Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[ut] Project Xenome

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009, 01:29

Alright.

Oh btw...am I the only one who got stuck in the first map? On the second coded door, I entered the code, it said "Correct" or whatever....but the door didnt open. I ended up ghosting through it. I didn't see any other post mentioning that....so I'm thinking i just did something wrong :/
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009, 01:40

It worked for me, but my brother seemed to have a problem like that with the code door (I think it was the one you are talking about).

Mister_Prophet wrote:On the topic of translator messages, I did notice an abundance of repetitiveness in the logs of dead security guys in the maps I played. Nearly every log I came across read something like, "Things are Happening. SHIT! I'm not alone in here!"

On this note the mod could really do with a proofreader; it's a shame to see the story so let down by mispellings and other issues when it's obvious a lot of effort was put into having a developing story.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009, 02:09

Oh....and what's with some of the music tracks only playing out of one side of the speakers? or is that a "Shiv Problem" as well? :/
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009, 03:10

Mman wrote:On this note the mod could really do with a proofreader; it's a shame to see the story so let down by mispellings and other issues when it's obvious a lot of effort was put into having a developing story.

Yes, I think it could greatly benefit from a proofreader. I think all Mods need a proofreader, really. 8)
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009, 14:47

Lightning Hunter wrote:
Mman wrote:On this note the mod could really do with a proofreader; it's a shame to see the story so let down by mispellings and other issues when it's obvious a lot of effort was put into having a developing story.

Yes, I think it could greatly benefit from a proofreader. I think all Mods need a proofreader, really. 8)

QFT FTW!!! 8)
I see so many typos all the time....(in other mods I mean) :tdown: :/
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar GTD-Carthage
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009, 11:30

Despite being asked not to, I snatched the whole pack before it was removed off FilePlanet and gave it a playthrough from start to end because I was desperate to play some new content. :o

I did see some of the Xidia and even ONP caves but those were only a few maps - but claims are claims.

I can't help but say this was a damned fine job by Jazz, regardless. Removing the claimed content likely won't even take the length of play in the entire pack down.

[spoiler]
I definitely saw a lot of Half Life (Black Mesa Test Labs, Silo's, the Dam, and Lambda Sector) and Doom 3 (Delta Labs for the most I could make out. :P ) references - albeit the short ruins and Skaarj sections were the only parts of a more evident Unreal descent.
[/spoiler]

Speaking of what happened - has anyone ever thought of making an abstract-sounding "open source" map and/or decorative assets? :o

[Edit]
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3080 :D

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 17:16

I played till the Dam before I removed it. And yes, it has some familiar parts.. and I didn't care for the first few maps (was getting monotone), but then it picked up and I enjoyed it a lot! :tup:
Let's see what the final version will be! 8) :tup:
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

TalonHunter
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: is it re-released already?

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009, 08:42

i just found it on both Fileplanet and Filefront , i just wanna know if these are the old "messed" up ones or not

:twisted: :twisted:
I am the Master of the Obvious and Defender of DUH

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009, 08:54

As far as I know he hasn't made a "completed" version yet, so if you play it you'll be seeing map sections from Xidia, ONP, ect.

TalonHunter
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Don't Take this the wrong way :)

Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009, 10:08

i just gotta play through the ,uhm, "original" version once , can't wait for the "True original" work though

*edit* just played the first few levels, Jazz, OMG, i kept expecting grunts and xen slaves to pop out at me, uf the remake is as atmospheric as the "original" i can't wait :):):)
I am the Master of the Obvious and Defender of DUH

Previous