Scout-kun is a lie... right?

Heh...

Post your fan fiction & fan art threads here.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Hyper
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re: Heh...

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009, 09:39

Hellscrag wrote:I've just looked at the Fan Fiction section on the main page and it's a real mess. Almost all of the off-site links are dead or lead to completely dead sites. [...]

Don't use external hosts for file storage. Keep everything at the main site host if you require some long-time reliability. I've learned that over the years with my own website.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: Re: Heh...

Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009, 18:25

Hyper wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:I've just looked at the Fan Fiction section on the main page and it's a real mess. Almost all of the off-site links are dead or lead to completely dead sites. [...]

Don't use external hosts for file storage. Keep everything at the main site host if you require some long-time reliability. I've learned that over the years with my own website.

It isn't a matter of "file storage", though (otherwise I'd agree). It's a matter of leaving intellectual property within the control of the author. The downside to respecting that right is, unfortunately, that stuff will tend to disappear.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009, 13:16

FanFic Competition doesn't sound that bad... If I could find the time I'd try and submit something.

Previous