP goes downhill with all those davidM reject stuff.
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016, 02:55

I haven't played ONP since 2002 so it's pretty close to a first time experience. I may be a little biased to Jones but I think ONP's biggest problem is the general endorsement it gets in public of being one of, if not often the best sp campaigns even today. With what is out there, this kind of hype just builds expectations well beyond what ONP delivers. It did serve as a harbinger for modern campaigns though so it's easy to see that it was a big deal in its time. Today there are just many other campaigns that do the same thing, only making better use of the tech/concepts.

It was pretty interesting that, by accident or not, ONP does have a coop cutscene. The spawning with weapons was pretty interesting also. I'm kind of surprised no other campaigns using tvcoop or derivatives do this.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016, 15:39

Any ideas this week
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Subject: Re: [UT] Turmoil Saga - Coop Night | The Fifth Vortex

Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016, 18:48

Had a craving for floating rocks so running The Fifth Vortex. I know there's some issues making certain areas impassible so I'm interested if these are fixed just by having a different spawning system. Of which, has been updated with improvements to spawn selection and an afk filter. I also decided to put a beta of Lootsplode on. There's still a problem with flag markers not appearing on 25-50% of items but I think all the important non-cosmetic stuff is ready.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016, 21:19

Ok i'll come later

EDIT: no one? :7 Came one hour later and left, was alone
ImageImage

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: STILL hanging around the back of the Rikers wreck, wondering what the hell that buzzing noise is.

Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016, 20:44

I'm interested in getting in on this shit.
"If that bitch in Cell 4A keeps looking at me funny, I swear I'm going to rip out her larynx!"

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016, 14:08

Hope today it's on too. I would like RTNPUE final edition.
ImageImage

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016, 20:09

I've got a lot of work to get through so I'll be passing on this week. I have looked into RTNPUE and even just setting up the client is more complicated than it should be. I'd like to run it because it's been forever since I've played RTNP, longer even with the beta. Next week looks good. I'm just going to need to spend some time getting it on the server, more than last minute, to make sure everything at least looks like it'll work.

Also, I think this might also give others time to get it working on their end. I'm not sure if RTNPUE is even on redirects yet and I think if everything just came from the server the wait would make it much less fun for everyone

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016, 17:39

I think we're ready for RTNPUE. First post updated with links. I doubt this is on the redirect so I recommend installing it beforehand. I really have no idea how you're "supposed" to install it since I avoided all the automatic configuration in order to get a better grasp of what needed to be done for the server.

Just make sure you:
1) Install OldModels (comes with RNTPUE).
2) If you just extracted the zip into your UT dir, add the following to your UnrealTournament.ini under [Core.System]

Code: Select all

Paths=../System/RTNPUE/*.u
Paths=../Maps/RTNPUE/*.unr

There's some things missing to have it working nicely for solo but for joining a coop game this is all you need.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 19 Nov 2016, 20:13

I'm gonna come, hopefully it's gonna go right this timee
ImageImage

Previous Next