ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Project Reminiscence Announcement - The Timewarp Crew's Sixth

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Swanky
Pupae Pupae

Subject: Project Reminiscence Announcement - The Timewarp Crew's Sixth

Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013, 18:58

Why do we always come back? Why can’t we let go?
Many people have been asking this question over time, for various reasons. And all it needed was a small push into the right direction. The idea of Project Reminiscence was born and many were eager to help. To most it felt like homecoming after years of absence from the Unreal Editor.
Even if you didn’t work with it for a long time, jumping into the editor has that special feeling to it, while still preserving a challenge, working with limited resources, assets and poly counts. We are confident that you will curse yourself at some point after starting with it again, but then you will also like it – possibly a lot.
While already being an impressive team, the Timewarp Crew has never been a closed society of veteran level-designers. We were always including newcomers to our team, and we are doing so now. So if anyone is feeling up to the challenge, we are inviting you to send us your ideas, pictures or maps, so we get an impression of your skills concerning the editor.

What is Project Reminiscence all about?
As with every release before, the Timewarp Crew is aiming for standards far above average.
We want to create a UT map pack that is pretty much only limited by imagination. There are no limits to what kind of map you will be allowed to create, other than it must fit the standard game types of UT. Deathmatch and Capture the Flag maps are encouraged, though, as these are the easiest to do, and usually require less planning than an Assault-type-map, for example.
Many of our maps are remarkable, be it the small maze-like layout of Atlantis, the grandeur of Simplex or the magnificence of Chronoshift. These maps are standing out, and it is this quality level we are aiming at again.

This all nice but when…?
Time has ironically been an issue every time we were doing a map pack. We are offering a loose guideline for every participant, but for those joining in later on, we cannot guarantee you can get an extension. Projects like these have to be engineered carefully and not everyone is having time afterwards.
Project Reminiscence will officially begin on January 15th, and end with its release scheduled to May.

How do I do?
To enter, you can simply show your interest at UT99.org. We do need a convenient idea and possibly some screenshots / files of your work to decide if we can include you in Project Reminiscence.

Below, you can find some Artwork of ours that we have been producing over the years. Just click the pictures to enlarge. Also, all our works are linked so you can get an even better impression ingame.

Image Image Image Image

Download Flags of Time
Download Frags of Time Pt.1
Download Frags of Time Pt.2
Download Fusion of Time
Download Forts of Time Pt.1
Download Forts of Time Pt.2
Download Fate of Time

Do we have your attention? Good! Hope to see you there somewhere,
Sincerely,

- Swanky, Founder of the Timewarp Crew & Project Reminiscence lead

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Re: Project Reminiscence Announcement - The Timewarp Crew's Sixth

Post Posted: 14 Jan 2013, 23:55

awesome stuff. Extremely keen to see what comes of this. Good to hear there's another FoT coming
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013, 00:40

Awesome. I always loved the FoT packs!

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013, 23:11

I wish those guys would warp into making a SP pack.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Swanky
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013, 20:14

Well Revelation almost killed the cat with his AS-Chronoshift and I remember FnB's OrionsCurse Pt.2 WIP had like 80k+ nodes, so whatever SP map pack that would become in the first place, it'd be pretty damn short. :D We are already straining the engine limits with supposedly smaller arena maps. :)

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013, 21:50

Holy fuck 80k nodes, how did that map even rebuild? (or did it just crash constantly, haha)

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013, 03:13

OrionsCurse has been such a massive cliffhanger :P If he ever finishes it he should get a medal for pushing the nodes that far and succeeding
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013, 04:13

Swanky wrote:Well Revelation almost killed the cat with his AS-Chronoshift and I remember FnB's OrionsCurse Pt.2 WIP had like 80k+ nodes, so whatever SP map pack that would become in the first place, it'd be pretty damn short. :D We are already straining the engine limits with supposedly smaller arena maps. :)

Seriously, think about it, I played all the fot since nalicity.BUT ! since you guys make good maps, Nowadays, it almost seems a waste. Whereas, if it was a SP coolness, your work will stand the test of time much longer.

Yep it's time for you guys to graduate and make an SP pack, FNB has things pretty well covered for whipping out BSP, between just you and him you could whip out a SP game pretty fast.AND good looking, you just need a crew to handle the area they work best at. BOOM, done !

you got 2 weeks, :lol: :twisted:
Just ban everyone

User avatar Swanky
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013, 13:47

Waffnuffly wrote:Holy fuck 80k nodes, how did that map even rebuild? (or did it just crash constantly, haha)

You should ask him that... In the end he cut the map and a massive CTF one out of it.
The closest mapper to do Singleplayer ones is Revelation. He started a project long ago, but as far as I know he also did not finish his work.

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013, 18:26

I have to agree, I think Frag should work on a plotted map (whether SP or CoOp)
His maps blow me away.
It is not the size or the professionalism, just the amount of stuff to look at, with excellent use of low-polly decorations.
He has a knack for making Unreal look real.

But in the heat of DM matches, you don't get to explore it all.

Same for Creavions jungles. I like to just walk around their maps with no bots, admiring the scenery with no distractions.