UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Grave of the Machine

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: Grave of the Machine

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010, 13:27

Major problems.

Savegame (the only one I have :( ) is at the Titan. No allammo, just DP-ing all Krall and Slith to maximise killcount and score.
Strange thing, Slith have stopped spawning, Slith kills total around 190 (last time I looked), . Krall kills are around 480 but still spawn strongly. Total kills is above 1100 and score is above 20.000.

The problem now is that loading my savegame almost immediately results in a great big HOM, followed by my animation becoming static, immediately followed by a black screen (only the crosshair is visible). I can hear the Titan moving around and Krall firing at me but it's total blackness and apparently shots don't hit me. Not a single input method works (no mouse, no keys). I have tried opening the console while the game loads (killpawns, obj garbage, ghost, etc..) but the game freezes the moment I press enter. Once I managed to ghost but a second later it froze.

Any ideas?
BTW I have also tried safe mode, changed renderer, disabled sound, etc...

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010, 13:32

Did you try to Killall Carcass and Killall Decal?
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010, 13:35

zacman wrote:There's 100 Mantas, and I think about 200 Flies (CreatureFactories)

On easy I killed 370 Flies. On [U] it was only 190 (reaching the Titan).
On Easy I saw no Tentacles, on [U] I saw and killed 2 (reaching the Titan).
I killed more Mantas on [U] than on easy but didn't reach 100.

Damn, I'm going to have to restart this on [U] - now I understand why you're Zacman the Damned :lol:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010, 13:36

Only 64 Mantas appeared when I played the thing.
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010, 13:40

UBerserker wrote:Did you try to Killall Carcass and Killall Decal?

yes I did, but it's not executed because it just freezes the moment I press Enter.
Damn, I also had corrupt savegames playing on Easy.

I'm giving up on this game for the moment, I'll have to use a clean install of UT just to make sure there are no files changed by installing other maps.

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010, 04:45

Strange... But like I said, was made for MH, so never properly tested for SP. and @Krall/Sliths: Waves spawn when the Titan stomps, but a new wave won't appear until after the 1st wave is dead, so if the Titan stomps twice then dies, and you then kill the slith/krall, More will spawn since they're "Queued" up. There are also Krall preplaced in map more so than Slith iirc, so you will prolly kill more Krall than Slith. Mantas spawn on the little Red-Lit ledge, flies from the hive-things.
ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010, 12:09

zacman wrote:... (Turns out, if you actually reach a high enough amount of kills, the Server can CRASH, because Nelsona is the only person in the world who would refuse to end until Monster Count is absolute Zero, inc. thingfactories :lol: and has crashed her server before with a frag count of over 300000 in one map)

I wonder if the map doesn't crash on SP also after a certain killcount (or score).
I played this again on Easy, on Medium and on Hard, using God and summoning the Deemer with allammo (this was easy :lol: ).
On Easy and on Medium I pretty much killed everything in sight and went to the end without any problems (killcount ± 1000. On Hard the game crashed near the end of the bridge (killcount ± 1300, score 20.000+) and on Unreal it crashed while still fighting the Titan (killcount ±1100, score 20.000+). I thought perhaps using the Deemer too much would be the cause of the problem (strange thing is that picking up the available Deemer on the ledge above the Titan, gives you 2 Deemers, drop one and you still have one), so I godded through again on Unreal without the Deemer, and no summoning anything ... and again it crashed while fighting the Titan having killcount ±1100 (500+ Krall) and score 20.000+.

BTW I managed to kill 99 Mantas.

Since I've reached my objective (killcount 100.000+ in 2010), I'm absolutely putting this Monsterhunt aside until after New Year (next year I'm going for 200.000) :wink:

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010, 12:18

Wierd that it crashes on higher diff... IDK, does Diff. Scaling mod the health? because I know one server had a vampire muatator for some monsters, and when they got enough health, Crash ?_? Not really sure...
ImageImage

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011, 06:59

Grave of the Machine
ENDFIX
After playing through on the Mapping Server with Fazi and Demona, I found some (more or less small) Bugs/Gameplay/visual issues, and so I repaired them along with a couple of other things some other people have reported.

Changelog:

EndFix:
-Fixed lighting in Piping pit that was the wrong colour
-Lit up the area leading to the Skaarj Bridges
-SHRUNK THE HELL out of the giant coronas
-Removed Axe that would sometimes make the queen get stuck and stop fighting
-Added flames to Lava in bridge area
-Added triggered deaths on top of Bridge tunnel thing and also on the bars of the SkaarjBridge to stop players getting stuck. Now you just die :)
-Fixed a Trap that was supposed to suck you up and kill you but instead slammed you against the ceiling at a million miles per hour and caused your vision to go crazy for about 2 minutes afterwards

Final:
-Removed a stupidly placed and totally random panel
-Bumped queens health up
-Re-aligned textures on Titan Balcony
-Set Skybox in Bridge area

Gamma:
-Fixed BSP mistake where Bridge support didn't meet center area
-Completely redid queen area, creating Clockwork Paradise
-Put redeemer back in Titan area
-Reduced enemy load around second shaft
-added some lighting in slith sewers
-Removed redundant Titan Manta spawner

Beta:
-Redid queen area completely
-Massive decrease of thing factory production
-Removed Redeemer from titan area
-Built Bridge Area
-Activated Slith and Krall spawners that were untagged in alpha
-added various decorative additions to Slith area
-Reduced ammo respawn time to 0.5

Alpha:
-=First Release=-

>DOWNLOAD<

Cheers,
Zacman the Damned
ImageImage

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011, 04:17

I just played it with a friend. Fantastic work on the titan boss. The changing environments were awesome. :tup:

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011, 19:33

zacman wrote:Grave of the Machine
ENDFIX
After playing through on the Mapping Server with Fazi and Demona, I found some (more or less small) Bugs/Gameplay/visual issues, and so I repaired them along with a couple of other things some other people have reported.

Downloaded and put into my vault to play ... sometime when find a spare moment.

User avatar zacman

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2011, 05:39

@Teridax: Glad you like it :)

@Salsa: For SP you'll likely not notice any difference from the previous version, just a few cosmetic things and one trap swapped for another.
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011, 19:32

zacman wrote:...
@Salsa: For SP you'll likely not notice any difference from the previous version, just a few cosmetic things and one trap swapped for another.

I had a go last week and had some troubles. The mantas had difficulty releasing themselves from the platform and many times they just fell down into the acid. In the next section quite a few of the Skaarj (also those from the level below) started gliding after being hit (no more body movement but static pose which slides towards you and eventually gets stuck somewhere). And just before the titan section, the first fly generator .... generated lots of noise but no flies, and the flies from the second fly generator only attacked when getting near to it.

I'll have to try as a MH once (played as SP again).

Previous