Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[227] RLCoop (Real Life Survival Gametype) [Official Thread - BETA RELEASED]

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [227] RLCoop (Real Life Gametype) [Forthcoming]

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013, 23:43

So, what's new?

Proning: Yup, that's right. Players can now prone, allowing them to crawl under small spaces. Will also reduce your visibility to monsters like crouching...but wont make you invisible, so don't get too close!

Side Stepping: This is the vertical prone basically. When walking, players will be able to squeeze through narrow spaces like bars etc.

Voteend: All players must now vote to end 100% either by typing "voteend" in console (will add to GUI interface later) or by touching the ending. This only applies to players that are alive.

Will also probably be making SuperHealth and the Dispersion WeaponPowerUp an item to carry on popular request...maybe xD It could be akward for gameplay but we'll see.

Also forthcoming is the new fists and knife model courtesy of Qtit The Brave! \o/ except the fingers look like sausages right now...SASUSAGES ENZYME...SAUSAGES!
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013, 23:54

Shivaxi wrote:So, what's new?

Proning: Yup, that's right. Players can now prone, allowing them to crawl under small spaces. Will also reduce your visibility to monsters like crouching...but wont make you invisible, so don't get too close!

Side Stepping: This is the vertical prone basically. When walking, players will be able to squeeze through narrow spaces like bars etc.

All I can say is... why? :? What are the animations going to be like for prone (praying that it won't just be feign death with a gun strapped on the models back and another coming out his/her mouth), and isn't side stepping through bars and stuff going to break the gameplay on some maps? (Please do correct me if I'm wrong.)
Shivaxi wrote:Voteend: All players must now vote to end 100% either by typing "voteend" in console (will add to GUI interface later) or by touching the ending. This only applies to players that are alive.

Will also probably be making SuperHealth and the Dispersion WeaponPowerUp an item to carry on popular request...maybe xD It could be akward for gameplay but we'll see.

Squeeeeeee! :D Exactly how it should be
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013, 04:52

TheIronKnuckle wrote:
Shivaxi wrote:So, what's new?

All I can say is... why? :? What are the animations going to be like for prone (praying that it won't just be feign death with a gun strapped on the models back and another coming out his/her mouth), and isn't side stepping through bars and stuff going to break the gameplay on some maps? (Please do correct me if I'm wrong.)
Shivaxi wrote:Voteend: All players must now vote to end 100% either by typing "voteend" in console (will add to GUI interface later) or by touching the ending. This only applies to players that are alive.

Squeeeeeee! :D Exactly how it should be

Well yes and no. It doesn't really break gameplay as much as it adds to it. Lets you use your imagination and think of other ways to achieve the same goal. The real time crouching already allows you to bypass certain areas of stock maps that would normally be unsurpassable. Plus the maps themselves arent flawless...like in dig you can entirely skip the skaarj fight scene in the dark hallway easily in stock unreal via a few methods already. Grabbing onto ledges will further "break gameplay" too xD.

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013, 06:58

What about import flaslight,searchlight as a model.
So, sommebody have to help team with lighting.
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013, 08:16

makemeunreal wrote:What about import flaslight,searchlight as a model.
So, sommebody have to help team with lighting.

That sounds interesting and fitting in a RLcoop context.

I'm not sure about the current possibilities but it seems logical that the amplifier should be dropable so that it remains available for players with the correct weapon.

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013, 23:46

Must admit, I am quite curious to see how going prone looks like (third person models).

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 00:16

jaypeezy wrote:Must admit, I am quite curious to see how going prone looks like (third person models).

imagine feign deathing and then sliding your body around on the ground XD

also @SalsaSkaarj: what do you mean? The Amplifier is already dropable.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 09:53

Shivaxi wrote:... also @SalsaSkaarj: what do you mean? The Amplifier is already dropable.

OK, like I said, I wasn't sure of the possibilities and (having unmodified Unreal in my mind) have never seen flares, flashlights, forcefield etc.. being dropped, only being used.
So extrapolating the idea; anything which is picked up and is listed in the inventory can be dropped in RLcoop (that is, not the DP powerup because it immediately changes the DP).
I think I need to look up some kind of manual for RLcoop, most of my questions will probably be answered already.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013, 16:46

Just look on the first page :P I explained all the features pretty thoroughly:

Shivaxi wrote:
RL Inventory:

-New Inventory Handler allows throwing/trading of all items, including weapons, ammunition, items, and even armor. (GUI interface coming soon)

though a manual is not a bad idea lol. I'll probably write one up eventually when I get closer to release =p

EDIT:

Fixed a whole slew of issues plus added a couple more features:

-All accessed nones and script warnings fixed.
-Blood and other effects not showing when leaning[FIXED]
-Can't hear pawns bleeding when behind a wall (aka not in render view)[FIXED]
-Sneak attack knifing a pawn causes them to blow up instantly rofl[FIXED]
-New one here, bodies now instantly explode when they take any amount of damage O.o no idea how i managed that one xD[FIXED]
-Leaning looks choppy and doesnt always work when you fire. aka you lean to the left but your weapon shoots from the right and you end up blowing yourself up half the time.[FIXED...for stock weapons only]

-Blood and Decals always render now, so if you have permanent decals on, you will always see where the carnage went down even if you weren't there at the time.
-Carcasses now have collision. (blocks players and actors)

-Monsters will suffer from being damaged and low health and start to move slower and more sluggish.
-All Players now start at the single player start. Coop starts are disabled.

Oh and also added the first configurable option! \o/ bUseRLWeapons. If this is true, all stock weapons get replaced with the fixed RLWeapons for leaning and disabling crosshair on Eightball (and possibly adding scope to Rifle later). Turn this to false if you want to use custom weapons.

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 01 May 2013, 12:08

Coming Up!

User avatar Rarsonic

Post Posted: 01 May 2013, 18:03

Did the player lose an arm and replaced it with a dispersion pistol arm? :B

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 01 May 2013, 18:50

no...bleeder's fov is just f**kin rediculous

Bleeder91<NL>
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 01 May 2013, 20:14

RL prosthetics.

User avatar Gizzy

Post Posted: 02 May 2013, 00:25

fov 120

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 03 May 2013, 09:06

I play at 115. Good fun. also more to the point: YAY@dualwielding!
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Previous Next