This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Hourences LOWPOLY Ut3 dm pack !

For discussion of anything relating to multiplayer gameplay in the Unreal series, including co-op.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Hourences LOWPOLY Ut3 dm pack !

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007, 23:19

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=192940

I thought some of you might find this news interesting because I hear he is pretty famous around here hehe

XepptizZ
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007, 23:42

Wow, that's quick :D

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2007, 23:57

yeah, well hourences seems to be the only UT3 player that realizes that there must be a starting point with the new engine. All other mappers are just releasing random crap. They need to learn the engine before they just go off and start using it and releasing to the public

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 00:36

Not exactly the case if you've already built maps for the previous games. :P I like the fact though that Hourences knows everything starts from somewhere. It's just too shocking to suddenly see someone already damned good in the Editor without spending at least a week with it.

Which makes me confused - some people learn THAT fast (Revelaton and his maps) while some people don't learn at all. (hebereke MH maps and about 80% of all CTF-BT maps) What does it take to create a 1337 map with everthing completely custom anyway? Revelation's recent '99 w00t map took only 4 days. My much worse creations take months.

Oh well. There are those who are baptized as mapping gods and those who aren't.

User avatar Frieza

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 00:45

Hourences has had plenty of UE3 training prior to UT3's release..
Last edited by Frieza on 13 Dec 2007, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 00:46

or in other words, those who care about their work and those that dont.

User avatar GTD-Carthage

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 01:33

I care about my work - it's probably just that I don't have time to get deeper into it. Not that I lack knowledge. At least I qualify as an average not-noob mapper.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 12:55

jackrabbit wrote:All other mappers are just releasing random crap. They need to learn the engine before they just go off and start using it and releasing to the public

If you put more attention to the Web, the Morbias remixed for UT3 is incredibly fun and better than the major part of the already awesome official maps.

Gameplay > Graphics.
ImageImage

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 16:59

If you put more attention to the Web, the Morbias remixed for UT3 is incredibly fun and better than the major part of the already awesome official maps.

Gameplay > Graphics.

well yes of course... Morbias is an extremely easy map to remake and not screw up. Just think about it (a cylinder with hallways). This is a good place to start. Unfortunatly, alot of the maps that I start seeing at the UT3 Forums are way too over these guys heads and they put them out as a F**k**g final release!?

Seriously, what has happened to the unreal community!? Its like there is no serious judgement between the mappers and they players. The players basically accept anything getting thrown at them. This pisses me off expecially for those kids who play VCTF in some huge square on the XBOX 360. Seriously, those kids suck.

So, what you are saying is as long as the gameplay is good in some huge square that its alright... I strongly .. strongly disagree. :shake:

XepptizZ
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 17:19

Visual appeal surely does add to the joy you can get out of a map. And with UT3, I feel that it's capabilities should reflect on even the community maps.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 17:21

I don't like playing in a uber-beautiful map with 100 redeemer. Yes, you got it right, I prefer playing in some square rooms where the gameplay is fun. Obviously put the graphical aspects and I'll be even more happy.

And it's hard that everyone start to use the editor and they do impressive maps as Hourences ones (see DM-Krodan), a guy who actually is working for a while with the Unreal Engine 3.

The main note of the month is:
The game is released right now and needs a starting boost in custom things.
Last edited by UB_ on 13 Dec 2007, 17:40, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

wael
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject:

Post Posted: 13 Dec 2007, 17:26

jackrabbit wrote:

Gameplay > Graphics.

well yes of course... Morbias is an extremely easy map to remake and not screw up. Just think about it (a cylinder with hallways). This is a good place to start. Unfortunatly, alot of the maps that I start seeing at the UT3 Forums are way too over these guys heads and they put them out as a F**k**g final release!?

Seriously, what has happened to the unreal community!? Its like there is no serious judgement between the mappers and they players. The players basically accept anything getting thrown at them. This pisses me off expecially for those kids who play VCTF in some huge square on the XBOX 360. Seriously, those kids suck.

So, what you are saying is as long as the gameplay is good in some huge square that its alright... I strongly .. strongly disagree. :shake:

Patience is a virtue, all the good mappers that have UT3 are probably still learning the ed, and when they get done it'll surely take them some time to build a good map.

User avatar jackrabbit

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Dec 2007, 07:24

wow berserker your right about krodan though.. that kicks major ass lol

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2007, 16:59

ImageImage