ividyon will never get this done, will he.

RLCoop Private Online Event 1 [COMPLETE]

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: RLCoop Private Online Event 1 [COMPLETE]

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 08:08

This was an awesome event! Pretty much the way unreal/coop should be played. I'm glad I was able to participate in the testing of this mod (and also that my ping didn't give me too hard of a time, for the most part :lol: ). I look forward to this mod's completion, and until then, definitely would be up for doing this again.

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 10:31

I completely agree with Jaypeezy. I will admit that I was a bit stupid sometimes, and I have definitely learned something from this experience.
Still can't believe I was killed about 20 secs into vortex rikers XD
CC

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 12:06

Captain Clark wrote:
Still can't believe I was killed about 20 secs into vortex rikers XD

I'm going to extract that section from the video and have it play each time I start up my PC. :lol:

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: RLCoop Private Online Event 1

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 12:22

salsaSkaarj wrote:...
Anyway, are the Skaarj boosted up or something? They seem to take a lot more damage before falling. And is that normal speed? or is it an impression because of the behindview?

Found the answer:
-227 difficulty 6 forced on. This increases monster speed and their projectile speed and damage, raises their alertness to see you from far distances and hear you walking or running, and increases their aggressiveness.
Now I have to find the time to experience difficulty 6 myself.

Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 15:55

Now that I think back to it... I was annoying as Fuck!
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 16:46

Thankyou everyone who participated and enjoyed it ^^ (I forget to mention that after the 6 hour recording, the lot of us kept playing for another 7 hours xD and we made it all the way to Nali Castle! xD Bleeder and I were barely through Chizra probably at this point)

And to those that are asking...yes I do plan to have more events in the future...seeing as this went really well and everyone enjoyed it immensely ^^

EDIT: i was actually thinking about making my server "public"...sorta...what I would do is post the password here on the forum (probably the RLCoop Project thread, along with a quick "how to play" guide including the needed controls) so that people who actually read the topic and know about RLCoop have the chance to join the server...since then they'd have some idea of what to expect and know how to play when they join. I don't want to make it entirely public because we'd have random people joining who'd know nothing about it and wouldn't be able to do anything...and would probably end up rage quitting when they couldnt figure out how to pick up items :P But yeah...what do u guys think?
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 17:29

Maybe not just yet. We would need to establish mumble server for that here on USP or something like that. And still, there are some things broke, like inventory replication thing. I don't think it's ready. But it's close!

User avatar Rob_KC
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013, 17:43

We should all hop on again sometime today! this mod is addicting

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013, 12:23

Damn sorry I missed this. Sounds like it was sick. :D'

edit: btw is there an upload of that recording anywhere?
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: RLCoop Private Online Event 1

Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013, 12:53

TheIronKnuckle wrote:edit: btw is there an upload of that recording anywhere?

a couple of posts earlier. duration: 30 min (what I saw live about 4 hours later was better but this is a good representation of the difficulty and gameplay.
Shivaxi wrote:AND HERE IT IS: http://www.twitch.tv/bleeder91/b/393356655

Yes...6 hours...i was shooting for 2 but, we kinda played forever...and then some...

Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013, 00:24

Watching the vid, only a few minutes in but all I can say is, Man, do it again, I will totally be there next time. Unfortunately I can't practice during the week as I'm doing full time work and don't have unreal installed at home, but every weekend I go visit my family where ALL the gaming computers are at :D Gotta patch up unreal and jump into this next saturday or whenever

Also, point of criticism: your inventory totally should be dropped when you die. Realistic and all :P

Next: can the crosshair at least come back when you're zooming with the rifle?

Also also also, I would be so keen to do this on some custom map packs as well. Shrakitha and one day, attacked. maybe not TLF :p

I'm in two minds about allowing respawns at the beginning of each map. I mean, of course it needs to happen :P otherwise this shi would be impossible, but it's not quite that hyper realistic coop experience I had in mind. You'd be SO much more careful if you only live once.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013, 02:22

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Watching the vid, only a few minutes in but all I can say is, Man, do it again, I will totally be there next time. Unfortunately I can't practice during the week as I'm doing full time work and don't have unreal installed at home, but every weekend I go visit my family where ALL the gaming computers are at :D Gotta patch up unreal and jump into this next saturday or whenever

You guys really think I should do another event same time next Saturday? I gotta see if my weekend is clear. I'd also like to try and get new people in who havent experienced RLCoop yet. Also thinking about doing RTNP next.

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Also, point of criticism: your inventory totally should be dropped when you die. Realistic and all :P

No, because right now that would be a huge hack, and you could duplicate inventory at the start or end of every level. But I do have a solution in mind that could work...

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Next: can the crosshair at least come back when you're zooming with the rifle?

Probably...maybe...people could run around in slightly zoomed in mod as a cheat xD. But we'll see.

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Also also also, I would be so keen to do this on some custom map packs as well. Shrakitha and one day, attacked. maybe not TLF :p

Did Shrakitha...still working on Attacked with Bleeder (on level 5, The Long Haul), havent tried One Day yet...TLF is unreal tournament only :P

TheIronKnuckle wrote:I'm in two minds about allowing respawns at the beginning of each map. I mean, of course it needs to happen :P otherwise this shi would be impossible, but it's not quite that hyper realistic coop experience I had in mind. You'd be SO much more careful if you only live once.

Yeah the only reason people can respawn near the beginning is because of the 20 second timer until it "closes" the server to new players. I'm still thinking of a better solution than a timer, possibly a check along with the timer to see if the player logged in already to that level or something...again its a work in progress :P ain't perfect but definitely playable.

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013, 09:38

Oh, by respawns at the beginning of each map I meant the fact that if someone dies on vortex rikers they'll be back from the dead come nyleve. But yes, that too :P

edit: it was so shit that you had to leave the first dp upgrade behind. Add the ability to pick them up as an inventory item imo. carry it with you until another one is found.

Also, if this doesn't happen already (i honestly can't remember)... make all skaarj troopers who fire dispersion pistols drop their dispersion pistols upon death

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013, 19:04

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Oh, by respawns at the beginning of each map I meant the fact that if someone dies on vortex rikers they'll be back from the dead come nyleve. But yes, that too :P

edit: it was so shit that you had to leave the first dp upgrade behind. Add the ability to pick them up as an inventory item imo. carry it with you until another one is found.

Also, if this doesn't happen already (i honestly can't remember)... make all skaarj troopers who fire dispersion pistols drop their dispersion pistols upon death

what, players shouldnt respawn period? XD Also yeah, the weaponpowerup as an item was already discussed. Plus all skaarj troopers always dropped their weapons anyway, even in stock unreal lol...

Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013, 23:59

Shivaxi wrote:what, players shouldnt respawn period? XD

Yeah, that was my initial vision of the most hardcore RL coop possible.
When you think about it, you have to win the whole game on single player without respawning once. Saving and reloading doesn't regenerate health, so once you've died and reloaded a save it's like you never died in the first place. Much more realistic than respawning imo. I was hoping to see some way of making that work in coop but judging by that broadcast it's hard enough even WITH respawns :P

Previous Next